Need help for my fight for justice

chrismartell

Aug 2, 2010
Chris doesn't want his son's death to be quickly forgotten like a closed file in the Ministry's office. It is not sufficient to simply accept the coroner's verdict of “death by drowning.” Technically that may be appropriate but there is more to this story. This is the way Chris tells his story.

The coroner released this little boy's body to Chris on Friday of that week with a media release that there was extensive type burns which may have contributed to the death. Disturbed by what they saw, the operators of the funeral home summoned Chris to look at the infant's body because there was evidence of third degree burns over the entire body from face and head to toe with the exception of the diapered torso. As Chris himself describes it, because of the condition of the body and the way it had to be wrapped, a white screen was stretched over the casket for viewing that would not reveal all details of the child's fatal injuries.

Chris is unmarried. The mother of his child Evander experienced a not uncommon post birth depression and was unable immediately to care for the child. Since Chris was an enlisted soldier with the U.S. Army, the infant was kindly cared for by a cousin and her husband. When Evander was one year old, Chris returned on leave and during this time he and the boy's mother had a domestic dispute that resulted in a charge issued against him which prevented him from leaving Canada to return to U.S. military duty. Chris explains that because he did not have $5000 for a lawyer to fight what he says was a false charge, he chose to plead guilty and was sentenced to eight months of anger management. He was unaware that the caregiver gave the boy to Social Services because the plan was for the mother who had recovered from her depression and dependencies, to apply for custody of her own son. Chris was alarmed to learn that Evander was in A foster home in Aberdeen, SK which he discovered already had four foster children under the age of three and five children in total. Social Services appeared to make a decision that warrants criticism because it stated that a Native family with three children is overcrowded whereas the non native home mentioned above with five was not considered overcrowded. Social services assured Chris that the boy's safety was not a concern in what SS considered a safe home. Both Chris' extended family and the mother's extended family were considering how to care for Evander. Chris was in favour of letting the boy's mother have a chance to raise the child. The plan was for the birth mother's sister to take the boy until the mother received approval. Meanwhile Chris appealed for a court order for visits to his son.

On the day Evander died, Chris and the birth mother were meeting to discuss with officials why the process was taking so long to arrange. It was already too late.
Chris wants a lawyer to do an inquiry to ascertain the extent of what he perceives as obvious negligence that caused death, both from the aspect of the foster care facility and the Social Services' assessment of the home. To raise money to finance that inquiry he publicized a 150 kilometre walk from Saskatoon to Prince Albert SK. That's what caught the attention of news media earlier. He is scheduling another 125 km walk from Saskatoon to North Battleford on August 5th concluding on the 6th, Evander's birthday. In spite of the news coverage and Facebook publicity people have not responded generously and he has raised only $2500 but Chris is grateful to the donors.
YouTube - Evander lee daniels Fight for Justice
YouTube - Evander Lee Daniels

Reactions: captain morgan

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Post has been approved, so I will bump it so everyone has a chance to read it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Sounds like gov't officials playing "god". I wonder if they actually have done an assessment of that home recently. Especially since this is the second child under the province's care to die in 6 months:

CBC News - Saskatchewan - Sask. foster care blasted after child's death

I seem to be having a tough time finding out where to send this man some help. Perhaps he'd like to PM me? Maybe I'll PM him.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nice censorship.

Is it the SK govt's fault this guy hooked up with a junkie, got her pregnant, beat her, was labled violent and the child removed from a situation to end up in foster care because the mother is still a junkie and he can't legally see the child because of his behaviour problems?

If he and others were real men and real dads the SK foster care system wouldn't have problems keeping track of who and what is happening due to the enormous problem of ****ty parents who should have kept their damn clothes on.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nice censorship.

Is it the SK govt's fault this guy hooked up with a junkie, got her pregnant, beat her, was labled violent and the child removed from a situation to end up in foster care because the mother is still a junkie and he can't legally see the child because of his behaviour problems?
Where'd you get that info from?

