Essential features of the apostle of God

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Essential features of the apostle of God
These are generally speaking, and there are some exceptions and moderation.

First of all he is an ordinary man like other people: eats, drinks, makes sexual intercourse with his wife, relieves the nature, becomes ill and then is cured, and works to obtain his livelihood; just like all other people.

He should be kind-hearted and merciful especially to the weak, orphans and widows so God selects him for the apostle-hood.

He inclines to forgive and pardon others, and is not rancorous so that he will intercede for them on Judgment Day.

He forbears patiently the difficulties and hard situations.

He is intelligent and wise.

Intact physically, but may have some minor defects like the difficulty of speaking the proud will be proud over him, and the modest believer will follow him.

Almost he is orphan and poor; e.g. Moses and Mohammed were orphans; and Jesus was created without father.

Almost he is mature about 40 years when he is sent.

Is made and grown according to God's will and decree, and God takes care about him and guards him: to carry out the mission.

He is one of his people: loves his people and is zealous to them and likes to benefit them.
He is known among his people with his good reputation, righteousness and truthfulness.
He is patriot.
Speaks the same language of his people and knows their social difficulties and requirements.
He is sad for the problems of his people and sincerely desires to reform them.

This is in the Quran 9: 128
لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ ..الخ

The explanation:
(Now there has come to you [O Arab] an [Arabian] apostle [: Mohammed]: being one of you [: who speaks your language and is one of your senators or chiefs];
your suffering is so difficult to him;
anxious is he over you[r belief];
and to believers he is compassionate [and] merciful.

So if they turn away [from you, Mohammed, and believe not], say: "God suffices me; there is [in the universe] no god but He; in Him I have put my trust [to preach the religion]; He is the Lord of the Great Throne.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His mission is essentially to invite people to devote themselves to God alone, and not to any other purpose.

His mission is to give the glad tidings of Paradise for the monotheist, and to warn of Hell fire for the idolater and those associating other beings or things with God.

http://www.quran-ayat.com

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Apparently only men can be apostles of god. Does god not talk to women?​

They say that there was a she-prophet according to the Torah (included in the OT); it may be related to definition of the word "prophet": I don't know.

In the Quran, nothing said about any woman that was sent as an apostle.

• But God revealed to the mother of Moses: as He or like that He revealed to prophets, and she was a true believer and obeye the command of God to cast her baby in the river Nile (putting him in a basket painted with pitch, and she was affirmed to conceal that he was her son.)
This is in the Quran 28: 7
وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَى أُمِّ مُوسَى أَنْ أَرْضِعِيهِ فَإِذَا خِفْتِ عَلَيْهِ فَأَلْقِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ وَلَا تَخَافِي وَلَا تَحْزَنِي إِنَّا رَادُّوهُ إِلَيْكِ وَجَاعِلُوهُ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ
The explanation:
(And We revealed to the mother of Moses [saying:]

"Suckle him and, when you fear for him, then cast him into the river [Nile], and fear not nor grieve;

[for surely] We shall [soon] restore him to you, and shall [in the future] make him [one] of [Our] messengers.")

• And Mary: Jesus mother, she received the revelation: that she will bear the Christ, and she was a true believer in the Ten Words of her Lord. The angels talk to her by inspiration and Gabriel appeared before her and spoke to her about her bearing of Jesus.
Almost the apostle was a man; because he is sent to people and almost such people are obstinate and stubborn; moreover the apostle has special attributes like his leadership personality and mostly he is one of the house of their chiefs or the house of their religious leaders: so they might listen to his words.

And as you know, the teenager (or ? man in general) will centre on the body centre of the second person, specially if the second person is a woman :lol:

Last edited:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The true God certainly does. But apparently not Allah. I smell a false God.

The smell of your pistol be in your nose!

This proves you are not God-fearing; I tell you how this is:

If God, Allah and Yahweh are synonyms of the Creator in English, Arabic and Hebrew; while God is neither English nor Arab nor Hebrew: because He is the Lord of all nations and created them all; then what will your apology be before God and you tell Him: this is not your name?

So Allah or God or Yahweh is not false, but the false is your enthusiasm.

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Silly question. Women aren't humans. We are possessions.

Both men and women are possessions of God the Lord of all nations.

The important thing, whether you are a woman or man: are you going to suceed or to lose?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Both men and women are possessions of God the Lord of all nations.

The important thing, whether you are a woman or man: are you going to suceed or to lose?
According to some religions (the ones men developed, of course), women are men's possessions, though. According to your holey texts, both are what you say.
I am no-one's possession except mine, according to me. Gods show no interest in me, so they are definitely of no import to me.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Allah is the Arabic word for god (an English word), the same god as the bible and Abraham, Jews and Christians alike. Sometimes you can be pretty dense.;-)

Not quite. Allah may be Arab word for God, but I think it was co-opted into the Arabic; Allah predates Islam, Mohammad and Koran.

Allah was originally a Hindu Goddess. There is an Upanishad called Allopanishad (Upanishads are part of Hindu Scripture). Later the Goddess traveled to the Middle East. At the time of Mohammed, people in the Middle East used to worship many Gods, including Allah.

Mohammed decreed that all Gods except Allah are false Gods, and people must worship only Allah. Allah did not originate with Islam; it was an already existent God which was co-opted into Islam.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not quite. Allah may be Arab word for God, but I think it was co-opted into the Arabic; Allah predates Islam, Mohammad and Koran.

Allah was originally a Hindu Goddess. There is an Upanishad called Allopanishad (Upanishads are part of Hindu Scripture). Later the Goddess traveled to the Middle East. At the time of Mohammed, people in the Middle East used to worship many Gods, including Allah.

Mohammed decreed that all Gods except Allah are false Gods, and people must worship only Allah. Allah did not originate with Islam; it was an already existent God which was co-opted into Islam.

Holy Crap! Allah is a chick! Muslims are going to freak out on that. Eanassir will be wetting his bed for months before he comes to grips with that revelation!:lol:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Holy Crap! Allah is a chick! Muslims are going to freak out on that. Eanassir will be wetting his bed for months before he comes to grips with that revelation!:lol:

Hinduism is the oldest religion around. All the other religions were derived to greater or lesser extent from Hinduism. Christians have borrowed freely from Hinduism as well.

Indeed, if you are going to start a new religion, why go to the trouble of inventing something out of whole cloth? That will be like reinventing the wheel. It is much easier, it makes much more sense to start with something that is already around and build a new religion based upon it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Actually Hinduism was replaced in 2006 as the oldest religion. Another clue that humans originated in Africa is that really ancient artifacts (like 70,000 year old items) have been discovered that indicate humans worshipped snakes a lot time before Hinduism came about. The Vedas were only written about 1500 BCE. Zoroastrianism seems to go back to the 13th or 14th century BCE.
It helps to check one's facts before shooting off mouth. ;)