Reality is 'what is'.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Instead of asking who has realized or what God is why not give your whole attention and awareness to 'what is'? Then you will find the unknown, or rather it will come to you. If you understand what is the known, you will experience that extraordinary silence which is not induced, not enforced, that creative emptiness in which alone reality can enter. It cannot come to that which is becoming, which is striving; it can only come to that which is being, which understands 'what is'. Then you will see that reality is not in the distance; the unknown is not far off; it is in 'what is' As the answer to a problem is in the problem, so reality is in 'what is'; if we can understand it, then we shall know truth.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Reality means "the state of things as they actually exist..

David Cronenberg on "Spider": "Reality Is What You Make Of It"
by Anthony Kaufman

Ralph Fiennes in David Cronenberg's "Spider".
© 2003 Sony Pictures Classics

"Talk about the invention of reality," Canadian auteur David Cronenberg told indieWIRE on the eve of this year's Academy Award nominations. "If three billion people take the Oscars seriously, then it's serious. It's like religion. If eight billion people believe in something, then it is the reality." The self-avowed atheist's latest masterwork, the minimalist "Spider" (opening today from Sony Pictures Classics), didn't win any nominations the following day. But Cronenberg, who admits to a competitive streak (he has raced cars and motorcycles), nevertheless probably wasn't fazed. "The bad thing about winning an Oscar," he says, "is that when you die, people will say, 'Oscar-winner David Cronenberg just died' -- as though it's the highpoint of your life."

http://www.indiewire.com/people/people_030228cronen.html

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
China, my old friend. I would agree...

But far to many are so afraid of reality that they hide in the realm of fantasy. You see, things as they actually are, are of such huge proportions, that they feel microscopic and weak. So they will attach themselves to these large flights of fancy. Seemingly mindless sects of spirit or controversy. Only to feel large.

They lack the ablity to see the whole on there own and need someone to show it to them.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
GDNBear

They lack the ablity to see the whole on there own and need someone to show it to them.
Dear GDN Bear
No one can show them ,they have to do it themself; leave this civilazation ,go into the bush ( leave the EGO behind , if they don't , they wont survive in the bush); sit , be silent ,observe, and learn . There is still allot of these 'teaching grounds' in Canada.These month long courses are free of charge.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
GDNBear

Dear GDN Bear
No one can show them ,they have to do it themself. get away from this civilazation go into the bush ( leave the EGO behind , if they don't , they wont survive in the bush) , be silent ,observe and learn . There is still allot of these 'teaching grounds" in Canada.These courses are free .
China this is true, but they don't want to learn. They are happy to be told what and how to think.

Look around the boards. The so called free thinkers...are not. The believer's...are not...

There are a few that have breached the walls between spoon fed and truly enlightened. But they are few and far between.

They do not ask, they preach what they were told. The reality as they were fed.

The garden of knowledge that you speak of is the class room of my youth and now I take my offspring to learn.

Here there is the wisdom of true freedom. There is no ego in the wild. Only fact. One must only look around, when surrounded by the beauty of the creator, to see that she has given us everything we need to see.

The mechanisation of modern man are the detriment of the species. The Church, the theories, these all play into the search of higher calling. The need to feel a part of something greater then the sum of all their parts.

The fouls...

The pay, they yearn, they cry for someone to hear them, hold them, tell them they are on the right path. No matter what path they choose.

This is the reality of modern man. Fantasy...fiction...theory after theory...all a facade of the unreal.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
China this is true, but they don't want to learn. They are happy to be told what and how to think.

Look around the boards. The so called free thinkers...are not. The believer's...are not...

There are a few that have breached the walls between spoon fed and truly enlightened. But they are few and far between.

They do not ask, they preach what they were told. The reality as they were fed.

The garden of knowledge that you speak of is the class room of my youth and now I take my offspring to learn.

Here there is the wisdom of true freedom. There is no ego in the wild. Only fact. One must only look around, when surrounded by the beauty of the creator, to see that she has given us everything we need to see.

