So what does happen when you die?

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
This is not a discussion about the necessity of religion and religon stands in the world today for better or for worse....

This is a thread about death and what comes after....
I'm just curious to know where people stand on this.....of what canadians are thinking across the country about life after death...

From my point of view....i don't think anything happens at all.....the is the one chance i got...(maybe i need to think this way to make the most out of it). I think the only chance I have to be immortal is to leave somthing behind with creation; my own creations. Now whether or not they are good or bad or worhty is not the point here (I think some of you have posted quite clearly your point of viws on my stuff....but again...this is not what this is about....

Also, it's clear i love myself, but not enough to want to keep it going after my body shuts down....the idea of my soul going on and on and on for eternity would drive me nuts....

So what do you believe.....

nothing at all
heaven and hell
reincarnation
do you become a ghost and witness your what happens without you

anything goes....i guess, because know one really knows...

I know this can be a touchy subject so i will ask everyone to be considerate and respectful about their comments.....

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
no one knows....that's for sure, but do you have an interpretation...just a visual image in mind....

or what would you like there to be...

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
yep....i agree....

i have a feeling many of you might be afraid to answer this post.....afraid of being mocked.....

i hope i am wrong....

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
You turn to dirt.
Not necessarily there Taxslave. Bible says "dust to dust, earth to earth, ashes to ashes". Guess it depends on whether or not you are "dirt" (earth to earth) or ashes. I'm not quite sure how the dust comes about. We are, in this case though, talking about the body. I think the OP wants to know about your soul.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You turn to dirt.

Absolutely correct as far as the shell goes, the other dimensions remain a mystery.

Not necessarily there Taxslave. Bible says "dust to dust, earth to earth, ashes to ashes". Guess it depends on whether or not you are "dirt" (earth to earth) or ashes. I'm not quite sure how the dust comes about. We are, in this case though, talking about the body. I think the OP wants to know about your soul.

That is the important thing- the body is just a vehicle.

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
Well Johnny i don't know whether to take your comment seriously or not....but jee thanks...

but thank you more foy your link.....

i think of reincarnation as the next possible solution.....it makes more sense to me than heaven or hell

but if we do reincarnate.....i think your next life will have nothing to do with your previous one.....if your bad in one life...i don't necessarily think you will be punished in the next......i don't think the forces of the world can afford to have so many "life script wirters".......lol

I'd say it's a random process...

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well Johnny i don't know whether to take your comment seriously or not....but jee thanks...

but thank you more foy your link.....

i think of reincarnation as the next possible solution.....it makes more sense to me than heaven or hell

but if we do reincarnate.....i think your next life will have nothing to do with your previous one.....if your bad in one life...i don't necessarily think you will be punished in the next......i don't think the forces of the world can afford to have so many "life script wirters".......lol

I'd say it's a random process...

I'm pretty sure one of the first things that will happen is we'll get the "report card" read to us. After that reincarnation is a possibility and makes sense.

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
report card....hahaha ....i lke that.....funny...

wonder who the jury is......Paula Abdul.....oh no right...not dead yet.....

Mother theresa I hope.....

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I'm pretty sure one of the first things that will happen is we'll get the "report card" read to us. After that reincarnation is a possibility and makes sense.
Anything is a possibility. To make suppositions on that "anything" makes sense to those that play "What if". lol
Some religions teach people like the fussy housekeeper that has company coming: if there is a hereafter, everyone rushes to clean up their act at the last minute so that everything looks tickety boo. Wifey and I suggest being a decent human being in the first place and never mind the hereafter because anything (if it exists) that's sane would not punish for being decent anyway.

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
YOu and wifey sure seem to a nice little view on things GILBERT... ad i think you are SO right...live decently and whatever comes next....you should be fine...

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Well, I don't think there is a next and I base that on the complete lack of evidence for a next or any gods.
Wifey has a slightly different view: that it doesn't matter what is next because we don't live in the next, we live now. She thinks that if there are gods, they are decidedly indifferent about humanity's goings on.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Anything is a possibility. To make suppositions on that "anything" makes sense to those that play "What if". lol
Some religions teach people like the fussy housekeeper that has company coming: if there is a hereafter, everyone rushes to clean up their act at the last minute so that everything looks tickety boo. Wifey and I suggest being a decent human being in the first place and never mind the hereafter because anything (if it exists) that's sane would not punish for being decent anyway.

You got that right, actually one of the signs of a good person is one who helps others that he knows will never be able to return the favour. :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
You got that right, actually one of the signs of a good person is one who helps others that he knows will never be able to return the favour. :smile:

how about one who helps others with no regard what so ever as to "returned favours". Some one that goes out of their way to only help those that can't return the favour is no better than those that only help those that CAN return the favour. They are the ones that will usually shove it in your, and everyone elses face as to how altruistic they are.:roll: