Religion - Questions

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Religion - Questions

We have a number of posters that are well schooled on Religion - I am not - I try going by the big 10 - No not Football

We will have to start with God creating the earth and of course Man/Woman -

We also have to include that God has a Master Plan

Got to have those 2 before we move on to the questions

So the questions are as follows:

God created Man/Woman - So those that are afflicted with a Mental Illness and cannot according to Western Laws be held accountable for such crimes as murder and others - Does God consider that he created these people with these afflictions - do they go to Heaven or Hell?

Does taking a life defending yourself condemn you to Hell?-

As God created Man & Woman - he also created homosexuality - asexual as well - Are they condemned to Hellfire?
God made them did he not?

As a Soldier, taking a life to protect others in War - Are you condemned to hell and brimstone as an aside?

Walking by a person that needs help you keep on moving, the person dies, are you according to the Bible also responsible for their death - So off you go - Brimstone and fire as an added side dish of punishment

Taking revenge on people - does that also constitute a Sin???

Can a person who does not believe in God, go to Heaven?

What about all those born before God revealed himself? Where did they go???? No not Florida, that’s Gods Waiting Room

Capital Punishment? Does God believe in Capital Punishment?

Is our fate decided by God the day we are born?

Was Man/Woman born with Free Will?

Now for those of you that are Atheists, what you believe is your own business. OK - This is not a Thread for bashing Religion.
It asks in my opinion reasonable questions.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We will have to start with God creating the earth and of course Man/Woman -

We also have to include that God has a Master Plan

Got to have those 2 before we move on to the questions

In order to ask most of those questions you also need to assume that God judges and rewards or punishes human behaviour in the afterlife. Just nitpicking.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God created Man/Woman - So those that are afflicted with a Mental Illness and cannot according to Western Laws be held accountable for such crimes as murder and others - Does God consider that he created these people with these afflictions - do they go to Heaven or Hell?
Those afflictions mean they automatically have rewards coming from God. The story of the beggar and the rich man would show that a life of strife means the door that the 'healthy' enjoyed will be judged more severely.
Does taking a life defending yourself condemn you to Hell?-
No, celebrating that act rather than repenting it does though. If you die before the 2nd coming death may have some effect on your sins, if you are alive and unrepented when the 7th trump sounds the next 1,000 years you experience will be in hell and when that punishment is over those people will be resurrected and healed by God at the Great White Throne.
As God created Man & Woman - he also created homosexuality - asexual as well - Are they condemned to Hellfire?
God made them did he not?
That would seem to come under the adultery/fornification laws, since the cross even thinking about it is enough to need repenting so grace must cover such acts. No data on this but perhaps it is a switch that turns on automatically once the population reaches a certain density, bluntly it is a form of population control. In the worst case they would be asleep for the 1,000 years and when made alive for the new earth they would also be immortal and therefore they would be equal to the ones who were alive for the 1,000 years. Not given in marriage so they would be childless. Long story short, immortality is nor offered until a person is 120 years old that means everybody has a few years 'due' before judgment. In those years you can have children so it does work out that everybody has about 100 children per couple.
As a Soldier, taking a life to protect others in War - Are you condemned to hell and brimstone as an aside?
Only if you happen to be in any army when Christ arrives. That is due to the kingdoms of the world being run for the last 3 1/2 years by Satan and Co. Roman's 13 gives the Governments of the world the duty to have a sword that can be used to protect the people from evil. Jer.25 explains what happens to the leaders when that same sword is used against the people it was intended to protect.
Walking by a person that needs help you keep on moving, the person dies, are you according to the Bible also responsible for their death - So off you go - Brimstone and fire as an added side dish of punishment
No, in one instance if you stop to pick up a coat that is the difference between making it out alive or not. Since trying to outrun a sniper only means you will die tired you can take comfort in that if you do stop to help somebody that means you may lose your life but God will restore it at the earliest possible moment which is at the beginning of the 1,000 years.
Taking revenge on people - does that also constitute a Sin???
For people yes, using Christ's name as authorization would seem to increase the punishment due enough to warrant avoiding doing it in the first place. When God induces a physical punishment via some prophecy the ones being punished also experience an end to that punishment and that means God can view them as being without sin. The last sin ever committed is done so just before the 7th trump sounds.
Can a person who does not believe in God, go to Heaven?
If you are born into mankind you cannot avoid going to heaven after the 1,000 reign on earth has happened. It is a larger example of what Thomas experienced, the ones who were not believers at the sound of the 7th trump will be believers by the things that are shown to them after that point in time.
What about all those born before God revealed himself? Where did they go???? No not Florida, that’s Gods Waiting Room
Everybody experiences the same thing at death, the sorting does not happen until the 7th trump.

Ec.3:20
All go unto one place;
all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.

Ec.12:7
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Capital Punishment? Does God believe in Capital Punishment?
I'm not sure if Roman's 13 covers that, the Gov certainly has the right to use the sword to protect the population from real threats.
Is our fate decided by God the day we are born?
Out fate was decided before anything in the heaven was even created, since there is such a thing as a new heaven and new earth it might be that 'this earth' is a seed-bed for the start of life in the new earth.
Was Man/Woman born with Free Will?
Yes, the only time that is allowed to be truly used is when Christ or God is offering you personally a drink of living water.
JMHO as a literal old earth creationist. lol

Hawkins

Jan 23, 2007
If your parents gave you a perfect body but you decide to cut your face to look a monster, then it's who fault.

