The devotion to God alone

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The devotion to God alone

We are between two wrong extremes:

>> atheism on one hand,
>> and on the other hand the false religion of associating the patron Jesus, saints, Jewish sages, Muslim imams and the idols of idolaters together with God Almighty.

· Atheists and disbelievers always say the religion is so and so and it is bad, it is only backwardedness, myths …etc.

Certainly, not every religion is true and correct: what a great difference is between the idolatry: worshipping stones and statues on one hand, and between the devotion to God alone without associate or equal.

Therefore, this is their trick: they mix the bad religion of worshipping stones with the true religion of worshipping God alone; then they with the same design say:

all these deities: God :) Allah, Yahweh), Astroth, Baal, Tur and all other gods are the same; because they are deities worshipped by people in the past and at the present.

But what a great difference is between God the Creator of the entire universe and the Lord of all nations, and between such idols as Astaroth or Tur and other stony statues and idols.

Now, I think they cannot cheat people by such tricks; people now are educated and can distinguish the truth from falsehood.

In addition, it is not every man will be guided in spite of that he may know the truth: he may be disgusted or may dislike it for many reasons, or may be proud over following the truth of the Quran and that Prophet Mohammed was the truthful apostle that conveyed the message without alteration as did he hear it from the angel.

· On the other extreme:
People should not hold fast with Jewish sages, Christian saints, and Muslim imams apart from God; neither should they sanctify their graves and shrines;

Because the saints and imams died and passed away, and their spiritual souls transferred to heaven, and went to the neighborhood of their Lord.

And none of them remained on the earth [because they were righteous and devoted to God alone, so they went to Paradise in Heaven following their death] and nothing is in their graves other than their rotten and decayed bodies.

God – be glorified – said in the Quran 32: 4

اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَابَيْنَهُمَا فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى عَلَى الْعَرْشِ مَا لَكُم مِّندُونِهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا شَفِيعٍ ..الخ

The explanation:
(It is God Who created the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth] and what [moons and meteorites] between them in six [of the] days [of the Hereafter.] Then He mounted the throne.
You have not, apart from Him, any patron nor any intercessor …etc.)

It means: Don't choose for yourselves, patrons, from among creatures, that you sanctify and worship besides God; eventhough they are Jesus or other prophets or angels of high rank; or you choose them as your intercessors with God;

Because, on Judgment Day, the intercession as a whole belongs to God, and no being can intercede for behalf of any other being -- unless God Himself gives them permission to do so: to save anyone from the punishment.

Moreover, the intercessor cannot intercede for the behalf of anyone whom he likes: no, the intercession is restricted for monotheists: the devoted to God alone, and not for atheists, associaters and idolaters.

quran-ayat.com/an_hour_with_ghosts.htm#The_Devotion_Should_Exclusively_Be_to_God_and_the_Intercession_Is_Up_to_Him

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
eanassi, how can you bring the name of God into discussion when you obviously support those who would like to see nothing more than the total extermination of those who disagree with them?

Like Muslims!

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
These are merely some words that you say, which cannot change the truth that the Quran is the most recent heavenly book revealed from God, and is to be followed.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
These are merely some words that you say, which cannot change the truth that the Quran is the most recent heavenly book revealed from God, and is to be followed.

These are merely some words that you say, which cannot change the truth that the Quran is the least recent heavenly book not revealed from a god, and is to be ignored.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
No, you are dead wrong.

The most recent Book of God was brought down to Joseph Smith.

A far more credible recipient than the terrorist, bigamist, illterate child-abuser you believe in.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
These are merely some words that you say, which cannot change the truth that the Quran is the least recent heavenly book not revealed from a god, and is to be ignored.

I tell you the word of God in the Quran, and so some will reject it, and others may accept it.

As in the Quran 14: 15
وَاسْتَفْتَحُواْ وَخَابَ كُلُّ جَبَّارٍ عَنِيدٍ ...الخ
The explanation:
(Then they [: the apostles] sought [from God] victory, and frustrated was every stubborn tyrant.

Hell will be after it; and he will be given to drink incapacitating water.

The which he will gulp but can hardly swallow, and [the means of] death will come to him from every side, but yet he will not die [because he is a spiritual soul, and after [this torment] there will be a rigorous torment.)

http://quran-ayat.com/

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
No, you are dead wrong.

The most recent Book of God was brought down to Joseph Smith.

A far more credible recipient than the terrorist, bigamist, illterate child-abuser you believe in.

You have to face the truth about this Joseph Smith:

He was deluded by Satan, and guided his followers to be enthusiastic about Jesus and associate him with God Almighty in the worship and glorification. So this is the best proof that this man was misguided and confused.

