Toronto Blue Jays

Kreskin
+2
NEW YORK, N.Y. - David Price and Troy Tulowitzki show up, and suddenly the Toronto Blue Jays start pulling off all sorts of fantastic feats.

Like hitting a grand slam at Yankee Stadium, for once.

Smoak's slam helps Price, Blue Jays crush Yankees - Article - TSN (external - login to view)

IdRatherBeSkiing
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
They certainly are on a nice run right now. But baseball is a marathon not a sprint. So will see how it lasts over 2 months. But it is fun to be a Blue Jays fan again.

talloola
+1
we have watched blue jays all season, good team with potential, obviously the g.m. saw exactly what
they needed, pulled off two great trades, along with more good players.

seems this is how baseball works, if they see the potential, they take the risk, spend lots of money,
give up prospects, and go for it.

other teams decide the opposite and just lay low and wait for next year, and get rid of high paid players.

this move has excited the jays fans, it is what they were hoping for, so I wish them luck, it is the right
thing to do, as a team doesn't show the potential they have shown often, and the gm saw that, and is
allowing them to make a charge.

if they don't win the world series, I just hope they give it a good run, show their fans some exciting
playoff games, and come cloes.
and just like hockey, 'injuries' play a big role, the big guns must stay healthy.

Kreskin
+1
Swept the Yankees in New York.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Swept the Yankees in New York.

yep, now they go home to host 'oakland'.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

yep, now they go home to host 'oakland'.

Oakland also hot having won the last 3 games of a 4 game set against Houston.

Kreskin
Ok everyone, please begin disembarkation in an orderly fashion. Women and children first.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Ok everyone, please begin disembarkation in an orderly fashion. Women and children first.

Still 3 games up in top wildcard spot. Only 3 back in loss column of NYY with 44 games left (8 with NYY), Anybody who thought the Jays would win all their remaining games or thought the NYY were pushovers and would not be playing extra tough after last weekend are fools.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Still 3 games up in top wildcard spot. Only 3 back in loss column of NYY with 44 games left (8 with NYY), Anybody who thought the Jays would win all their remaining games or thought the NYY were pushovers and would not be playing extra tough after last weekend are fools.

Back on the winning side, IRBS. Loved watching Alex Rodriquez strike out. Half game back - Yahoo!

talloola
+1

lol, yep they were jumping off of the bandwagon, then had to scramble on again, Hutchison pitched a very
good game, and again osuna did his thing.

Kreskin
+1

lol, yep they were jumping off of the bandwagon, then had to scramble on again, Hutchison pitched a very

LOL, "All Aboard!"

spaminator

disembarkment syndrome (external - login to view)

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Back on the winning side, IRBS. Loved watching Alex Rodriquez strike out. Half game back - Yahoo!

2 games in the L column. But they have good hold of top wildcard. Games against Angels, Rangers, Oreos, and Tampa Bay coming up will be important to secure that. Still 7 against the Yanks. We still lead season series 8-4. In the unlikely event of a tie with the Yanks where wildcard is secured, I believe series win determines home field for division win vs. wildcard slot. I can't be 100% sure as they made the rules a lot more complicated when they added the 2nd wildcard team. It used to be they would spend a day in early September flipping coins to determine all the various combinations and permutations.

LOL, "All Aboard!"

In a 162 game season, a teams fortunes are not decided by a single series in August.

Kreskin

Yes, even if it's a 'tainted' strikeout.

Mowich
+1
4th inning against the Angles and the Jays are 10 - 0. Donaldson had a 3-run home run and Batista had a two run single. The Angels walked two of the Jays home. They've also been strong on defense. Rock on Jays.

Currently in the 4th two Jays on base, 2 out and all kinds of scoring runs plus misses at home by the Angels catcher. Jays leave 3 on base at the end of the 4th but with a 10 point lead they are really going to have to try hard to lose this one.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

4th inning against the Angles and the Jays are 10 - 0. Donaldson had a 3-run home run and Batista had a two run single. The Angels walked two of the Jays home. They've also been strong on defense. Rock on Jays.

Currently in the 4th two Jays on base, 2 out and all kinds of scoring runs plus misses at home by the Angels catcher. Jays leave 3 on base at the end of the 4th but with a 10 point lead they are really going to have to try hard to lose this one.

Don't jinx it!

Mowich

Don't jinx it!

Rock on Donaldson..............100 RBIs!!!! Really IRBS..............they would have to completely implode at this point which I highly doubt they are going to do. Nothing can jinx them in this game. They are mucho hot!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Rock on Donaldson..............100 RBIs!!!! Really IRBS..............they would have to completely implode at this point which I highly doubt they are going to do. Nothing can jinx them in this game. They are mucho hot!

They did it once to the Angels in 1994 or 1995 if I recall. Blew a big lead (8 or 9 runs) going into the 9th. 11-3 now btw.

4 deep fly balls in a row, 2 out of the park.

Mowich
+1

They did it once to the Angels in 1994 or 1995 if I recall. Blew a big lead (8 or 9 runs) going into the 9th. 11-3 now btw.

4 deep fly balls in a row, 2 out of the park.

