Gay Rights And The Bible

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
LEVITICUS 20

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an cabomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Gay rights have come a long way since the bible days and since the majority of people don’t go to church the bible has become meaningless which means law definitions are changing to satisfy society needs.

The bible just doesn’t apply today because God is refusing to conform to society.

God believes that society must conform to the ways of the Bible because it is a recipe for peace and tranquility.

Over the years the bible has been translated to different languages and then it was modernized to reflect and answer today’s issues.

Through the modernization of the bible, meanings have changed, because of the change, gay rights have been able to flourish and with the destruction of the church gay rights will be the norm.

Today most people that live in poverty or are involved in a war where they might die soon seem to be the most religious.

People that live in rural areas are more religious because the church is usually the centre of the community and far away from the cities influences.

Once poverty and wars are eliminated and rural communities stop relying on the church then God will lose the ultimate power over society.

Since I believe in God and church I will be the last hold out and society will end up in chains and become slaves to their governments in the gay twenty-first century.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
LEVITICUS 20

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an cabomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Gay rights have come a long way since the bible days and since the majority of people don’t go to church the bible has become meaningless which means law definitions are changing to satisfy society needs.

The bible just doesn’t apply today because God is refusing to conform to society.

God believes that society must conform to the ways of the Bible because it is a recipe for peace and tranquility.

Over the years the bible has been translated to different languages and then it was modernized to reflect and answer today’s issues.

Through the modernization of the bible, meanings have changed, because of the change, gay rights have been able to flourish and with the destruction of the church gay rights will be the norm.

Today most people that live in poverty or are involved in a war where they might die soon seem to be the most religious.

People that live in rural areas are more religious because the church is usually the centre of the community and far away from the cities influences.

Once poverty and wars are eliminated and rural communities stop relying on the church then God will lose the ultimate power over society.

Since I believe in God and church I will be the last hold out and society will end up in chains and become slaves to their governments in the gay twenty-first century.

One problem I see is there are contradictions in the Bible -"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an cabomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them"- could be countered with "hate the sin but love the sinner"- also a passage from the Bible

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you love the sinner then you accept the sin

I disagree- We are probably all sinners to some degree- are we all to be rejected? Maybe the Bible should be regarded as a rule book for people in one area of the world at the time it was written. If you want to regard the Bible as, as valid today as it was two thousand years ago, that flies in complete contradiction of the natural law, that more of less states that we have to ADAPT to fit the environment (and I would take the environment to include physical, social, economic etc.)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Probably sinners????

When that Law was given many generations lived under it, along with the stated consequences. After the cross the death penalty was removed and replaced by forgiveness through repentance, thought and not deed was also more important in defining who was a sinner. That didn't mean 'that Law' was removed from being an unacceptable within the confines of a certain group. Israel alone was under those guidelines until the cross. Christians and the 12 Tribes are still forbidden some social behaviors.

The passage below is about one form of adultery and the resulting action that should be taken by the Church. This can be also meant to mean any Christian is bound to follow through on the recommendation given. If you allow full membership to those who are knowingly in sin you are also in sin. Any thought that they will be punished and you won't be is a false hope.

1Co:5:9: I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
1Co:5:10: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
1Co:5:11:
But now I have written unto you not to keep company,
if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator,
or covetous,
or an idolater,
or a railer,
or a drunkard,
or an extortioner;
with such an one no not to eat.
1Co:5:12:
For what have I to do to judge them also that are without?
do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co:5:13:
But them that are without God judgeth.
Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Being forbidden to eat (socialize) with a sinner (in this case homesexuals) is not an overly harsh judgment. The previous 10 verses are also about the summary provided by these 3.

Those 'rules' are valid for as long as there is belief in the God of the Holy Bible, it does not matter when it was first made known.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
MHz

Are you saying that Jesus accepts the man that lies with mankind as with a woman and since man can to this and be saved through Jesus it is not considered a sin in the eyes of God?

So my post is valid

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction to ever reach a bookstore. Consider, it was part gossip and part legend until parts of it were penned - in several different languages. Then it was translated and revised and modernized - then interpreted by the reader

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
MHz

Are you saying that Jesus accepts the man that lies with mankind as with a woman and since man can to this and be saved through Jesus it is not considered a sin in the eyes of God?

