Where is God?

dattaswami

Time Out
Mar 12, 2006

The Bhagavad Gita says that nobody knows God (Maamtu Veda Na kaschana). The Veda says that words, mind, intelligence, logic and even imagination cannot touch God (Yato Vachah…Manasa saha; Na Medhaya; Naisha Tarkena). The Veda also says that if one knows that God is unknown, he knows atleast something about God (Yasyaa matam Tasya Matam). These three statements declare that God is unknowable and unreachable. Yet the same Veda says that God is present on this earth itself (Yat Saakshat Aparokshat). Similarly the Gita also says that God reveals Himself on the earth in every human generation as per the necessity (Tadaatmaanam Srijaamyaham).

These two statements say that God can be seen by humans. How can one correlate these two contradicting sets of statements?

The first set of statements implies that you cannot catch God by your effort. The second statement indicates that whenever the kindest God wants to reveal Himself, He comes to the earth. You can see God on earth but He cannot be understood. Therefore the first statement is not contradicted. Fine, you have seen Lord Krishna. However as a boy He lifted a mountain on His little finger. Did you understand this? Definitely not! The Gita says that God comes down in a human body to preach to human beings (Manusheem Tanum Ashritam). Then you can see and touch Him. You can talk and live with Him. But He is not understood. He is seen only to prove that He cannot be understood.

Artryru

Nominee Member
Jan 27, 2009
Perhaps it is not 'where is God', but 'where am I'? Has anyone ever tried that one on for size?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm more concerned with Momma Earth. I think she is getting ready to blow a blood vessel. Us pesky little carbon units are making a mess of her garden!

Artryru

Nominee Member
Jan 27, 2009
I'm more concerned with Momma Earth. I think she is getting ready to blow a blood vessel. Us pesky little carbon units are making a mess of her garden!
Does this mean mommy and daddy are getting a divorce? :smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
After realization of my potential in my current phase incarnation I have recently undergone lessened resistance and have been induced to flow and have inverted to god, Lord Sparky, mover of mountains and parter of seas.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The Bhagavad Gita says that nobody knows God (Maamtu Veda Na kaschana). The Veda says that words, mind, intelligence, logic and even imagination cannot touch God (Yato Vachah…Manasa saha; Na Medhaya; Naisha Tarkena). The Veda also says that if one knows that God is unknown, he knows atleast something about God (Yasyaa matam Tasya Matam). These three statements declare that God is unknowable and unreachable. Yet the same Veda says that God is present on this earth itself (Yat Saakshat Aparokshat). Similarly the Gita also says that God reveals Himself on the earth in every human generation as per the necessity (Tadaatmaanam Srijaamyaham).

These two statements say that God can be seen by humans. How can one correlate these two contradicting sets of statements?

The first set of statements implies that you cannot catch God by your effort. The second statement indicates that whenever the kindest God wants to reveal Himself, He comes to the earth. You can see God on earth but He cannot be understood. Therefore the first statement is not contradicted. Fine, you have seen Lord Krishna. However as a boy He lifted a mountain on His little finger. Did you understand this? Definitely not! The Gita says that God comes down in a human body to preach to human beings (Manusheem Tanum Ashritam). Then you can see and touch Him. You can talk and live with Him. But He is not understood. He is seen only to prove that He cannot be understood.

There is only contradiction if you take them literally

dattaswami

Time Out
Mar 12, 2006
Self realisation

Perhaps it is not 'where is God', but 'where am I'? Has anyone ever tried that one on for size?

What you are talking about self-realisation. Self-realisation is a pre-requisite for God realisation.

Without analysis, you should not reject any point of anybody
The science keeping silent about God and Charvaka, atheist, objecting existence of God are correct in the point that the soul is modification of food.
Science and atheism establish that soul is a modification of food only. In this point both are acceptable. Regarding the existence of God, science is silent and atheism opposes. In this point both are refuted and rejected by us. This does not mean that we shall totally reject anybody. We reject only a point and not the entire points without analysis. Without analysis, you should not reject any point of anybody.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Where is God ?????
It simple , God is in the same place where you first met him , wherever .So the point is to go that place and you''ll find him , really .What I'm saying is that if you go to the place where you came from (don't mean physical world ) beside god there will be someone else waiting for you ..............Yourself .