The true measure of applying the heart to understanding

copper25

Jan 24, 2009
Psalm 90:12) So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

How often to people fail to see things through more of a perspective that God views things. (Isaiah 55:9) “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.” Now can we comprehend or begin to imagine how God sees things? (Psalm 139:6) “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.” Of course not to all that the Almighty knows which is all, but there is one thing that is painfully clear, how much he does not like iniquity, how (1 Peter 3:12) “the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.” Applying (Proverbs 2:2) “thine heart to understanding”, means to start to utilize the word of God and applying it to our lives. Without understanding as such can one prosper? Can this be the reason that the parable on the fig tree that was fruitless and the parable on the sower are so important? (John 8:31) “If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed”, now can one be fruitful without the word? (Mark 4:8 )“And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.” And of course the seed is the word, so no. Now can being friends with the world choke out the word (Mark 4:18-19) “And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.” So worldly lust, pleasures and riches will choke out the word, so what is acceptable because lust can refer to a whole variety, sexual, materialism, greed, covetousness over any worldly thing, (1 John 2:17) “And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

So then the question is what is the will of God because only that person will have success, (Matthew 7:21) “Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” Is God’s will for us to flee from evil, sin, and iniquity, (Deuteronomy 5:29) “O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!” (Psalm 97:10) “Ye that love the Lord, hate evil”, (Amos 5:15) “hate the evil, and love the good”, (Deuteronomy 30:15) “life and good, and death and evil”, notice how evil corresponds with death and good corresponds with life. In a world of confusion the word of God makes it that plan and that simple. (1 Thessalonians 5:21) “prove all things” to see whether they be good or evil and certainly shouldn’t we abstain from evil?

The Lord died for us and was made sin for us, (2 Corinthians 5:21)“For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” Now Christ was made a curse for us, (Galatians 3:13) “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree”, he bore our sins, (Isaiah 53:5) “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” And gave his life for us, (Romans 8:37) “Nay, in all these things we are more then conquers through him that loved us” and (Galatians 2:20) “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Now do you think that Christ Jesus our Lord died for us to live in our sin that he died for, I think not. (2 Corinthians 5:21)“he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him”, now would Christ support iniquity or the workers of it, (Matthew 7:23) “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity”, I think not, (Matthew 13:41-42) “The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” How deadly is an offense!? (Matthew 5:30) “And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” Again, (Matthew 5:29) “And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” How important is it not to offend.

(1 John 1:6) “if we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth” and (John 3:21) “he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God” and certainly presumptuous sin and following habitual sin is unacceptable else what would separate one that is hot and passionate for the Lord from a Laodecian-type Christian who is (Revelation 3:17) “poor, and blind, and naked”, who can’t discern right from wrong, good from evil, who for that reason is snared still in the bondage of iniquity, sin, and transgression and does not abide in Christ, but is rejected by him violently in description, (Revelation 3:16) “I will spue thee out of my mouth”. Listen while we are covered by the Lord’s blood, can we continue as acting like a child of disobedience, I think not, and is there any excuse for sin, presumptuous sin because (Proverbs 20:11) “Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.” And (John 15:22) “If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.” And (Acts 17:30) “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent”, to turn from sin but not to stay in it presumptuously and purposefully and willfully because there is a huge difference between ignorance and purposeful sin and frankly, if one chooses to purposefully stay in sin, stay in iniquity, then that person is choosing perdition because they heed not the exhortation of the bible, which is one of its biggest exhortations, to flee from sin because by and by everyone will be judged by their works, and faith without works is dead, and faith without obedience is dead. Christ blood saved by, but only if one abandons and flees from sin and fleshy ways, and the way of the carnal mind which is willful disobedience and habitual sin, else one is just lukewarm and rejected. Can one live in sin and acknowledge, take up the offer of Christ while choosing to willfully live in sin, I think not. We are not perfect but when people choose to be patronized rather then to heed and fear the warning and the Lord, they choose destruction (Psalm 9:17) “The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” And who are the wicked but they that refuse to be obedient to the Lord.