So my post is valid
If you had read the whole chapter you wouldn't have any questions. If the members of the Church are instructed to withold 'protection' then it is not acceptable behavior. That being said their sin is covered by their death of the flesh so they are not held back from entering into the Kingdom of Heaven. Their path is just a bit more unpleasant.

1Co:5:1:
It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you,
and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles,
that one should have his father's wife.
1Co:5:2:
And ye are puffed up,
and have not rather mourned,
that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
1Co:5:3:
For I verily,
as absent in body,
but present in spirit,
have judged already,
as though I were present,
concerning him that hath so done this deed,
1Co:5:4:
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
when ye are gathered together,
and my spirit,
with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
1Co:5:5:
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh,
that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction to ever reach a bookstore. Consider, it was part gossip and part legend until parts of it were penned - in several different languages. Then it was translated and revised and modernized - then interpreted by the reader
I don't have any verses that say disbelief is any worse than adultery. Well that is unless you show disbelief after this is in your face. Rejection at this point would be quite foolish indeed.

Joh:6:39:
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me,
that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh:6:40:
And this is the will of him that sent me,
that every one which seeth the Son,
and believeth on him,
may have everlasting life:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Notice that it says that the rules apply only to those who believe in the god of the bible. You and I brother are incapable of sin! Doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart. I think I will just go out and get drunk and laid.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I don't have any verses that say disbelief is any worse than adultery. Well that is unless you show disbelief after this is in your face. Rejection at this point would be quite foolish indeed.

Rejection of what? Why don't you tell us what your chosen prose means ... because I'm sure a hundred different people will interpret a hundred different messages....

Beliefs I have. One of them is to think my own thoughts.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Joh:6:40:
And this is the will of him that sent me,
that every one which seeth the Son,
and believeth on him,
may have everlasting life:

Show me a single person living today who "seeth the Son" with his own eyes. What has this got to do with any living person? It doesn't! The book is two thousand years old and was only relevant then. Today it is a bunch of meaningless drivel that the insecure cling to in desperation like drowning people clinging to life preservers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Notice that it says that the rules apply only to those who believe in the god of the bible. You and I brother are incapable of sin! Doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart. I think I will just go out and get drunk and laid.

Now there's a plan, Cliff..................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Rejection of what?
This.."The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction to ever reach a bookstore."
I'm simply saying I hope for your sake that view is not carved in stone.
The how's and why's you arrived at this conclusion (as it stands today) are unimportant. If you die (and you know it) and somebody brings you back from that place (and you know it) I'm not sure holding onto the view you have today is the wisest path to take (at that time).

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Now there's a plan, Cliff..................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Not very original though. So is that a table for two in the 2/3's group? LOL

1Co:15:32:
If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus,
what advantageth it me,
if the dead rise not?
let us eat and drink;
for to morrow we die.

Isa:56:10:
His watchmen are blind:
they are all ignorant,
they are all dumb dogs,
they cannot bark;
sleeping,
lying down,
loving to slumber.
Isa:56:11:
Yea,
they are greedy dogs which can never have enough,
and they are shepherds that cannot understand:
they all look to their own way,
every one for his gain,
from his quarter.
Isa:56:12:
Come ye,
say they,
I will fetch wine,
and we will fill ourselves with strong drink;
and to morrow shall be as this day,
and much more abundant.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
This.."The Bible is one of the greatest works of fiction to ever reach a bookstore."
The how's and why's you arrived at this conclusion (as it stands today) are unimportant. If you die (and you know it) and somebody brings you back from that place (and you know it) I'm not sure holding onto the view you have today is the wisest path to take (at that time).

Would that include my Code Blue ... Sudbury Memorial Hospital, Cardiac Care, March 4 2004 ... when I came back BEFORE they zapped me?

Same views then and I woke more calm and relaxed than ever before.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
If you love the sinner then you accept the sin
Idiot. "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).- 10 Commandments

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

God is going to gitcha Wolfy!