NDE Near death experinces

Rene2

Feb 5, 2011
town to small to mention
I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a NDE, if so care to share, I experienced something many years ago when my dad passed away , and I saw the peverbial bright glowing light, but i wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced a NDE, if so care to share, I experienced something many years ago when my dad passed away , and I saw the peverbial bright glowing light, but i wondered if anyone else has experienced something similar?
I've had several but I was told by some on here that it was just my imagination caused be certain chemicals being released in my brain. Don't you just love it when someone pisses on your parade? Actually, my experiences were quite real in spite of the nay sayers, but I didn't see a light. I went somewhere where a being (unseen) gave me a choice whether to continue on that path or return (at least twice). I obviously chose to return.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

How did you see that light when your Dad passed on? (Just asking, not being critical :) )

Rene2

Feb 5, 2011
town to small to mention
How did you see that light when your Dad passed on? (Just asking, not being critical :) )

Hello, I know how strange that it was me who saw the light eh? ok what happened was I just came home from the funeral , i was emotionally exausted , as most people are when they lose a loved one, I lost my mom to pancriatic cancer when she was only 46 yrs old, I was 16 at the time, and then to lose my second parent was quite rough for me, Anyways i got home and plopped down in a lazy boy and I said to myself "God if you are really there , please watch over my dad".... I barely released the thought and I was asleep, in my dream (vision>?) I saw this big ball of white light, only it was off in the distance, I remember squinting to get a closer look at this light. As I did this , the ball got closer and closer , so it was moving towards me. As it did, the bigger the ball of light would become and the more brilliant it was, I call it a white light but honestly, white does not describe it acurately, It was to luminious and not solid in color, So the light basically stopped right in front of me, and it did not hurt my eyes what so ever. Then the light just exploded into thousands of shards of light , like a kazillion pieces of glass , but lit up like if you were to take a crystal and hold it up to the sunlight you would see thousands of shades in the spectrum, that is what this ball was like, and as it exploded , standing there in front of me was my dad. It was an image of him from his shoulders upward, He then smiled and he winked at me, Winking was a gesture my father would do to me when I was a little girl, and this wink was used by my dad when ever he wanted to convey the message, trust me!!! or daddy knows best type of message. Then my father just dissipated , he just sort of faded away but he dissipated through me, I could feel his whisker stubble on my chin, and smell his cologne and his scent... Then I woke up, Now if that is not mind blowing enough, this next part is really trippy:)) When I woke up I flew out of the chair, as this experience effected me to my core... it litterally RAWKED my world.... I was foggy and groggy, and i thought omg!!! how long have i been asleep, it litterally felt like i had been asleep for days, i really did feel like i was in a time warp or something

I was litterally only a sleep for seconds!!!!! how mind blowing is that ? lol

I've had several but I was told by some on here that it was just my imagination caused be certain chemicals being released in my brain. Don't you just love it when someone pisses on your parade? Actually, my experiences were quite real in spite of the nay sayers, but I didn't see a light. I went somewhere where a being (unseen) gave me a choice whether to continue on that path or return (at least twice). I obviously chose to return.

ok so even if it was "grand imaginings", does it make the experience less profound? less real?

Rene2

Feb 5, 2011
town to small to mention
That is interesting.

I can tell you my experience of the white light when my dad died, was absolutely thee most profound experience I have had thus far in my life, it rocked me to my core, changed me forever, to my way of thinking that is as real as real can get, so it really doesnt matter if some great learned thinker said , oh it was just a fantasy or mental stress or whatever ..... it doesnt change the effect* the experience had on me , and in a positive way too

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I can tell you my experience of the white light when my dad died, was absolutely thee most profound experience I have had thus far in my life, it rocked me to my core, changed me forever, to my way of thinking that is as real as real can get, so it really doesnt matter if some great learned thinker said , oh it was just a fantasy or mental stress or whatever ..... it doesnt change the effect* the experience had on me , and in a positive way too

Yup... some folks will try to say that. They lack faith in anything beyond what they see so they are intent or find joy in destroying the faith of others. Or at least they want to be an a**.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yep, I had a couple of near death experiences when I was a young un - one from chug lugging rot gut wine and another from chug a lugging Gilbey's lemon gin. Those were valuable near death experiences. :lol:

Rene2

Feb 5, 2011
town to small to mention
Yep, I had a couple of near death experiences when I was a young un - one from chug lugging rot gut wine and another from chug a lugging Gilbey's lemon gin. Those were valuable near death experiences. :lol:

LAUGH!!... Hey I remember when i was quite young, actually ,( almost another life time ago ), saving up my coins to buy this wine called "4 Aces" !!!! it cost $1.05 scents, so my friends and I use to say "Come Alive for a buck 5"!!!

needless to say I beleive it has turned me off of wine .... i dont drink wine now