The mechanisation of modern man are the detriment of the species. The Church, the theories, these all play into the search of higher calling. The need to feel a part of something greater then the sum of all their parts.

The fouls...

The pay, they yearn, they cry for someone to hear them, hold them, tell them they are on the right path. No matter what path they choose.

This is the reality of modern man. Fantasy...fiction...theory after theory...all a facade of the unreal.

Bear,

Have we all become zombies? Do you really think that people have become so lazy and negative that `not even one has an original thought?`. With all due respect to you, I do not and and cannot believe it.

Regards,
s.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

But far to many are so afraid of reality that they hide in the realm of fantasy. You see, things as they actually are, are of such huge proportions, that they feel microscopic and weak. So they will attach themselves to these large flights of fancy. Seemingly mindless sects of spirit or controversy. Only to feel large.

All right I'm listening, enlighten us poor mindless weaklings, oh please your enormity share your impecability with us we're begging your illustriousness please just let us crawl toward you over the carpet of glass chips and kiss the hem of your priceless trousers, Ooooh I'm being filled and skewered with razor sharp emanations of the onlyest trueest knowledge of such magnificent perfection I'm about to swoon. OH thankyou thankyou your eminence of the swollen head.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Instead of asking who has realized or what God is why not give your whole attention and awareness to 'what is'? Then you will find the unknown, or rather it will come to you. If you understand what is the known, you will experience that extraordinary silence which is not induced, not enforced, that creative emptiness in which alone reality can enter. It cannot come to that which is becoming, which is striving; it can only come to that which is being, which understands 'what is'. Then you will see that reality is not in the distance; the unknown is not far off; it is in 'what is' As the answer to a problem is in the problem, so reality is in 'what is'; if we can understand it, then we shall know truth.

Certainly what is is what is but just what is what is and where is what is and when did you last see what is and where when what is was it.And why is it what it is?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Just an observation .I have noticed that many of the members who answer my threds write their letters in plural- eg....."we don,t belive that crapp ,you can't bull..... us ,we know ...whatever .
Not to sure of ones self ?....just wondering .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
darkbeaver ,
Certainly what is is what is but just what is what is and where is what is and when did you last see what is and where when what is was it.And why is it what it is?

Why did you stop here? You have to come to a point that you are aware of inward insufficiency and live with it without escape, accepting it wholly, then you will discover an extraordinary tranquillity, a tranquillity which is not put together, made up, but a tranquillity which comes with understanding of what is.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
What is the coefficient of mild steel? What is black and white and read all over? What is a man if not a moose? What is a flower? Inner insufficency is not a singularity like point but rather like the thinnest of layers, a barrier in the onionverse through which you cannot get your enormous square head. What is a blueberry? Why is a blueberry? How is a fart? What is the weather? What is is not even an important question. What is the purpose of life? What is your point?

What of what is? If you knew all of a sudden what is, it wouldn't be, you can observe nothing in the static state, nothing rests in this realm, the merest hint of observation changes the observed as it changes with the touch of your eyes and mind. Dosen't it? How many slices of "what is"are there. There is no "what is" only what was. IMO interesting parlour chating point though.China have you read any quantum physics? Because sooner or later I think you'll have to. It's a fun way to get a headache.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
darkbeaver

If you knew all of a sudden what is, it wouldn't be, you can observe nothing in the static state, nothing rests in this realm, the merest hint of observation changes the observed as it changes with the touch of your eyes and mind. Dosen't it?
Yes it does darkbeaver ,as as long as you(the"I") are there ;if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

And even that is part of reality. :D I think it's just that everyone faces a different reality. But we all have a few things that are common in our realities.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Scratch

Can thought be original ?....just wondering .
Think about it. hehehe
Sure. It is how people make discoveries. It is how people investigate and research. If there were no original thoughts, science would stop dead in its tracks.The last original thought I heard about was that a scientist in Russia thought Dimebon (an antihistamine) might help with the effects of Alzheimers.