Rock & Roll And Religion

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Rock & Roll And Religion

Rock & Roll has been around for fifty years and since day one religions have been at war with it.

Religions claim that the music corrupts the minds of young people to the point that they lose their way on their journey back to God.

Because of the influence of Rock & Roll religions have been affected to the point that they had to re-think their strategy.

Religious leaders try to be hip or cool to connect with their followers and they also introduced a new type of music that mimicked Rock & Roll called Christian Rock.

In Christian Rock the music is the same but the lyrics is about Jesus and the promised land.

One can say that Rock & Roll was a positive influence on religion but they would never admit to that.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Do a Youtube search for 'Christian Side Hug', it's a stellar example of the amazing abilities of hiphop to preach a clean Christian image.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Why should some music and singing be forbidden by religion?

God likes to see His servant delighted, but in lawful way, not with adultery.

In other words, if a man together with his wife and listened to some music or a song, then what is the problem?

But the excess of music and songs will ifnluence the personality of man, and may divert him from his prayers and remembering, mentioning and glorifying God Most Gracious; and here it will be undesirable.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
One can say that Rock & Roll was a positive influence on religion but they would never admit to that.

More religious trolling. Nice. Like the forum hasn't had enough of that lately.

Who the **** is 'they' Lib? There is no 'they' when discussing religion. Do you mean Mormons, Baptists, JW's, Muslims, Jews...? Who the **** are you asserting is against music?

I've had about enough of the constant meal of 'bash the religious' this forum doles out, and the hypocritical attitude of the 'friends' (oh, sorry, not your friends if you don't let them tell you how wrong you are) that are feeding it.

Pull your head out of your ass Liberalman.

Reactions: DaSleeper

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Why should some music and singing be forbidden by religion?

God likes to see His servant delighted, but in lawful way, not with adultery.

In other words, if a man together with his wife and listened to some music or a song, then what is the problem?

But the excess of music and songs will ifnluence the personality of man, and may divert him from his prayers and remembering, mentioning and glorifying God Most Gracious; and here it will be undesirable.

what a bunch of BS............blah blah blah

How can you believe any of this crap?

I think "GOD" has bigger problems to think about then what you listen to, wear or eat.

Islam needs to modernize, fast.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I don't think that the issue is that religion is against rock n roll music, but rather the content of some of the music, and thoughts of the musicians. One example would be when John Lenon was quoted saying that the Beatles were better than Jesus, when he in fact said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus (among young people). There was a big record bonfire after that...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
He's a devout Liberal Karrie, that request is a physical impossibility.

Well...... considering in my 51 years I have voted consistently Liberal that entire time, I can only think of 2 or 3 times where I voted otherwise, I guess I am also a "devout Liberal".....though I never considered that I had my "head up my ass". I also don't consider liberalman or sjp as being true representatives of "Liberals" in Canada.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well...... considering in my 51 years I have voted consistently Liberal that entire time, I can only think of 2 or 3 times where I voted otherwise, I guess I am also a "devout Liberal".....though I never considered that I had my "head up my ass". I also don't consider liberalman or sjp as being true representatives of "Liberals" in Canada.

Thank God :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Thank God :smile:

But I know full well, that since i support the RCC and am Pro-life that sjp will call me a lier and state that I HAVE to be a rightwing conservative. Even though the best I could do was less than 10 posts on freedominion before being banned for life....lol

anti abortion/pro war conservative supporters don't like being called hypocrites.:p

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
But I know full well, that since i support the RCC and am Pro-life that sjp will call me a lier and state that I HAVE to be a rightwing conservative. Even though the best I could do was less than 10 posts on freedominion before being banned for life....lol

anti abortion/pro war conservative supporters don't like being called hypocrites.:p

If he has a tenth of the brains he thinks he has he could write a dictionary and be a millionaire..........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Who the **** is 'they' Lib? There is no 'they' when discussing religion. Do you mean Mormons, Baptists, JW's, Muslims, Jews...? Who the **** are you asserting is against music?

Let me see my OP was influence of Rock and Roll on religion "they" means religion.

Clear enough for you Karrie?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I've had about enough of the constant meal of 'bash the religious' this forum doles out, and the hypocritical attitude of the 'friends' (oh, sorry, not your friends if you don't let them tell you how wrong you are) that are feeding it.

Considering that there are hundreds of different Christian religions bashing or who's religion is better would be the norm.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
More religious trolling. Nice. Like the forum hasn't had enough of that lately.

Pull your head out of your ass Liberalman.

I guess "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Religious people have generated numerous threads advocating their beliefs and I guess when you do that you are setting yourself up for bashing. I try not to get too involved with it generally but when someone expects me to believe Jonah survived three days and nights inside a whale I tend to call bullsh*t. I'm totally comfortable with people believing he did as long as they don't try to "sell it" to me. Bottom line is religion should be a personal issue.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Let me see my OP was influence of Rock and Roll on religion "they" means religion.

Clear enough for you Karrie?

No, not clear enough. Which religions have taken an official stance against Rock and Roll? Show me some links, some proof, because while I've seen some individual religious people take such stances, I don't know of many religions that actually do. You're trying to lump all religions into one, and it doesn't work. Clear enough for you now that I've pulled the venom out of it?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I guess "what's good for the goose is good for the gander". Religious people have generated numerous threads....

Hey... I said 'religious trolling', not anti religious. It's been flying from both sides and I've attacked both sides over it. There is no goose and no gander here, just a bunch of **** flinging monkeys it seems.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hey... I said 'religious trolling', not anti religious. It's been flying from both sides and I've attacked both sides over it. There is no goose and no gander here, just a bunch of **** flinging monkeys it seems.

Can't argue with that, Karrie but I suppose (under the Charter :lol::lol::lol::lol:) sh*t flinging monkeys are even afforded freedom of speech........................but yeah, it can get aggravating.