And I should tell you clearly that anyone follows this man will lose in the next afterlife.

In stead of this, people should follow the Glorious Quran that came to confirm the Ten Commandments and believe in all the apostles and prophets of God.

http://mlivo.com/translations/Arberry.htm
mlivo.com/translations/Arberry.htm

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
belief in anything when you sit on your hands and do nothing is uselless.
I rather an Athiest that does his best to make the world a better place.
Preaching doesn't make the world a better place.
If God does exist, he or it would favour better the action of a man than what he or she believes in.

Reactions: AnnaG

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
If God does exist, he or it would favour better the action of a man than what he or she believes in.

Belief alone is not enough; it should be accompanied by righteous work which should be devoted to God alone.

This righteous work is not confined to prayer and fasting; but it is any work intended to be done for God's sake: like helping the weak and giving alms to the poor and obeying the parents and be kind to the neighbors and avoiding any transgression on others ...etc.

So the God-fearing which is the important thing: that man should do all kinds of good work and avoid the disobedience of God's Commandments.

This will determine his success or failure in the next afterlife: this God-fearing.

Because when man will come with great sins: like killing and stealing ...etc; then he cannot say In my Worldly life I was a believer.

This is in the Quran 4: 131
وَللّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ وَلَقَدْ وَصَّيْنَا الَّذِينَ أُوتُواْ الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَإِيَّاكُمْ أَنِ اتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَإِن تَكْفُرُواْ فَإِنَّ لِلّهِ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ وَكَانَ اللّهُ غَنِيًّا حَمِيدًا
The explanation:
(Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth belongs to God;

We recommended those [Jews and Christians] given the Scripture [the Torah and the Gospel] before you as [have We recommended] you [in the Quran] that "you should ward off [God's punishment, and give the Zakat-alms to the poor];

but if you are ungrateful [to God's favor and become niggardly], surely, all that is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to God; surely, God is ever All-Sufficient, All-Laudable.)

quran-ayat.com/

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
To do for God's sake?????

No
That would be doing anything for the wrong purpose. Like in any relationship if you keep doing anything for anyone else but for yourself then things go bad. By 'yourself' I mean doing it because you want to do it not to attain any favors.
Religion is flawed in it's essence .

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island

Well put!

"One can tell a an apple by its taste, a flower by its scent, and a good man (One whom the gods favour) by what he does"
- A wiser man than I

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I respect 'anyone's'choice to believe in 'whatever' they
decide, doesn't matter to me what it is,) as long as they
do not harm others), and I also
respect all of those who don't believe in any religion,
or any gods, which includes myself.

It is narrow minded of believers to pick and choose what
faiths people choose to believe, 'all should be respected
as a free choice of whomever chooses them.
And believers should also respect and accept all non believers, as people who have freely made that choice,
and if such was the case, all believers, (errespective
of choice) would get along, and atheists would be more
respective to believers, because they wouldn't be trashed
for 'not' believing in god.

No one should be told they 'should' follow anything, that
is the choice of the individual.

If people choose to debate the issues, that is fine, debate
is good for those who enjoy such sport, but in the end
each will still freely support their own belief/non belief,
and part company as friends.

Hope the above doesn't seem too boring and sensible.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I respect 'anyone's'choice to believe in 'whatever' they
decide, doesn't matter to me what it is,) as long as they
do not harm others), and I also
respect all of those who don't believe in any religion,
or any gods, which includes myself.

It is narrow minded of believers to pick and choose what
faiths people choose to believe, 'all should be respected
as a free choice of whomever chooses them.
And believers should also respect and accept all non believers, as people who have freely made that choice,
and if such was the case, all believers, (errespective
of choice) would get along, and atheists would be more
respective to believers, because they wouldn't be trashed
for 'not' believing in god.

No one should be told they 'should' follow anything, that
is the choice of the individual.

If people choose to debate the issues, that is fine, debate
is good for those who enjoy such sport, but in the end
each will still freely support their own belief/non belief,
and part company as friends.

Hope the above doesn't seem too boring and sensible.
Too late :smile::smile:
J/K ;-)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
eanassir,
Would you do your good works for a Jew or Christian or just for Muslims? What about a Buddhist or a Baha'i? Would you give alms to a Mormon or feed a Jane? If not, then you would be a hypocrite.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
To do for God's sake?????

No
That would be doing anything for the wrong purpose. Like in any relationship if you keep doing anything for anyone else but for yourself then things go bad. By 'yourself' I mean doing it because you want to do it not to attain any favors.
Religion is flawed in it's essence .

Some people do some good work only to show before other people: that they are good: this is the hypocrisy.