15 - 3 the final............I'd say they held up pretty well, IRBS.

talloola
+1

2 games in the L column. But they have good hold of top wildcard. Games against Angels, Rangers, Oreos, and Tampa Bay coming up will be important to secure that. Still 7 against the Yanks. We still lead season series 8-4. In the unlikely event of a tie with the Yanks where wildcard is secured, I believe series win determines home field for division win vs. wildcard slot. I can't be 100% sure as they made the rules a lot more complicated when they added the 2nd wildcard team. It used to be they would spend a day in early September flipping coins to determine all the various combinations and permutations.

In a 162 game season, a teams fortunes are not decided by a single series in August.

no deciding anything from a single game in august, this team is doing well over and over again,
giving fans a very positive feeling, just make the playoffs, if not, a wild card spot, looking
good for both of those things to happen, I'm just enjoying each game, not thinking about anything
else, if one loves the game, then one loves watching this team right now, keep on keepin on jays.

Mowich

no deciding anything from a single game in august, this team is doing well over and over again,
giving fans a very positive feeling, just make the playoffs, if not, a wild card spot, looking
good for both of those things to happen, I'm just enjoying each game, not thinking about anything
else, if one loves the game, then one loves watching this team right now, keep on keepin on jays.

I'd be well entertained if I only got to watch Donaldson at bat, talloola. In the top of the 4th he took something like 8 or 9 pitches before he connected. Must have driven the pitcher crazy - Donaldson either got a piece of the ball or read the pitch as a ball and let it go. True enjoyment watching them throughout the game at bat or on the field. GO JAYS, GO!

Mowich
9 to 5 Jays........top of the 6th.

Bottom of the 8th Jays get 2 more runs in but leave the bases loaded as Navarro strikes out. Back to CFL. 11 - 5 Jays

Jays sweep series. Rock on Jays.

talloola

just like the nhl, so so many people can't seem to enjoy the present, always watching with a slightly
negative approach, and only can look to the playoffs, and that Stanley cup conversation, the game is
about the game, a great game, enjoy 'the' game, make it fun for yourself, same in baseball, its the
game, how its played, each good play that happens throughout a game, who gives a rat's buttock right
now about the end of the season, its like forgetting to stop and smell the flowers.

Mowich
Second game of the series between the Jays and Texas Rangers is tied 2 apiece bottom of the 4th. Price let two runners on base then struck out the next three batters in a row. Nice, Price.

Top of the 5th now and Jose Bautista was just given a walk on 4 straight balls.

Smoak just got a homer with Bautista on third - Jays up by 2 more.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Second game of the series between the Jays and Texas Rangers is tied 2 apiece bottom of the 4th. Price let two runners on base then struck out the next three batters in a row. Nice, Price.

Top of the 5th now and Jose Bautista was just given a walk on 4 straight balls.

Smoak just got a homer with Bautista on third - Jays up by 2 more.

And Yanks already lost. Teams that have to lose for the Jays have been and they have been taking care of their own business.

Going to see them play the Tigers this Saturday with my 14 year old son. My son is a Detroit fan so it should be interesting.

Mowich

And Yanks already lost. Teams that have to lose for the Jays have been and they have been taking care of their own business.

Going to see them play the Tigers this Saturday with my 14 year old son. My son is a Detroit fan so it should be interesting.

I'll be looking for you in the stands, IRBS.............. Hope you have a grand time with your son.

Kevin Pillar just got his 8th homer of the season and the Jays are up 5 to 2 top of the 6th.

Jose Bautista is having an easy night so far, he's been walked four times. Bases are loaded - nobody is out, top of the 6th.

Oops and the Jays got another run in and are up 6 - 2.

Grand Slam homer for Edwin Encarnacion and the Jays are 10 to 2 and they just had their first out of the inning.

IdRatherBeSkiing

I'll be looking for you in the stands, IRBS.............. Hope you have a grand time with your son.

Kevin Pillar just got his 8th homer of the season and the Jays are up 5 to 2 top of the 6th.

Jose Bautista is having an easy night so far, he's been walked four times. Bases are loaded - nobody is out, top of the 6th.

Oops and the Jays got another run in and are up 6 - 2.

Grand Slam homer for Edwin Encarnacion and the Jays are 10 to 2 and they just had their first out of the inning.

Another good night. If they sweep the Rangers, I think they will have pretty much secured a wildcard spot. Now lets set our sights on the division.

Mowich
I don't know what is more fun to watch, the offense racking up runs and homers or the defense with their outstanding catches and dead-eye dick throws. I've only seen one glitch tonight and that was a miss by the catcher on a low ball to the plate - a runner advanced but Price left him on base.

The guys are havin' fun out there - good to see.

The Rangers are raiding their bull pen quite frequently tonight.

Rangers just gave up their 10th walk of the night and the bases are loaded, I think there is one out.

Sorry nobody out.

Jays get two more runs in to lead 12 - 2.............I think they have this game well in hand.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
12-4 final. 11 walks taken.

Back when the hot spell started, we swept the Twins and knocked them out of the wildcard spot. Last weekend we swept the Angels out of the wildcard spot. Tonight we have pushed Texas out of the wildcard spot (back to the Twins).

Mowich
+1
Bet you and your son had a great time at the game, IRBS..........well maybe not so much your son being a Tiger's fan........but it was another great night for the Jays and being there to see the back-to-back homers must have been fabulous. Even Steven Stamkos was there to cheer the team on. Nice win for the Jays.