Blue Jays 2013

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Has anybody been following what's been happening in TO. Cabrera, Reyes, Buehrle, Johnson....holy shyte!!! Looks like they've finally decided to win.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
They figure if the move enough players around, you might lose sight that they don't stand a chance with Baltimore, TB, NYY and Boston in their division.

If they are in contention in late August/September, I will pay attention closely again. Been burned by these guys too many years now.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Nah, they have the horses now. This is the first time since their world series days that they have made so many significant moves in the off season. They aren't just tinkering, these are 4 all stars they've added....and of course, it would be pretty tough to have the same level of injuries next year.

Besides, the issue isn't whether they win or lose. It's that they are finally getting serious.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
they are doing some major reshuffling, something to take notice of.

I enjoyed watching them last summer, lose or not, I don't care, it was good ball.

Looks like next season will be more successful.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They figure if the move enough players around, you might lose sight that they don't stand a chance with Baltimore, TB, NYY and Boston in their division.

If they are in contention in late August/September, I will pay attention closely again. Been burned by these guys too many years now.

How so? The Yankees are on the decline(older players, and Jeter and Rivera might never be the same coming back from their injuries), Boston is not very good right now, TB seems to have tapered off(they might be the ones giving the Jays the most trouble next season), and Baltimore is a crapshoot. They could continue like they did last season, or they could fall into old (bad) habits.

I think this is a great time for Toronto to make a deal like this!

Nah, they have the horses now. This is the first time since their world series days that they have made so many significant moves in the off season. They aren't just tinkering, these are 4 all stars they've added....and of course, it would be pretty tough to have the same level of injuries next year.

Besides, the issue isn't whether they win or lose. It's that they are finally getting serious.

I love the fact that Rogers has finally opened their wallet! Now that their farm system is stocked up(it was pretty barren for a long time), they can show the fans that the time is now. I predict that they will a very good season next year! And I also don't think they're done either. They could re-sign Marcum(who has stated that he likes playing in Toronto), and they could make an offer to Hamilton(but he may be asking for too long/large of a contract) as well! After so many years of frustration, I am finally excited to be a Blue Jays fan!:)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
How so? The Yankees are on the decline(older players, and Jeter and Rivera might never be the same coming back from their injuries), Boston is not very good right now, TB seems to have tapered off(they might be the ones giving the Jays the most trouble next season), and Baltimore is a crapshoot. They could continue like they did last season, or they could fall into old (bad) habits.

I think this is a great time for Toronto to make a deal like this!

Perhaps I am a bit too Jaded looking at them. I always hear plenty of promises but the season always winds up the same. Sometimes they play good in April & May then swoon in June/July. Sometimes they do a run in August and just when they get close enough to say maybe, they collapse. I am hesitant to get my hopes up again.

And yes the Yankees are aging but they always seem to find a way to get it done. And if they have a shortfall, they open up the vault and buy who they need.

TB & Baltimore can falter on any given year but they have a good enough core to be considered into it each year.

Boston had a really bad year last year. I don't think it reflects the quality of their team. And if they are short, they too have a vault second in size only to the Yankees.