Women's takes silver............

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Great job Ladies but I don't know why the Canadians looked so dejected. They should have been proud of their accomplishments.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Great job Ladies but I don't know why the Canadians looked so dejected. They should have been proud of their accomplishments.

Since they've trammeled the US every year cept this'un, it takes a while for it to sink in.

Ah well, I don't like hockey and didn't watch it,, but proud of our team less the nun.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Oh you mean like the big grin on Kendall Coyne's face after the 2012 IIHF final in Burlington????

Sorry about the size. You can see an larger image by clicking on the link below.

PICTURES

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh you mean like the big grin on Kendall Coyne's face after the 2012 IIHF final in Burlington????

Sorry about the size. You can see an larger image by clicking on the link below.

PICTURES

Did you REALLY want to go there?

I just remember SOMEONE busting on the USA ladies when they lost the gold medal. How they looked so dejected, poor sports even because they weren't happy enough at Canada's victory.

That couldn't have been you was it?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Did you REALLY want to go there?

I just remember SOMEONE busting on the USA ladies when they lost the gold medal. How they looked so dejected, poor sports even because they weren't happy enough at Canada's victory.

That couldn't have been you was it?

I sincerely doubt that I wrote anything like that, Eagle. I do try to to give the teams their due as I did after this event when my first comments were to congratulate the US ladies on their win. I don't blame either team for being dejected after the huge build-up that goes with the IIHF Gold Medal game considering that either the U.S. or Canada are perennial winners - which is sad enough in itself.

That said, if you can find a post where I took the US to account for not being happy about the 2012 Canadian win, please do post it and I will quickly apologize. No sense getting all hetted up over a hockey game that on any given day can and does go either way.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Then it wasn't meant for you. Those that did know who they are. I remember it well.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well said Nuggs

My point exactly from when the US Women looked dejected after losing the Gold and were called sore losers because they didn't look happy enough.

Matter closed

(but you may want to check that "every year" stat)

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Then it wasn't meant for you. Those that did know who they are. I remember it well.

I do remember reading such comments somewhere, Eagle - whether here or on another forum. And I must say again that Amanda Kessel is one helluva of a fantastic hockey player. She was dynamite yesterday. Any team would be proud to call her their won and the US is really lucky to have her.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh it was here and I've no doubt you read it somewhere else.

1 goal... it was anyone's game. Congrats to your team.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Oh it was here and I've no doubt you read it somewhere else.

1 goal... it was anyone's game. Congrats to your team.

Don't doubt that at all, Eagle......some of the stuff I have seen so-called fans post here about sports teams is enough to make my stomach turn.

Thanks for the congrats though I was not at all pleased with the ladies play and wish they would have given your gals a better game. Funny how they could go through the tourney annihilating one team after another then choke in the Gold medal game. Sure they did well to bring home Silver but since no other team was even close to the Americans or Canadians it is rather a hollow victory. For me, it isn't truly about the medals as much as it is my team giving it their all - Team Canada did not give it their all and were the first ones to say so. Good on them for that, I will say.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Well if you look at the stats of the Womens World Cup Hockey you will see the two teams that win it or come in second... Canada-US. The other nations aren't quite there in the Woman's field.

Top 3 finishers at women's worlds

• 2013 — U.S., Canada, Russia
  • 2012Canada, U.S., Switzerland
  • 2011 — U.S., Canada, Finland
  • 2009 — U.S., Canada, Finland
  • 2008 — U.S., Canada, Finland
  • 2007Canada, U.S., Sweden
  • 2005 — U.S., Canada, Sweden
  • 2004Canada, U.S., Finland
  • 2001Canada, U.S., Russia
  • 2000Canada, U.S., Finland
  • 1999Canada, U.S., Finland