If he and others were real men and real dads the SK foster care system wouldn't have problems keeping track of who and what is happening due to the enormous problem of ****ty parents who should have kept their damn clothes on.
Ah, so the guy is stupid enough to call all this attention to himself when he's the bad guy of the story? :roll: He is actually the one who killed his kid? :roll:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Nice censorship.

Come on, petros. You should have known that post wouldn't have been acceptable. You said the same thing in this post, albeit with far less vulgarity, which is much better.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Were was he? Was he caring for his kid? No. Why not? Was the mother? No. Why not?

Is this an acceptable excuse for his and her behaviour?

"The reason many of our families are dysfunctional in the first place is because of federal and provincial assimilationist policies," Daniels said, citing residential schools and programs that encouraged the adoption of aboriginal children into white families.
What res school did the parents attend? What programs?

What kind of program is run by the province that teaches mother how to be junkies and dads to be woman beaters?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Were was he? Was he caring for his kid? No. Why not? Was the mother? No. Why not?

Is this an acceptable excuse for his and her behaviour?

What res school did the parents attend? What programs?

What kind of program is run by the province that teaches mother how to be junkies and dads to be woman beaters?
The way I read it, the kid was put into foster care by SS and it died while in that care, yet you blame the father and the mother and the gov't is all angelic and saintly? lmao

Like I asked, where did you get this bit from: "Is it the SK govt's fault this guy hooked up with a junkie, got her pregnant, beat her, was labled violent and the child removed from a situation to end up in foster care because the mother is still a junkie and he can't legally see the child because of his behaviour problems?" Your imagination, I'd bet.

The same kind of gov't program that takes the kids away to be killed, apparently.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Read
Chris returned on leave and during this time he and the boy's mother had a domestic dispute that resulted in a charge issued against him which prevented him from leaving Canada to return to U.S. military duty.
He was unaware that the caregiver gave the boy to Social Services because the plan was for the mother who had recovered from her depression and dependencies, to apply for custody of her own son.
Chris was in favour of letting the boy's mother have a chance to raise the child. The plan was for the birth mother's sister to take the boy until the mother received approval. Meanwhile Chris appealed for a court order for visits to his son.
Sound like great parents to me. They should run out and have ten more.

Describe a 3rd degree burn.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Read
Sound like great parents to me. They should run out and have ten more.

Describe a 3rd degree burn.
So what was the charge? You know for a fact it had anything to do with assault or something?
It just seems to me that you're leaping to an awful lot of assumptions here.
But anyway, so all this is grounds for the kid dying under the care of SS? Twisted.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The only way to not be able to see your kids and 8 flippin' months in anger management kind of charge is a violence causing harm one.

That's fact not a guess.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The only way to not be able to see your kids and 8 flippin' months in anger management kind of charge is a violence causing harm one.

That's fact not a guess.
Really? A friend in Nakusp was married to a guy that got the same thing. He didn't lay a hand on her. But her new stove was parked in her car.
So much for what you think is a fact.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But anyway, so all this is grounds for the kid dying under the care of SS? Twisted.
The kid was in the care off SS because the real parents weren't doing such a good job of being parents were they? it's was a lotttery or some program. they are major screw ups who have more issues than TV Guide.
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1312602

Really? A friend in Nakusp was married to a guy that got the same thing. He didn't lay a hand on her. But her new stove was parked in her car.
So much for what you think is a fact.
Hooray for the courts in BC. Good to see they have kicked it up a notch.

Why are there three different types of alleged burns? What really pisses me off is lieing.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The kid was in the care off SS because the real parents weren't doing such a good job of being parents were they? it's was a lotttery or some program. they are major screw ups who have more issues than TV Guide.
Even if that is true, that excuses SS, the foster home, and the Sask. gov't. I see :roll:
Hooray for the courts in BC. Good to see they have kicked it up a notch.
Like I said, so much for what you think facts are.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So he wasn't violent? They send people to Anger Management and restrict them from seeing their children for handing out teddy bears?

Get a grip.