Some people claim doing good because they want to do it not to attain any favor; although I doubt it; it is only words by their tongues (this is not concerning you personally or anyone else or myself: I speak generally.)

A communist once spoke about the workers and their sufferings, but when a beggar came, he rebuked him and drove him away! And then I rebuked this communist, and said to him: if you want to give the poor, then give them what you can for God's sake, and if not, then at least say some good words, but not hurt their feelings.

So if they had done every good, and they had been concerned about doing good because of their kind hearts, then God would have guided them.

And if they do such good work only for its being good, and they don't show that before people: then it is better to do it for the sake of God to have the reward; or else no reward will be given to them in the afterlife and in this World also.

Moreover, if the good work is done not for God's sake alone but for the Christ or saints or prophets or imams, then such work will not be accepted.

This is in the Quran
107: 1-3
أَرَأَيْتَ الَّذِي يُكَذِّبُ بِالدِّينِ . فَذَلِكَ الَّذِي يَدُعُّ الْيَتِيمَ . وَلَا يَحُضُّ عَلَى طَعَامِ الْمِسْكِينِ
The explanation:
(Have you considered him who denies 'the punishment and the reward' [in the afterlife.]

It is he who thrusts the orphan [away from his rights.]

And never urges [people] to feed the needy.)

I here mention another man: a disbeliever at the time of Prophet Mohammed, he said: I have expend a large sum of money; therefore, if there is Paradise and Hell, then certainly I will go to Paradise; but in fact he expende the money on his woman (not his wife).
This is in the Quran
90: 5-20

أَيَحْسَبُ أَن لَّن يَقْدِرَ عَلَيْهِ أَحَدٌ . يَقُولُ أَهْلَكْتُ مَالًا لُّبَدًا . أَيَحْسَبُ أَن لَّمْ يَرَهُ أَحَدٌ . أَلَمْ نَجْعَل لَّهُ عَيْنَيْنِ . وَلِسَانًا وَشَفَتَيْنِ . وَهَدَيْنَاهُ النَّجْدَيْنِ . فَلَا اقْتَحَمَ الْعَقَبَةَ . وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْعَقَبَةُ . فَكُّ رَقَبَةٍ . أَوْ إِطْعَامٌ فِي يَوْمٍ ذِي مَسْغَبَةٍ . يَتِيمًا ذَا مَقْرَبَةٍ . أَوْ مِسْكِينًا ذَا مَتْرَبَةٍ . ثُمَّ كَانَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْمَرْحَمَةِ . أُوْلَئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْمَيْمَنَةِ . وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِنَا هُمْ أَصْحَابُ الْمَشْأَمَةِ . عَلَيْهِمْ نَارٌ مُّؤْصَدَةٌ
The explanation:
(Does he think none is more powerful than he is? [Are not the angels more powerful?]

Saying [to his people]: "I have expended abundant wealth [in charity.]"

Does he think none [of Our angels who record the words and work of people] has seen him [when he expended that wealth on his beloved woman, but not for the poor?]

Have We not appointed to him two eyes,

And a tongue, and two lips,

And acquainted him about the two ways [of the truth and the falsehood]?

But he cannot assault the steep [in order to enter into Paradise.]

But do you know what [work, makes him worthy of assaulting] the steep?

[It is] to free a slave or a captive.

Or to feed in the time of starvation:

An orphan of the relatives.

Or a poor man who sits in the dust [from poverty.]

In addition to be one of those who believe and advise each other to be steadfast, and advise each other to be merciful.

Such will have 'success and happiness' [in Paradise.]

But those who disbelieve in Our revelations will receive [after their death] the bad omen [of the chastisement.]

A fire will be closed over them.)

quran-ayat.com/

quran-ayat.com/

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Some people do some good work only to show before other people: that they are good: this is the hypocrisy.

Some people claim doing good because they want to do it not to attain any favor; although I doubt it; it is only words by their tongues (this is not concerning you personally or anyone else or myself: I speak generally.)

So, Eanassir, if you are doing good work for your god's sake you are a hypocrite, by your own words. Yet, you doubt that anyone can sincerely do good deeds altruistically, whereby I must conclude that you do not do good deeds altruistically.

So either you never do good deeds, or you are a hypocrite.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, Eanassir, if you are doing good work for your god's sake you are a hypocrite, by your own words. Yet, you doubt that anyone can sincerely do good deeds altruistically, whereby I must conclude that you do not do good deeds altruistically.

Only an atheist can do good deeds altruistically as he has no god or reward to look forward to.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007

I have understood that you speak about science; that's ok ; but Niflmir, speak clearly because I couldn't find the word "altruistically" in the dictionary.