Is Hell knowing life has no ending?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Going to Heaven is one thing, but what about if there is no end to it? What happens when we die and become enternal and lets say, at the 300 year mark in the afterlife, you want an ending but there is none? Is that not Hell?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
We are on an everlasting freeway of God's clutches. In Heaven and/or Earth what happens when you want to die and there is just more life? I guess you would have to ask God to end it at his mercy... What if he keeps sentencing us all to more life over and over forever. You would beg God for forgiveness of being born into everlasting life.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I have to agree with Wolf. You're getting way too far ahead of yourself. Why would Heaven be too much for you after 300 years or 500 years? If you thought you could stay here on earth, in good health, be happy, not need any money - no material needs at all, be in a place with no wars, no disputes etc. etc. wouldn't you want to hang around forever?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
I have to agree with Wolf. You're getting way too far ahead of yourself. Why would Heaven be too much for you after 300 years or 500 years? If you thought you could stay here on earth, in good health, be happy, not need any money - no material needs at all, be in a place with no wars, no disputes etc. etc. wouldn't you want to hang around forever?

If that were the case you would have an everlasting afterlife of boredom. Which after 500 years yoiu would want to "feel" again. You would scream to bleed just to feel human again and you would not want to be a perfect angel anymore because we are human after all and humans like to feel emotions. Right?

So, Why would you want to be a reprogrammed human when we can only be human and not perfect souls? If we had to loose our human likeness, God forbid!

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
I don't want to scare anybody, but we have a major problem here. The Bible teaches us how to basically cope with God, because he is going to keep you forever in his world without end. That is why we have a Bible. We all know it going to be a long road into enternal life and we must know how to handle it. The problem is as human as we are, we are in fact only human and humans may or may not be designed to handle everlasting life, which can mean hell for an individual if he or she cannot cope in this everlasting lifestyle, right?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't want to scare anybody, but we have a major problem here. The Bible teaches us how to basically cope with God, because he is going to keep you forever in his world without end. That is why we have a Bible. We all know it going to be a long road into enternal life and we must know how to handle it. The problem is as human as we are, we are in fact only human and humans may or may not be designed to handle everlasting life, which can mean hell for an individual if he or she cannot cope in this everlasting lifestyle, right?
First off, the authenticity of the bible is in question, so much of the "information" is probably worthless. Heaven and hell are concepts in the human mind and you would be hard pressed to find two people who agree on what they are actually like. With so many views and the fact that no one has come back to verify the existence of either, worrying about what will happen to you after death seems rather silly.

Then there is god. There are thousands of views and beliefs about what god is or isn't, whether it exists or not, so again, rather silly to speculate whether or not you will find favour with such an allusive entity. There are a lot of ways to view eternity also and what you might be doing or not doing forever after.

The one thing humans are pretty good at is being creative with what they do during their lives (although some people are intensely bored or boring) so I'm sure that if you get bored in the afterlife, you will think of something to alleviate that boredom. Perhaps you might even push over an outhouse or two to entertain yourself.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
First off, the authenticity of the bible is in question, so much of the "information" is probably worthless. Heaven and hell are concepts in the human mind and you would be hard pressed to find two people who agree on what they are actually like. With so many views and the fact that no one has come back to verify the existence of either, worrying about what will happen to you after death seems rather silly.

I must say that after thousands of years with keeping the Bible and Church, we do it for a reason. And that reason we have them is to let all be warned of our everlasting doom, or pleasure if you will.

Call it a freak of nature that we have everlasting life, but for one thing we have all been warned of it for gernerations to come, starting thousands of years ago, that God is to blame for our endless lives. The question is, is it hell knowing this?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California

Coincidence!!! It was this YouTube video I saw about 5 hours ago of George Carlin that got me thinking about the problem of everlasting life. I love the part where he says, "But he loves you.." LOL

Wierd.

Anyhow, were doomed forever with an afterlife, whether we include God in it or not. At least we have him as a coach or as warning messenger of what we have to go through.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Now, seriously. With infinate amount of years we have to endure in our lives, my only approach to an ending is to be one with nature. As in becoming so old, mother nature absorbes you into her evironment, as in the wind, or sky or maybe just a maple leaf floating by.

The problem is it could take thousands of living years to accomplish. So, in the mean time what on earth do we do?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
That' okay. It's only the first eighty or so that matter. After that, dementia sets in and each day is a new one.

I'm not sure how old you are so maybe we need to ask an elder, but when old age sets in including dementia, do you not dream more and more the older you get? Untill, you are basically sleep-walking?

And it is not proven, but in your dreams when you sleep, are you not in heaven?

And if your dreams when you sleep is a preview into heaven... Sweet dreams eh?

I don't know how well one mans dreams are to the next but if this is the case and we live an eternal dream when we die, I hope all goes well. Or, at least I hope we get to wake up from heaven if it doesn't go well, and get to go back to work the next morning up there.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not sure how old you are so maybe we need to ask an elder, but when old age sets in including dementia, do you not dream more and more the older you get? Untill, you are basically sleep-walking?

And it is not proven, but in your dreams when you sleep, are you not in heaven?

And if your dreams when you sleep is a preview into heaven... Sweet dreams eh?

I don't know how well one mans dreams are to the next but if this is the case and we live an eternal dream when we die, I hope all goes well. Or, at least I hope we get to wake up from heaven if it doesn't go well, and get to go back to work the next morning up there.
Buddhists believe that this life is a dream and that what we call dreaming is what is real. The Aborigines of Australia put more emphasis on the Dream Time than on waking life. If you want to think of another way, we are living in the Matrix - a computer construct based on the programming of our minds from the moment we are born (our brains are, after all, just computers).

Hell is watching the news every day and heaven is growing a garden.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Buddhists believe that this life is a dream and that what we call dreaming is what is real. The Aborigines of Australia put more emphasis on the Dream Time than on waking life. If you want to think of another way, we are living in the Matrix - a computer construct based on the programming of our minds from the moment we are born (our brains are, after all, just computers).

Hell is watching the news every day and heaven is growing a garden.

Well that's interesting Cliffy. If heaven is growing a garden, and a seed must completely die before it starts blooming... I think we are in a heavenly surprise.