Why atheists' arguments don't work

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm convinced!

I tried watching a couple of the videos but getting no sound - probably just as well:lol::lol: the kids probably still wet behind the ears and shouldn't be expounding on anything deeper than what's good for breakfast.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The world is the ultimate evidence that this god exists? Just because it is? Otherwise it wouldn't exist?
o ya, thats lojicle. I am convinsed. Im a bleever.
That was intensely funny, Scott. Thanks. I couldn't even make it through a minute into the second one.

Last edited:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Scott Free, you have been really nasty to religion. There are many learned, erudite, sophisticated religious scholars who can effectively put forward the case for religion (they call it apologetics). Rather than quoting them, you quote what I can only describe as a Christian Taliban in favor of Christianity.

His arguments are nonsense (e.g. God can exist or not exist, so there is 50% probability that he exists). His assertion that the pain during sex and during childbirth is Eve’s punishment for leading Adam astray has been rejected by anybody except the most extreme of religious fanatics (again, Christian Taliban), That is how Catholic Church used to argue in the middle ages.

Even his language leaves a lot to be desired. E.g. ‘in the history of human history’? What does that mean?

You have been really unfair and nasty to the religion, in my opinion. This is the poorest defense of Christianity that I have seen in a long time. It is like getting Osama Ben Laden to make the case for Islam.

Reactions: Vereya

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Scott Free, you have been really nasty to religion. There are many learned, erudite, sophisticated religious scholars who can effectively put forward the case for religion (they call it apologetics). Rather than quoting them, you quote what I can only describe as a Christian Taliban in favor of Christianity.

His arguments are nonsense (e.g. God can exist or not exist, so there is 50% probability that he exists). His assertion that the pain during sex and during childbirth is Eve’s punishment for leading Adam astray has been rejected by anybody except the most extreme of religious fanatics (again, Christian Taliban), That is how Catholic Church used to argue in the middle ages.

Even his language leaves a lot to be desired. E.g. ‘in the history of human history’? What does that mean?

You have been really unfair and nasty to the religion, in my opinion. This is the poorest defense of Christianity that I have seen in a long time. It is like getting Osama Ben Laden to make the case for Islam.
heheheh What goes around comes around. Like there's never been any cruel jokes about atheists or atheism. lmao

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Do you folks really take this youtube guy seriously?

It seems obvious to me that it's satire...

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
His arguments are obviously fallacious and its done in a comical way but his arguments are the real arguments used by religionists.

He isn't even a straw man because no religionist is likely to ever make better arguments they might just mask their fallacies a little better. The comedy here is provided in that the fallacies are naked and plain to see.

Here is the basic argument scheme: (Note: Bible can be substituted with Qur'an)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Personally, I could not finish watching them as I felt embarrassed to be human. I feel the same way about most sit-coms.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Personally, I could not finish watching them as I felt embarrassed to be human. I feel the same way about most sit-coms.

You'll be criticizing Latin_American soap-operas next :lol:
Both are a great stress-relief :lol: