None is more merciful than God Most Gracious

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful

How can any intelligent man think God is not Merciful; don't he see that God's mercy and kindness includes His enemy even (temporarily in this Worldly life).

God's mercy and grace in this World includes both the believer and the disbelieve; but in the afterlife it will be exclusive for believers only.

In this World, both the believer and the disbeliever have health, children, houses, cars and happiness: this is generally speaking.

Doesn't the disbeliever (the atheist and the idolater) see that he has eyes, ears and perception of happiness and pleasure; but in fact the disbeliever is ungrateful and denies the bounties bestowed on him by his Lord Who created him and provided him with his daily provision and a large number uncountable bounties and blessings.

(In the name of God, Most Gracious Most Merciful)
This, between brackets, is the explanation of the first aya of every soora (or chapter) of the 114 sooras of the Quran excepting the soora no. 9

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Its interpretation: I start the recitation in the name of God Who is Most Gracious so that He bestows His mercy to both the believer and the disbeliever in this World, and Who is Most Merciful exclusively to believers in the next afterlife.

In other words: His mercy and grace involves both believers and disbelievers in this World, but it does not involve disbelievers in the next afterlife, and will be confined only to believers in the next afterlife.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
I say this because the atheists, with their insisting, try to claim God is cruel and merciless; glory be to God Most Gracious and Most Kind.

This meaning is affirmed in the Quran in a lrage number of the ayat; and His mercy always is mentioned before His revenge on the wrong-doer; and that He is the Most Merciful Most Forgiving.

In a quick search that I have just made, I find
56 sites in the Quran where God is mentioned that He is Most Merciful, Most Forgiving.غفور رحيم
119 times He is Most Gracious Most Merciful. رحمان رحيم
56 times He is Most Gracious. رحمان
227 times He is mentioned in the Quran as Most Merciful. رحيم
7 times He is Most Kind. لطيف
11 times He is Most Compssionate. رؤوف
91 times He is Most Forgiving غفور
6 times He is All Forgiving غفار

In addition to a large number of the ayat where God's mercy and grace is mentioned by meaning not as idiom.

Like this aya 28: 73
وَمِن رَّحْمَتِهِ جَعَلَ لَكُمُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ لِتَسْكُنُوا فِيهِ وَلِتَبْتَغُوا مِن فَضْلِهِ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
The explanation:
(It is some of His mercy toward you [people] that He has made the night and day [succeeding each other]; that you may rest by [the night], and seek after His bounty by [the day], and that you may be grateful [to God.])

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink.

How many more times do I have to say it before it is so?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Immam EA His mercy and grace involves both believers and disbelievers in this World, but it does not involve disbelievers in the next afterlife, and will be confined only to believers in the next afterlife.

Standard disclaimer and limited warranty isn't it? If I haven't kept up my insurance payments I can hardly expect a positive settlement can I? I'm infrequently bothered by the conventional meanings of the term believer because my special relationship with god has afforded me great latitude in the material I am permitted to entertain. It is impossible not to believe while you live and if you think you don't believe, you are dead already. A natural unconscious believer is rarely troubled by doubts traded in the mundane god markets of the world. The natural believer in god enjoys an immunity to all doubts without any of the usual refined definitions of the undefinable omnipotent power of the one offered by scoundrels and charlatans.
Any good man is by definition a believer and naturally follows the laws, this is exactly what determines righteousness in gods eyes and he has caused that to be written many times. But we take the book and the scratched runes as holy instead of the direct knowledge. We will never gain admission unless we do the good works, memorization of the tracts and toting the tome under ones arm won't fool god, she's quicker than that I bet.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink. The sky is pink.

How many more times do I have to say it before it is so?

You are not God-fearing; don't you afraid He makes your sight pink: i.e. He may make the sky appear pink before your eyes in reality and He is Most Able and All-Mighty.

Although I like people be guided not punished.

Don't you see He gives you respite in spite of your disbelief, and He is Most Clement: does not hasten to punish them but only give them respite (and He is not in need of hastening: because they cannot escape His hand); therefore beware of God the Most Merciful, the All-Mighty.

Last edited:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Why would a merciful God create cancer?

This is part of His punishing the disbeliever and the associater and even the believer because of committing some disobedience.

When people are truly devoted to God alone and avoid the diobedienc, such diseases will disappear or they may be guided to its cure and remedy.

By God's will, I shall come after some couple of hours or so to discuss this. :smile:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
This is part of His punishing the disbeliever and the associater and even the believer because of committing some disobedience.

When people are truly devoted to God alone and avoid the diobedienc, such diseases will disappear or they may be guided to its cure and remedy.

By God's will, I shall come after some couple of hours or so to discuss this. :smile:

Oh really, so some child who develops terminal cancer somehow offended your god during their brief existence?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You are not God-fearing; don't you afraid He makes your sight pink: i.e. He may make the sky appear pink before your eyes in reality and He is Most Able and All-Mighty.

