How did the Prophet believe ?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
How did the Prophet believe until he became certain?

At the start he was thinking and contemplating and wishing to do some reformation in his community; so God sent the angel to him to tell him he became an apostle to his people.

This is in the Quran 96: 1-5
اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ .خَلَقَ الْإِنسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ . اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ . الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ . عَلَّمَ الْإِنسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ
The explanation:
([O Mohammed] recite: in the name of your Lord Who created [the universe from the non-existence.]

[Who] created man from the 'worm-like structure'.

Recite, and your Lord is the Most Generous.

Who taught [the writing] with the pen [so that heavenly revelations might be written down.]

He taught man [some of the knowledge and sciences] that he did not know [before.])

The Prophet refused at the start; then was in hesitation, then returned to his family with distress; he said to them: "Cover me with some blankets."

Then the angel came again to him and said: "Arise and carry up your duty."
This is in the Quran 74: 1-7
يَا أَيُّهَا الْمُدَّثِّرُ .قُمْ فَأَنذِرْ . وَرَبَّكَ فَكَبِّرْ . وَثِيَابَكَ فَطَهِّرْ . وَالرُّجْزَ فَاهْجُرْ . وَلَا تَمْنُن تَسْتَكْثِرُ . وَلِرَبِّكَ فَاصْبِرْ

The explanation:
(O you [: Mohammed] covering yourself [with your blankets!]

Arise [to carry out your duty], and warn [your people against idolatry.]

And magnify your Lord.

And purify your garments.

And forsake those saying 'derisive poetry'.

Consider not your expenditure so much, making that a favor [to people.]

But forbear [the hurt of your people, and let that be] for [the sake of] your Lord.)

www.quran-ayat.com

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Prophet Mohammed was misguided like his idolatrous people
Prophet Mohammed at the start was (like many other prophets before him) in error and misguidance, and then God guided him, acquainted and taught him through revelation and inspiration.

Some Muslims out of their ignorance and imitation to each other, and the rigidity of thinking, they followed (like all other peoples and nations) their traditions which God did not reveal.

So such Muslims cannot imagine the idea that the Prophet at the start was in misguidance and say: No he was rightly guided: worshipping God alone from the start.

While when we see the Quran in many ayat like the ayat 93: 6-8

أَلَمْ يَجِدْكَ يَتِيمًا فَآوَى .وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَى . وَوَجَدَكَ عَائِلًا فَأَغْنَى

The explanation:
(Did He not find you an orphan, and give you shelter [to your grandfather then to your uncle]?

Did He not find you erring [from the religion], and guide you [by inspiration and revelation]?

Did He not find you destitute with a family, and enrich you [by trading and by the wealth of your wife Khadieja]?

Therefore, as for the orphan: oppress him not.

As for the beggar: scold him not.

And as for your Lord's favor [on you: your message]: 'rehearse and proclaim' it [to people.])

When he saw his people worshipping the stone idols and saw their error and wronging of each other, he wished sincerely to guide them and save them from their social difficulties.

www.quran-ayat.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Can you learn to ride a bicycle from a book and people who have only read the book but have never seen let alone ridden a bicycle?

What makes spirituality any different?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Other prophets who were misguided at the start, then God guided them:

Abraham was one of the Shiaa (devoted followers of Noah), then God guided him to devote himself to Him alone until he broke up the idols of his people and became the Loyal Friend of God (or the Devoted Alley of God.)

Moses at the start: there were expectation of his advent before he became an apostle at his age of 40 years. And there were the Shiaa of Moses before his advent. Those used to claim they await his coming as their savior. But Moses was a devoted to God alone: did not mind to do anything for the sake of his God. So he loved his people but when they committed the idolatry and worshipped the gold statue of the calf, he ordered killig a large number of them.

The Awaited Mahdi also he be one of the Shiaa of Ali and his sons, then God reform him in one single night so he convert from "a devoted to Ali" to "a devoted to God alone".

Can you learn to ride a bicycle from a book and people who have only read the book but have never seen let alone ridden a bicycle?

This is not a good example. People are the same everywhere with only some minor differences. They understand very well what I am saying.

The implication: Mohammed was truthful, who reached his certain belief gradually, and God warned him not to do like the idolaters and to beware of their wickedness.
====================================================

God confirmed his apostle Mohammed, by revealing the Quran, during all such stages

At the start, his people ridiculed and mocked him, and tried to let him waver about his apostle-hood; so he was suspicious and wavering at the beginning.

