Time to Rethink School Sports?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So I was at a volleyball tournament this weekend and a player on one of the teams hit his serve into the net. If looks could kill, the boys coach would be up for murder. I wanted to go over and slap the bitch.

The two biggest school sports are basketball and volleyball and internationally, we suck at these sports. That tells me the system is not developing world class athletes in theses sports. That's fine if that isn't the purpose. So the question is, what are we trying to accomplish with school sports? If it's developing skills, having fun, or learning teamwork, it's failing miserably from what I see. A coworker of mine's kid sat on the bench for two years because he wasn't good enough and he wasn't really upset with it because the team was winning. Is it really all about wins and losses? I'm just thankful my kids went to a school that place individual improvement over the team. One of my twins blossomed under that concept.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So I was at a volleyball tournament this weekend...
No you weren't, liar. But do go on...

I wanted to go over and slap the bitch.
How misogynist of you.

How often do you get these urges to hit women for no reason?

Do your 'daughters' know you get these urges to hit women?

Have you thought of seeking help for these urges to commit violent crimes?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't think your desire to violently assault women is at all funny.

You should seek help. If you really do have a family, they aren't likely safe with you.

Although, it is more likely you don't have one, and I can see why, what with your urges to violate women and all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wanted to go over and slap the bitch.
A classless and misogynistic sentiment. I'd expect something like that from the likes of Blackleaf.

For someone who spends so much of his time on here nit picking at the tiniest of things in order to antagonize others, that was stupid and sloppy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
A classless and misogynistic sentiment. I'd expect something like that from the likes of Blackleaf.

For someone who spends so much of his time on here nit picking at the tiniest of things in order to antagonize others, that was stupid and sloppy.
Sloppy?

Ignorant is closer.

One can only hope he has no daughters or a poor wife to be subject to his misogyny.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Yes sloppy. He must spend so much time agonizing over his posts, just enough to allude to an idea without having the courage to come right out and say it. As DaS says, he dances. Just enough to get a rise out of people. Like his common use of "some people" a not so very clearly concealed insult to those he pretends to be in a discussion with. He's purposeless, never interested in furthering any discussion. Honestly I have more use for Blackleaf than I do for this guy, and it's no secret around here how much disdain I have for him.

As I've stated multiple times, I can't imagine a reason why anyone gives him the time of day.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Make the salaries way less than equal to what they would be for 'the crowd' that can't find a job or hobby that has 'clients'.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bump, just so people who don't know Cannuck fantasises about hitting "bitches", get a good glimpse of what he really is.

Enjoy

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
So I was at a volleyball tournament this weekend and a player on one of the teams hit his serve into the net. If looks could kill, the boys coach would be up for murder. I wanted to go over and slap the bitch.

For clarification sake, was the boys coach a man or a woman?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"So I was at a volleyball tournament this weekend and a player on one of the teams hit his serve into the net. If looks could kill, the boys coach would be up for murder. I wanted to go over and slap the bitch."

Normal response from bullies!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Oh that's easy Twila, he'll tell you it was a guy, now. lol.

I know, but I have to give the benefit of the doubt. I want to be given the benefit of the doubt, so I will give the benefit of the doubt.

Plus,I sometimes type stupid sh!t, in my head I mean one thing, but it shows up on the board a bit different. I don't like jumping to conclusions. I am afraid of heights.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I know, but I have to give the benefit of the doubt. I want to be given the benefit of the doubt, so I will give the benefit of the doubt.

Plus,I sometimes type stupid sh!t, in my head I mean one thing, but it shows up on the board a bit different. I don't like jumping to conclusions. I am afraid of heights.
He's had plenty of time to correct it. Than of course there's the fact that he's been caught in lie after lie.

I hear you about the benefit of the doubt, but at some point in time, you have to realize what you're actually dealing with, and this guy just isn't worth it.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
the proper way to address any disagreement with any coach or leader of students is to
question them after the game or whatever the activity is, an intelligent talk about whatever
you disagree with, and then listen to the other person, and if the situation is still not
satisfactory in your mind, 'say so', that is the 'grown-up' way of handling situations.

it is a thankless job coaching other people's children, and of course everyone isn't perfect,
people make mistakes, that is human nature, but if the leader of minors continues making the
same mistakes over and over, there must be a change.

some adults are very competetive, some students are competetive, and some are not on both accounts,
and its hard to mix them together sometimes, it takes skill, and experience by a coach, some
people have to coach because no one else will, and its the only way the kids can participate
at all, then when they don't do a good enough job at it, everyone complains, its not a win win
situation, its hard.