God created Adam and Eve and a human production system. Since then humans keep sinning to an extent that no one can be sure about what happened in between. Perhaps humans ever chose to mate with other homo erectus. They mated with the africa homo erectus to be infected with the black skin genes, perhaps with the neantherdals to get the white skin genes, or perhaps with the pekines homo erectus to get the yellow skin genes.

Now who fault is that?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If your parents gave you a perfect body but you decide to cut your face to look a monster, then it's who fault.

God created Adam and Eve and a human production system. Since then humans keep sinning to an extent that no one can be sure about what happened in between. Perhaps humans ever chose to mate with other homo erectus. They mated with the africa homo erectus to be infected with the black skin genes, perhaps with the neantherdals to get the white skin genes, or perhaps with the pekines homo erectus to get the yellow skin genes.

Now who fault is that?
First off, you know nothing about biology, second, there is no fault in mixing genes and thirdly, you are a bigot of biblical proportions.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Now who fault is that?

When a preacher diddles little boys is he still spreading gods word? And if god permits this without instant lightening bolts is god not complicit in breaking her own law?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
When a preacher diddles little boys is he still spreading gods word? And if god permits this without instant lightening bolts is god not complicit in breaking her own law?

9 messages, that didn't take long. Did it Goober.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First off, you know nothing about biology, second, there is no fault in mixing genes and thirdly, you are a bigot of biblical proportions.

It's getting overwhelming, Cliff, the number of religious nuts is running rampant and getting worse by the day. :lol:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
All I know is when I croak, my thetans will be released and I'll travel throught outer space to meet up with Ron Hubbard and Xenu.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"the sol" (aka "the soul" to you unknowing sun worshippers who have yet to see the light) is a Christian/Muslim idealism. The "soul" to a Jew is kinda like the Holy Sprit to a Christian, but it manifests only when there is unity between the Jews as an entire people not the individual and God.

Another misunderstanding is the 10 commandments. In the Hebrew version of 10 Commandments it is written thous shalt not Murder. Killing is absolutely fine. just don't murder.

Play around with those two realities and try to fit them into Christianity.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Goober, I doubt if you really want serious answers, but I will give you some anyway.

In order to sin, one must make a conscious choice to do so. If a person is irrational, unable to make a valid choice, then they can not sin. Therefore, a person that kills as a result of an uncontrollable mental illness could not be condemned to hell, because they could not consciously choose to sin.

Those that came before Christ, who lived lives according to whatever religion they had, will not be condemned to hell. God is a loving God, and he would not do that to his own creations. Once again, they would have to choose to reject his teachings in order to be punished.

The other questions follow along the same vein.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Goober, I doubt if you really want serious answers, but .......
Not promoting my reply as being the only serious reply 'out there' but she didn't post anything after that, all the posts after that are frame the usual antichrist crowd so right off the bat I would have to question you even having that part correct. ??????

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
My son was born on June 25 exactly 6 months after Christmas, so I called him the anti-Christ. I'm the daddy of the anti-Christ. What does that make me?

I would come to take your soul but ya ain't got one. Souls have people, not the other way around.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Therefore, a person that kills as a result of an uncontrollable mental illness could not be condemned to hell, .........
You have to be alive and ready to fight Christ at His return before you qualify for hell. If the 2/3 of all of mankind that die on that day everyone could qualify for hell, before then many could due to their past deeds but death allows some sins to be covered and for the Gospel to be preached. (that is mostly for the ones that died as a result of the conquest of the promised land. The ones 'beheaded' for of the word of God' qualify for life under Re.20:4 list .

Those that came before Christ, who lived lives according to whatever religion they had, will not be condemned to hell.
The ones that God had killed in the OT (after the flood and excluding any/all 6 fingered giants) have a better chance of being aive for the 1,000 years than somebody who never heard of God. They are in the grave asleep until the Great White Throne, hell is death without sleep and they both end at the same time and both are sin-free when released.

My son was born on June 25 exactly 6 months after Christmas, so I called him the anti-Christ. I'm the daddy of the anti-Christ. What does that make me?

I would come to take your soul but ya ain't got one. Souls have people, not the other way around.
And I would come and eat your sole but it may have just arrived from Japan. I hope you didn't go stupid on his name.

Some say Jesus was born on Sept. 25, 9 months before would have been conception, what does that say about when God considers a person to be a living soul. That seem to be more generous than what you have as far as 'your children' goes. (in that God has a larger crowd to raise when the time comes rather than it being a right to life issue)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Are we sure the Book was not written as part of a script? Was it written by a bunch of
hypochondriacs wants points for their misery or worse written by politicians to keep us
all in line in case we thought for ourselves. Cliffy I think it was posted on the other thread
that God exists because people give the concept energy by the fact that they believe.
The other problem we have is who did the rewrites of the Bible and how much of their
person slant crept into the the rewritten document. I personally believe these books and
belief systems were instituted by the masters of the society at the time to control the
people and didn't realize that some day we would all be educated and learn to read and
right, and make decisions for ourselves. In two hundred years if the world goes on in
progress all these books and beliefs will be in a museum somewhere relating the
superstitions of the past, pointing out how little man actually advanced over the centuries.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The whole concept of organized religion (Church) in my opinion, is to create guilt and self esteem issues (sin) in a person, then manipulate, magnify and cultivate them into a controlling device for purposes of extortion.