Then with the succession of the revelation of the Quran revelations, his belief became sure and he became certain about his prophet-hood and apostle-hood.

"So this is in the Quran 10: 95-97

فَإِن كُنتَ فِي شَكٍّ مِّمَّا أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ فَاسْأَلِ الَّذِينَ يَقْرَؤُونَ الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكَ لَقَدْ جَاءكَ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكَ فَلاَ تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ . وَلاَ تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِ اللّهِ فَتَكُونَ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ .

The explanation:
(And if you [Mohammed] are in doubt of that which We have sent down to you, then question those who read the Scripture [that was] before you. The truth, indeed, has come to you from your Lord; so be not of those who waver.

And be not of those who say the signs [of revelation] of God are lies, or you will be of those who lose [the prophethood.])

The interpretation:
>> (And if you [Mohammed] are in doubt of that) revelation (which We have sent down to you), (then question those) Jews (who read the Scripture [that was] before you) and say to them: Was Moses an angel that came down from heaven? Or was he a human being like you? And were the prophets angels that came down from heaven? Or were they human beings like you?

So that if they answer you that they were human beings like you, then be certain that you are a messenger (or an apostle) from God, then carry out your duty and warn people, and God will guide whom He will [to guide] and you are not responsible about their guidance.

>> (The truth, indeed, has come to you from your Lord) and not from the Jinni (or demons) as they claim.

>> (So be not of those who waver) i.e. of those who doubt, means: Don’t doubt about yourself and don’t feel unable about the mission; because God chooses for it whom He pleases of His servants, and now He has chosen you for it.

>> (And be not of those who say the signs [of revelation] of God are lies), so that you say it may be from the Jinni (or demons) and [it is] not an angel [that brings it down.]

>> (Or you will be of those who lose [the prophethood].) So that you will lose the prophethood while God has chosen you for it."

B. Why did God order Mohammed to ask the People of the Bible?
Is the Hebrew Bible then correct and authentic?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quoting petros Can you learn to ride a bicycle from a book and people who have only read the book but have never seen let alone ridden a bicycle?

This is not a good example. People are the same everywhere with only some minor differences. They understand very well what I am saying.
They understand how to ride a bicycle from you because you read a book on how to ride a bicyle but you've never ridden one and they've never ridden one?

Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Confiuscius were all bike riders. What book did they learn from?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Confiuscius were all bike riders. What book did they learn from?
Now that is unfair. You know Mohammed was illiterate so he couldn't ride a bike. And there were no books when most of the other dudes were around so how could any of them ride bikes?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
he still knew how to ride a bike and never read the book on how to ride a bike so how did he know how to ride the bike?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Petros on the bike :D
Before riding your bike be certain of your diapers and change your upside sitting :D

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Petros on the bike :D
Before riding your bike be certain of your diapers and change your upside sitting :D
Did you learn to ride the bike yet or are you still trying to memorize the book on how to ride a bike and going around telling other to read the book on how to ride a bike een though none of you even know what the bike looks like or if the book even properly explain how to ride a bike?

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Petros,
I know how to ride the bicycle; I learned that by practice not from books; thank you.

Mohammed did not ride a bicycle; he rode the camel;

Jesus rode the donkey during his travels to Jerusalem and other cities in Palestine;

I think Moses used to walk on his legs: he might rode the horse during his travels from Egypt to Sinai (when he ran away from Pharaoh), then from Sinai to Egypt (when he returned to Egypt after Pharaoh the father died), then from Egypt to Sinai (in the Exodus) ??

Abu Abd-Allah knew how to ride the bicycle; he consulted me about riding the bicycle, and said to me: "I know how to ride the bicycle." but I advised him (may be I was wrong) not to ride the bicycle; I thought it might decrease his respect in the community, and when he became old he had a tremor, and he used the sport stationary bicycle (the excercise bicycle) to overcome such tremor, and he succeeded in that: he was cured of the tremor of senility, or the tremor much lessened by using the excercise bicycle. :smile:

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Petros,
I know how to ride the bicycle; I learned that by practice not from books; thank you.
If you really knew how to ride the spiritual bicycle you wouldn't try to get others to ride the bike by referring to a book. You'd give your personal experiences of how to ride the bike.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Good idea, but here the spiritual bicycle? The heavenly book: man has to know it and practice it. Because the Quran has two aspects: belief and practice. Man has not to confy himself to reading it but to practice its instructions.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
There was a prophet, by gar!
Who was said to wander afar,
Telling tales to us all-
Some short, others tall-
That profit the prpphet by far!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Good idea, but here the spiritual bicycle? The heavenly book: man has to know it and practice it. Because the Quran has two aspects: belief and practice. Man has not to confy himself to reading it but to practice its instructions.
The heavenly book man doesn't know it either otherwise he wouldn't need the book. If you don't know where the bicycle is, then you've never ridden it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The heavenly book man doesn't know it either otherwise he wouldn't need the book. If you don't know where the bicycle is, then you've never ridden it.
I think the metaphor is beyond him. You might want to try to express you point more directly.

