Merry Christmas

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Hey, if people can start decorating their houses for Christmas, we can start decorating the forum too no? :p
KarrieI think my favorite Christmas carol is Silent Night - I say I think because a few other are also quite beautiful. Silent Night sung in German is special to me as it reminds me of many Christmas's spent at my friends and their parents house when I was stationed in Lahr - The Black Forest - Schwartz Wald - Wonderful people and I made many friends. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
KarrieI think my favorite Christmas carol is Silent Night - I say I think because a few other are also quite beautiful. Silent Night sung in German is special to me as it reminds me of many Christmas's spent at my friends and their parents house when I was stationed in Lahr - The Black Forest - Schwartz Wald - Wonderful people and I made many friends. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest

It's one of my favourites as well Goober.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
To be honest, I was going to completely discard this thread* but I saw the first video was from Nana Mouskouri.

*because it's way to early and the first advent doesn't come until next Sunday.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
To be honest, I was going to completely discard this thread* but I saw the first video was from Nana Mouskouri.

Andem

It is never to early to celebrate the meaning - being thankful for what you have and helping those that you can - That is the season part I carry thru the year - Yes I am one of those foolish ones as I start humming and singing Christmas Carols in September - It is a wonderful season that people set aside and forget to quickly -

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Uhm... so... when can we expect our forum Christmas tree back?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Thank you - sounds to me that it should appear shortly. After the start of Advent perhaps??
Well Goober, now that I've listened to nearly all the songs you provided (Silent Night is my favourite too), I'm in a real Christmas mood. All the Christmas candy is out in the store, the Christmas trees are mostly up and people are out buying gifts. Bring it on ANDEM!!! Tis the Season. :lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well Goober, now that I've listened to nearly all the songs you provided (Silent Night is my favourite too), I'm in a real Christmas mood. All the Christmas candy is out in the store, the Christmas trees are mostly up and people are out buying gifts. Bring it on ANDEM!!! Tis the Season. :lol:

VI

Many people are unaware of the origins of the Christmas Carol. Read the link.

The story behind the Christmas carol Silent Night

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Merry Christmas & Chanukkah!

:smile: