So what does happen when you die?


patty_lone
#1
This is not a discussion about the necessity of religion and religon stands in the world today for better or for worse....

This is a thread about death and what comes after....
I'm just curious to know where people stand on this.....of what canadians are thinking across the country about life after death...

From my point of view....i don't think anything happens at all.....the is the one chance i got...(maybe i need to think this way to make the most out of it). I think the only chance I have to be immortal is to leave somthing behind with creation; my own creations. Now whether or not they are good or bad or worhty is not the point here (I think some of you have posted quite clearly your point of viws on my stuff....but again...this is not what this is about....

Also, it's clear i love myself, but not enough to want to keep it going after my body shuts down....the idea of my soul going on and on and on for eternity would drive me nuts....

So what do you believe.....

nothing at all
heaven and hell
reincarnation
do you become a ghost and witness your what happens without you

anything goes....i guess, because know one really knows...

I know this can be a touchy subject so i will ask everyone to be considerate and respectful about their comments.....
 
lone wolf
#2
I have grandkids. At least part of me lives on.
 
DurkaDurka
#3
Who ****en knows?
 
patty_lone
#4
no one knows....that's for sure, but do you have an interpretation...just a visual image in mind....

or what would you like there to be...
 
taxslave
#5
You turn to dirt.
 
patty_lone
#6
yep....i agree....

i have a feeling many of you might be afraid to answer this post.....afraid of being mocked.....

i hope i am wrong....
 
Johnnny
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by patty_loneView Post

yep....i agree....

i have a feeling many of you might be afraid to answer this post.....afraid of being mocked.....

i hope i am wrong....

yep your right we are all scared of speaking our minds because we arent an enlightened artist such as yourself

forums.canadiancontent.net/sp...ast-lives.html (external - login to view)
 
VanIsle
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You turn to dirt.

Not necessarily there Taxslave. Bible says "dust to dust, earth to earth, ashes to ashes". Guess it depends on whether or not you are "dirt" (earth to earth) or ashes. I'm not quite sure how the dust comes about. We are, in this case though, talking about the body. I think the OP wants to know about your soul.
 
JLM
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You turn to dirt.

Absolutely correct as far as the shell goes, the other dimensions remain a mystery.

Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

Not necessarily there Taxslave. Bible says "dust to dust, earth to earth, ashes to ashes". Guess it depends on whether or not you are "dirt" (earth to earth) or ashes. I'm not quite sure how the dust comes about. We are, in this case though, talking about the body. I think the OP wants to know about your soul.

That is the important thing- the body is just a vehicle.
 
lone wolf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsleView Post

I think the OP wants to know about your soul.


If the kids want my old Motown records, they can have 'em....
 
L Gilbert
#11
Your molecules disintegrate and become parts of other things. Your energy dissipates because as cells die, there are no electrochemical sources for generating it left in you. Entropy in a microcosmic and rapid scale.
 
patty_lone
+1
#12
Well Johnny i don't know whether to take your comment seriously or not....but jee thanks...

but thank you more foy your link.....

i think of reincarnation as the next possible solution.....it makes more sense to me than heaven or hell

but if we do reincarnate.....i think your next life will have nothing to do with your previous one.....if your bad in one life...i don't necessarily think you will be punished in the next......i don't think the forces of the world can afford to have so many "life script wirters".......lol

I'd say it's a random process...
 
JLM
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by patty_loneView Post

Well Johnny i don't know whether to take your comment seriously or not....but jee thanks...

but thank you more foy your link.....

i think of reincarnation as the next possible solution.....it makes more sense to me than heaven or hell

but if we do reincarnate.....i think your next life will have nothing to do with your previous one.....if your bad in one life...i don't necessarily think you will be punished in the next......i don't think the forces of the world can afford to have so many "life script wirters".......lol

I'd say it's a random process...

I'm pretty sure one of the first things that will happen is we'll get the "report card" read to us. After that reincarnation is a possibility and makes sense.
 
patty_lone
#14
report card....hahaha ....i lke that.....funny...

wonder who the jury is......Paula Abdul.....oh no right...not dead yet.....

Mother theresa I hope.....
 
L Gilbert
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I'm pretty sure one of the first things that will happen is we'll get the "report card" read to us. After that reincarnation is a possibility and makes sense.

Anything is a possibility. To make suppositions on that "anything" makes sense to those that play "What if". lol
Some religions teach people like the fussy housekeeper that has company coming: if there is a hereafter, everyone rushes to clean up their act at the last minute so that everything looks tickety boo. Wifey and I suggest being a decent human being in the first place and never mind the hereafter because anything (if it exists) that's sane would not punish for being decent anyway.
 
patty_lone
#16
YOu and wifey sure seem to a nice little view on things GILBERT... ad i think you are SO right...live decently and whatever comes next....you should be fine...
 