We cannot learn about gods, truth or life from books. It is all in the experiences of life. Books only stifle the mind, heart and spirit.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That bicycle has no wheels.
People can learn to be good people without the use of some book or other telling them how and what to do. And in that case, reality supplies the wheels.

I think the metaphor is beyond him. You might want to try to express you point more directly.
Wasted effort. At least metaphors, similes, analogies, etc. are fun.

We cannot learn about gods, truth or life from books. It is all in the experiences of life. Books only stifle the mind, heart and spirit.
That's a narrow approach to them. Basically you are saying that knowledge is worthless unless it is experienced. Sorry, but if someone showed me a book that said fire is hot, even though I might try putting my hand near a fire to check, I'd still do it with caution.
Besides that, some books inspire people, like the Quran obviously inspires eannassir, albeit unreasonably. Physics books inspired Einstein to snoop into relativity. I'm sure Shakespeare's books, Ghibran's books, etc. inspired a lot of people to write plays, stories, and poetry. Why did you write your books? For the money? What if people who could not experience Sinixt personally actually read your books?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That bicycle has no wheels.
People can learn to be good people without the use of some book or other telling them how and what to do. And in that case, reality supplies the wheels.

Wasted effort. At least metaphors, similes, analogies, etc. are fun.

That's a narrow approach to them. Basically you are saying that knowledge is worthless unless it is experienced. Sorry, but if someone showed me a book that said fire is hot, even though I might try putting my hand near a fire to check, I'd still do it with caution.
Besides that, some books inspire people, like the Quran obviously inspires eannassir, albeit unreasonably. Physics books inspired Einstein to snoop into relativity. I'm sure Shakespeare's books, Ghibran's books, etc. inspired a lot of people to write plays, stories, and poetry. Why did you write your books? For the money? What if people who could not experience Sinixt personally actually read your books?
A book about riding a bicycle (something you've never seen) is nothing like a book that says something is hot. How can a book about riding something you've never seen or experienced in any way be inspiring? It's a cruel joke to make someone memorize a book about the joys of riding a bike when they will never be able to learn to ride a bike from the book. Where in the book of the holy bicycle do you find actual instructions on how to ride a bicycle? There are instructions for the rules of the road and all the hand signals which are niceties and courtesies and that's great but maybe they don't give you proper instructions because they don't want you to ride the bicycle?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
wow Awesome spin (pun intended).
A book about riding a bicycle (something you've never seen) is nothing like a book that says something is hot.
I didn't say "something", I said "fire". A book can describe pretty much everything about fire except the sensation of heat. In which case, it can tell you that the heat from the fire would burn you. Or are you suggesting we are born knowing fire?
How can a book about riding something you've never seen or experienced in any way be inspiring?
There's no such thing as curiosity?
It's a cruel joke to make someone memorize a book about the joys of riding a bike when they will never be able to learn to ride a bike from the book.
I've never practised my anthropology degree, but I sure enjoy reading about it.
How does one practise arithmetic? Reading?
Where in the book of the holy bicycle do you find actual instructions on how to ride a bicycle? There are instructions for the rules of the road and all the hand signals which are niceties and courtesies and that's great but maybe they don't give you proper instructions because they don't want you to ride the bicycle?
Learn to Ride a Bike (E-book - $14.95)

:D Books are not a necessity for a lot of things, but they sure help sometimes.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
1. You can see fire but you can't see spirituality.
2. Curiosity about spirituality won't even give you a taste of it just like riding a bike you've never seen or experienced will never give an uncling of what it is like.
3. Rules of the road and hand signals. Until applied they sit in waiting.
4. Just another guide (at a fee) that will never give you experience until you hop on.

Moses, Jesus, Mohamed, Buddha, Confucius et al all did the same thing to ride the bike.

It's in the texts on bike riding but the description is brief but describes them all having good times and bad riding the bike.

What do you think that was?