Olbermann eviscerates Penn State and the NCAA as they try to whitewash history

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
This past Friday, the NCAA reinstated all of the wins that Penn State football had been penalized as a result of their cover-up of multiple child molestation charges.
The NCAA has announced a proposed settlement under which the Penn State football team's 112 wins from 1998 through 2011 that were thrown out amid the Jerry Sandusky child molestation scandal will be restored. The move would restore late coach Joe Paterno as the most successful coach in major college football history.

Under the proposed deal, Penn State agreed to commit $60 million to programs that work to prevent child sexual abuse. The university in State College, Pa., would also acknowledge the NCAA's "legitimate and good faith interest" in the Sandusky scandal.

It's shameful. Keith Olbermann took them both to task. The video is below

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBVO6rU57A

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So let me get this straight, someone molested some kids, and that means Penn State didn't win all those games?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What about all the kids that went through that program and won fair and square through hard work? They had nothing to do with Sandusky's crimes.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
What about all the kids that went through that program and won fair and square through hard work? They had nothing to do with Sandusky's crimes.

I don't disagree. The point is, so what? I disagreed with stripping the wins from the university however, in the big picture, it's completely irrelevant. I couldn't imagine myself bothering to negotiate to get them back. They obviously mean something more to somebody else. I wonder why

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
They didn't consider boys raped on campus "real" rape victims

Penn State University moved Friday to end another costly episode triggered by the Jerry Sandusky child sex assault scandal, announcing it will pay a record $2.4 million fine for violating federal campus crime reporting rules.

The investigation was sparked by discovery in 2011 of on-campus sex offenses by Penn States’s now-imprisoned former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, though as it turns out, only a small amount of the Clery fine — $27,500 — involved lapses tied to the Sandusky case.

The overwhelming majority — $2,167,500 — was for “failure to properly classify reported incidents and disclose crime statistics from 2008-2011,” according to the agency.

The investigation focused on the years 1998 through 2011, coinciding with the allegations involving Sandusky through his arrest.

The Clery Act of 1990 requires colleges and universities to inform the public and department annually of campus crimes. It also requires them to provide — when appropriate — “a timely warning if a reported crime represents a threat to the campus community,” the agency said.

Penn State will pay $2.4 million for not disclosing crime statistics | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The great cover up continues to unfold.......

Former Penn State president Graham Spanier found guilty of child endangerment

“Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Shultz were each in positions of authority and had an iteration of young boys being sexually abused by Jerry Sandusky,” Shapiro said. “Instead of reporting it to authorities, they consciously turned their backs and the abuse continued.”

Ditka said the trial has always centered around the children.

“The office (of attorney general) successfully kept the focus (of the trial) on children,” Ditka said, “And the jury successfully kept the focus on children.”

A woman who was singled out by Ditka during closing arguments as the mother of one of the minors said Thursday she had been watching the proceedings since jury selection. While she did not stay until the verdict was read, she said it wasn’t important to her.

“I’m just here for closure,” she said outside the courtroom. “Whether he’s found guilty or not guilty, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.”

The mother said she had mainly come to hear the voices she’s never heard of those involved in the case — individuals like former police director Thomas Harmon and psychologist Jack Raykovitz.

“I’m trying to get rid of the dark, unhappy memories and replace them with positive, happy ones instead,” she said.

Spanier’s attorney, Samuel Silver, said they would be appealing the verdict.