Don't you see He gives you respite in spite of your disbelief, and He is Mos Clement: does not hasten to punish them but only give them respite (and He is not in need of hastening: because they cannot escape His hand); therefore beware of God the Most Merciful, the All-Mighty.

Who determines of my level of belief as suitable for anyone else? I have my beliefs and that is all that matters to my God. One on one I speak with my God. One on one, I know my God. I know, as my comfort, it is nothing to be feared.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
So in that case god is rewarding the cancer instead of the cancer victim. He has no favorites among his creations. Will there be cancer and bunnies and goldfish and mosquitoes in heaven? There will certainly be cannabis and beer.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I hope to meet you all in heaven some glorious day. Of course you will all be living on the other side of the celestial tracks but I will drive amongst you in my RR waving and perhaps stopping for a chat with the heavenly rabble.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I hope to meet you all in heaven some glorious day. Of course you will all be living on the other side of the celestial tracks but I will drive amongst you in my RR waving and perhaps stopping for a chat with the heavenly rabble.

I hope you are wearing a tunic with a wreath of marijuana upon your head. :smile:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful

How can any intelligent man think God is not Merciful; don't he see that God's mercy and kindness includes His enemy even (temporarily in this Worldly life).

God's mercy and grace in this World includes both the believer and the disbelieve; but in the afterlife it will be exclusive for believers only.

In this World, both the believer and the disbeliever have health, children, houses, cars and happiness: this is generally speaking.

Doesn't the disbeliever (the atheist and the idolater) see that he has eyes, ears and perception of happiness and pleasure; but in fact the disbeliever is ungrateful and denies the bounties bestowed on him by his Lord Who created him and provided him with his daily provision and a large number uncountable bounties and blessings.

Well since you're talking about atheists or those who don't believe a God exists, which I fall into that category, I feel there's justification in getting involved in this debate, so you can get a perspective on one of the many "views" we have:

"God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful"??

Considering I won't send you to hell to suffer in eternity if you don't believe I, Praxius, exist.... I would think that'd make more more merciful then some self-conscious God.

Even if I could send people to hell, or send people to suffer horribly, I wouldn't.... especially over something as trivial as you believing I exist or not.

The real point that seems to be continually lost to those who follow religion is that just because they claim God exists and there is proof that he gave us all of this stuff without providing that proof.... doesn't make what they state as fact..... and the doubters of the world require facts and evidence in order to believe something.

One of the main reasons why these people require facts and evidence is because many over the years have put their faith into something or someone without evidence, only to get screwed over in the end, thus those people learned to play it safe to protect them and their loved ones from con-artists, be that in business/real life.... or in some God and his followers.

The simple fact that many humans in the world invent things, share things and help people for the sake of bettering mankind as a whole, regardless of their personal beliefs in whatever religion, proves they're more merciful and kind then some self-absorbent / self-centred God.

I'm not trying to purposely insult your faith and everybody can believe what they will, I'm just expressing how it looks to me.

As an example: Let's say I exist, and I create a wonderful piece of art that everybody loves, enjoys and is worth a lot.... I am not about to claim I'm more important then the work I created, because without the art that I created, I would be nothing and nobody would know who I am..... and I wouldn't punish people for liking my art more then they like me..... my own creation would be satisfaction enough.

And if my art was total crap, filled with faults and nobody liked it, I would have nobody else to blame but myself..... thus, as I see it, if there's a pile of humans on this planet who don't think the God that created them exists, or all around hate him.... he created us with these faults, thus he has nobody else to blame but himself for how we are, which means for him to punish us for his own mistakes shows a God that is not only not merciful, but filled with greater faults then what we have in ourselves.

And if you're greatly offended or taken aback by what I have said, fearing God will somehow punish me for speaking the truth of what I believe towards him, or you fear he'll punish you for allowing me to say what I have said..... then that just proves my point about God..... and if he does exist and does the above, then I'd rather rot in hell then to serve under such a self-centred hypocrite.

Just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Don't you see He gives you respite in spite of your disbelief, and He is Most Clement: does not hasten to punish them but only give them respite (and He is not in need of hastening: because they cannot escape His hand); therefore beware of God the Most Merciful, the All-Mighty.

None of that makes any sense.

If God is the most Merciful and all-mighty.... why would we have to "fear" him... If he's Merciful?

Hell, our own criminal justice system is more merciful on criminals then God is on the average human, since half the murderer's out there get let go after a couple of months having room/board and free food given to them for their crimes.

If he was all Merciful, he wouldn't have to punish anybody.

You die.... you see God.... he says "I told you so".... you can't really refute his existence then, you now believe..... thus if he was all merciful, that'd be enough and he'd let you go on your way to heaven.

Yet he has to punish people...... because he's "Most Merciful???" :-?

God has a funny view on what "Mercy" means.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

And yet, here you are "Associating" with us disbelievers.

I have yet to see that ever happen. "True" followers of God get the same cancers and viruses as the next human.... and when they do and they eventually die.... we're then told "That's God's Plan/Will."

It's kind of interesting that no matter what situation that exists.... the "Believers" somehow still win and are still right, even when they're wrong and they lost to the same complications as the non-believers.