L Gilbert
#17
Well, I don't think there is a next and I base that on the complete lack of evidence for a next or any gods.
Wifey has a slightly different view: that it doesn't matter what is next because we don't live in the next, we live now. She thinks that if there are gods, they are decidedly indifferent about humanity's goings on.
 
Spade
#18

YouTube - Rotting Human

 
JLM
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Anything is a possibility. To make suppositions on that "anything" makes sense to those that play "What if". lol
Some religions teach people like the fussy housekeeper that has company coming: if there is a hereafter, everyone rushes to clean up their act at the last minute so that everything looks tickety boo. Wifey and I suggest being a decent human being in the first place and never mind the hereafter because anything (if it exists) that's sane would not punish for being decent anyway.

You got that right, actually one of the signs of a good person is one who helps others that he knows will never be able to return the favour.
 
gerryh
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You got that right, actually one of the signs of a good person is one who helps others that he knows will never be able to return the favour.

how about one who helps others with no regard what so ever as to "returned favours". Some one that goes out of their way to only help those that can't return the favour is no better than those that only help those that CAN return the favour. They are the ones that will usually shove it in your, and everyone elses face as to how altruistic they are.
 
L Gilbert
#21
Then there are the real altruistic ones that help out and leave quietly.
 
Curiosity
#22
I hope I don't get asked to leave for sharing my thoughts.

This isn't original - I had an aunt to believed the following and she related it to me and to my sisters and somehow as I age, it seems to make more and more sense.

The body is the vessel for the soul. It is given life-form to live, educate, adopt morals, realities, choices, honest living or dishonest existence. Once the body dies, the soul moves at its own volution to
take up a place in another body which may have new teaching to learn, or more advanced living choices.

I think the human soul is an amazing gift for whatever reason and it hurts me to think our souls are worn out in one human life term (or even shorter due illness or accident)....when it has not had time to understand how the life was lived and why.

I think the soul is mapping and learning constantly while active for whatever reason I have no way to understand.
 
JLM
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

I hope I don't get asked to leave for sharing my thoughts.

This isn't original - I had an aunt to believed the following and she related it to me and to my sisters and somehow as I age, it seems to make more and more sense.

The body is the vessel for the soul. It is given life-form to live, educate, adopt morals, realities, choices, honest living or dishonest existence. Once the body dies, the soul moves at its own volution to
take up a place in another body which may have new teaching to learn, or more advanced living choices.

I think the human soul is an amazing gift for whatever reason and it hurts me to think our souls are worn out in one human life term (or even shorter due illness or accident)....when it has not had time to understand how the life was lived and why.

I think the soul is mapping and learning constantly while active for whatever reason I have no way to understand.

I think your idea is pretty much bang on.
 
Curiosity
#24
Thank you JLM

I always feel I should be wearing a turban when I write things like I did.

Once I made my thoughts known to my friends after a card game broke up and got laughed into the kitchen....it took me a while to calm down because I was serious. Many people disagree violently with the idea.

My thought whether real or not gives me an explanation of why we are and why we live as we do making mistakes, making huge advances, giving help and killing others...... it all must be learned.

We have much existence to live through and one lifetime cannot present all the issues or tests.
 
JLM
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Thank you JLM

I always feel I should be wearing a turban when I write things like I did.

Once I made my thoughts known to my friends after a card game broke up and got laughed into the kitchen....it took me a while to calm down because I was serious. Many people disagree violently with the idea.

My thought whether real or not gives me an explanation of why we are and why we live as we do making mistakes, making huge advances, giving help and killing others...... it all must be learned.

We have much existence to live through and one lifetime cannot present all the issues or tests.

Actually there is quite a bit of documented evidence of reincarnation.

To Curiosity-

Check this out...........Edgar Cayce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

I'm sure your public library will have all the material on him if you haven't already read his books.
 
Kakato
#26
What would Timothy Leary say?
 
JLM
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

What would Timothy Leary say?

Wasn't his credibility a little shaky?
 
Spade
#28
Idle speculation on a possible afterlife is amusing sophistry on a warm summer Saturday! I think I'll barbeque a few ground-bovine patties to give them life after a demise too horrible to contemplate!
 
Kakato
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Wasn't his credibility a little shaky?

Depends on how open minded you are to what he did,I think he was ahead of his time myself.
 
VanIsle
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Idle speculation on a possible afterlife is amusing sophistry on a warm summer Saturday! I think I'll barbeque a few ground-bovine patties to give them life after a demise too horrible to contemplate!

Now you are going to think about that demise the whole time you are eating. I'm glad it's only 4:30 here so that I don't have to contemplate dinner quite yet. Potato salad and BBQ'd pork chops tonight. Hotter than Hades here today. Good thread I guess!!
 

Similar Threads

13
This doesn't happen very often..
by Amik | Apr 30th, 2006
8
It looks like war will happen
by Andem | Mar 18th, 2003
no new posts