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Hello, I know how strange that it was me who saw the light eh? ok what happened was I just came home from the funeral , i was emotionally exausted , as most people are when they lose a loved one, I lost my mom to pancriatic cancer when she was only 46 yrs old, I was 16 at the time, and then to lose my second parent was quite rough for me, Anyways i got home and plopped down in a lazy boy and I said to myself "God if you are really there , please watch over my dad".... I barely released the thought and I was asleep, in my dream (vision>?) I saw this big ball of white light, only it was off in the distance, I remember squinting to get a closer look at this light. As I did this , the ball got closer and closer , so it was moving towards me. As it did, the bigger the ball of light would become and the more brilliant it was, I call it a white light but honestly, white does not describe it acurately, It was to luminious and not solid in color, So the light basically stopped right in front of me, and it did not hurt my eyes what so ever. Then the light just exploded into thousands of shards of light , like a kazillion pieces of glass , but lit up like if you were to take a crystal and hold it up to the sunlight you would see thousands of shades in the spectrum, that is what this ball was like, and as it exploded , standing there in front of me was my dad. It was an image of him from his shoulders upward, He then smiled and he winked at me, Winking was a gesture my father would do to me when I was a little girl, and this wink was used by my dad when ever he wanted to convey the message, trust me!!! or daddy knows best type of message. Then my father just dissipated , he just sort of faded away but he dissipated through me, I could feel his whisker stubble on my chin, and smell his cologne and his scent... Then I woke up, Now if that is not mind blowing enough, this next part is really trippy:)) When I woke up I flew out of the chair, as this experience effected me to my core... it litterally RAWKED my world.... I was foggy and groggy, and i thought omg!!! how long have i been asleep, it litterally felt like i had been asleep for days, i really did feel like i was in a time warp or something

I have known a lot of people who have had similar experiences and they do have a profound effect and that is all that matters. It was your experience and nobody can take that away from you.

ok so even if it was "grand imaginings", does it make the experience less profound? less real?
When you have such profound experiences, no amount of logic or reason can negate it. I have had many experiences with indigenous peoples while I was awake that were even more intense and life changing. Most were beyond logic and reason because the indigenous people live in a different reality than the dominant society (which is why so few in the dominant society will ever understand why they are the way they are).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
LAUGH!!... Hey I remember when i was quite young, actually ,( almost another life time ago ), saving up my coins to buy this wine called "4 Aces" !!!! it cost $1.05 scents, so my friends and I use to say "Come Alive for a buck 5"!!!

needless to say I beleive it has turned me off of wine .... i dont drink wine now
LOL Reminds me of "What's the word? Thunderbird! What's the price? Real nice"

Lucid dreaming.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Probably a wise decision, I did drink it myself for a few years (in a little more civilized manner than previously described) but can honestly say I never got much out of it. Glass of root beer tastes a lot better. :smile:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I mentioned in another thread of my lifelong respiratory problems. My mother told me years ago that when I was an infant a doctor declared me dead because I stopped breathing and could not be revived. Miraculously I started breathing well after the doctor gave up. Over the years I have stopped breathing many thousands of times both in my sleep and when active - this often results in fainting spells and other problems. It seems as if I have awakened from the dead upon reviving. Trust me, going through this repeated nightmare is not a good feeling.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I mentioned in another thread of my lifelong respiratory problems. My mother told me years ago that when I was an infant a doctor declared me dead because I stopped breathing and could not be revived. Miraculously I started breathing well after the doctor gave up. Over the years I have stopped breathing many thousands of times both in my sleep and when active - this often results in fainting spells and other problems. It seems as if I have awakened from the dead upon reviving. Trust me, going through this repeated nightmare is not a good feeling.
No wonder you look so discombobulated. :p(Alfie)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Had several near death experiences but not what you are talking about. However a person I worked with(now deceased) logging had one that is simmular to what you describe. He was a blaster building logging roads and was standing in an excavator bucket scaling loose rock off a face when several hundred yards of rock came down and buried him. He said he was heading towards a light in the distance when a voice said"go back Howard it is not time yet" He came out of it ok but died of cancer about 10 years later. Didn't make 50.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There was this wine or port maybe that we would drink here in the sixties it was called 999 we called it ****in near a thousand

That was the rot gun I was referring to- there was also 444, I wouldn't even go there.

Had several near death experiences but not what you are talking about. However a person I worked with(now deceased) logging had one that is simmular to what you describe. He was a blaster building logging roads and was standing in an excavator bucket scaling loose rock off a face when several hundred yards of rock came down and buried him. He said he was heading towards a light in the distance when a voice said"go back Howard it is not time yet" He came out of it ok but died of cancer about 10 years later. Didn't make 50.

It's just that kind of story and thousands more similar to it that makes me believe there is a lot to this life and what comes after that we still don't understand.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Lost a friend a few years back due to severe apnea where he'd fall asleep doing just about anything. Not a happy ending at all.