Your own solution

katnut

Jul 17, 2007
usa
www.kabbalah.info
Solutions we hear in solving world economic crisis:

Inject billions of $ into economy - how long will the money last when every capitalist out there is going to keep it in his offshore bank account and leave his beloved country scrambling to function in deficit. :angry8: :help:

Reform financial systems - plug one hole and soon 2 more appears. :banghead:

Other than solutions that we know won't work, what about Kabbalah? Can it be the answer to all crises humanity is facing today? :idea:

Join the Crisis competition if you think Kabbalah can help the world... and Madonna

We're all interconnected spiritually like cogwheels of nature. If we only serve ourselves instead of interconnecting in mutual understanding with others, nature will stop functioning properly. Kabbalah teaches us how to reach this interconnectedness.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
A million bucks ain't what it used to be. I'll take mine in chicken feed please.

Reminds me of a couple of jokes from the 70s (when conditions were as bad as today, if not worse).

A robber is holding up a bank. The teller is handing over the money to the robber. Next to the teller is his lunch. The robber says to the teller

“Keep your money; I want that roast beef sandwich.”

In the other, a political party has just had a fund raiser and the team in charge is figuring out how much money they raised.

One of them says to the other

“No wonder we didn’t make any money. 1000 $ a plate and you dummies feed them steaks.”

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Katnut, my solution to the current crises is simple (though perhaps not popular). That is, do nothing.

Is GM in trouble? Let them file for bankruptcy. If it leads to massive job losses, so what? Government bailout only keeps the losers in business, to lose once again in a few years’ time.

I say to the government, hands off, let the chips fall where they may. We weathered the depression of the 30s, sure we can weather this. But from the ashes of the current system, a new and better system will rise, stronger than before.

In the meantime, sure there will be plenty of hardships; people will lose their jobs, their homes, their life savings. But that is how free enterprise works, free enterprise ain’t pretty.

Government’s role should be limited to sensible regulation of the industry (the pendulum swung too far in the other direction under Bush, with no regulation whatsoever) and to helping people who are suffering hardship (perhaps by enhanced unemployment benefits, or addition welfare benefits etc.).

But as far as industry is considered, I am not sure that the massive bailouts governments all over the world have embarked upon are such a good idea. I think it will only prolong the misery, and keep the losers (GM etc.) in business, in the market, while losers need to get out of the market.