The mistake of the prophet

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The mistake of the prophet

The prophet is a human being just like other people, but he is inspired, and it is revealed to him that God is One.

The apostle receives the revelation from God Himself, and from angels sent to him by God.

There are angels that go before and behind him to protect him from the suggestion of Satan and the devils, so that these devils cannot mix their suggestions with the revelation of God. The angels will also watch over him concerning his duty of conveying the message.

He is vulnerable to commit mistakes, but such mistakes will only take place by the leave of God: i.e. God permits it to prove to people that the prophet is only a human being like them.

Such mistakes are usually trivial, not part of disbelief and major sins, but mostly they are minor sins, like some improper behavior.

The apostle will not go on insisting on his sin, but will immediately repent and ask God's forgiveness and will refrain from the disobedience. He will not be like Satan who insisted on his disobedience and rebelled against the command of God.

The apostle is an example to all people concerning his conduct, acts and words.

These prophets and apostles of God are the best of mankind, concerning their kind hearts, good conduct, God-fearing and avoiding the sins and disobedience.

The apostle is protected from being killed in order to convey his message perfectly.

Is there any infallibility of the prophet and apostle:
When the apostle is about to do some deed that is unacceptable, the angels will inspire him that such act is not good and improper, so he will be aware of that and desist from such doing.

When there is some danger, the angels will tell him by inspiration, so that he will be aware and cautious to get rid of that dangerous situation.

Lies against the prophets in the Torah of Ezra (included in the Old Testament):

There are, in the Torah of Ezra, many lies concerning the prophets of God, that they committed things that ordinary men will be blamed if they commit such acts and sins, like:
  • Prophet Abraham gave his wife Sara to Pharaoh as his sister.

• Prophet Lot drank wine and committed adultery with both his daughters.

• Prophet Aaron made the calf idol for his people, and invited them to serve the calf idols that he made of gold.

• Prophet Solomon had 1000 women: wives and concubines.

The danger of such lies is that people will be encouraged to commit sins; because they will say: these were the prophets and apostles and they did so and so, then how about us and we are only ordinary people.

Some of the mistakes of the prophets:

The mistake of Adam:
God commanded him that he should not approach the spiky raspberry tree, but he disobeyed, listened to the suggestions of Satan and approached the spiky tree of the raspberry; its spikes tore his dress and his shame was uncovered. Then he repented and asked God's forgiveness. Then God chose and guided him.

The mistake of Noah:
He asked God to save his grandson Canaan, then he repented and asked God's forgiveness, after God had threatened him, not to ask forgiveness for the disbeliever ad the associater.

The mistake of Abraham:
He asked God to show him how He will resurrect the dead in order that he will be certain in belief. Although this may not be considered a sin.

The mistake of Moses:
He listened to the fools among his people, who insisted that they should see God with their eyes. Then he repented and asked God to revive the seventy men who went with him to the Mount Hor, after being thunder-stricken.

The mistake of Prophet David:
He desired for the woman of Uriah the Hethite, who was a general in the army; so he sent him in a dangerous campaign, then when this Uriah was killed, and after the required period of the woman proved not pregnant, Prophet David married her.
Then he repented for his act of sending Uriah in this campaign, and asked God's forgiveness, and God forgave him that.

The mistake of Prophet Solomon:
One of his women, who had been an idolatress: her people worshipped an idol; she designed a trick, where she brought her idol and put it on his throne; so when he came at morning and found the idol on his throne, he was about to prostrate himself to the idol, but an angel said to him: "What are you doing, Solomon? This is only a trick designed by your wife." So he became alert, and broke up that idol.

The mistake of Prophet Elijah:
When he killed the 300 false prophets of the idol Baalim, he should better have in addition killed King Ahab and his wife Jezabil; but he did not do that, which lead this Jezabil to try to take revenge against him, and he ran away to the mountains.

The mistake of Prophet Jonah:
He was afraid of the people of Nineveh, so he disobeyed the command of God, and embarked on a ship that was going to Tershish, and then a whale engulfed him. Then when he saw himself in the darkness of the inside of the whale, the darkness of the sea and the darkness of the night; he then supplicated his Lord, who ordered the whale to spit him on the shore, then he went to Nineveh and carried out his duty.

The mistake of Prophet Jesus:
This may not be considered a mistake: he listened to the suggestion of his disciples who demanded that a dining table with food from heaven be sent down for them, so he asked God for that, then God said He will send it down, but anyone of them who disbelieves afterward, will be chastised with the most severe chastisement than all other people. Therefore, the disciples then refrained from their request.

The mistake of Prophet Mohammed:
There was one of the Quraish tribesmen, that was about to convert, then the apostle sent to him a blind man to invite him to the Islam, but did not go by himself to invite that one, who was unwilling to comply to the blind.
This is in the Quran 80: 1- 13

عَبَسَ وَتَوَلَّى .أَن جَاءهُ الْأَعْمَى . وَمَا يُدْرِيكَ لَعَلَّهُ يَزَّكَّى . أَوْ يَذَّكَّرُ فَتَنفَعَهُ الذِّكْرَى . أَمَّا مَنِ اسْتَغْنَى . فَأَنتَ لَهُ تَصَدَّى . وَمَا عَلَيْكَ أَلَّا يَزَّكَّى . وَأَمَّا مَن جَاءكَ يَسْعَى . وَهُوَ يَخْشَى . فَأَنتَ عَنْهُ تَلَهَّى . كَلَّا إِنَّهَا تَذْكِرَةٌ . فَمَن شَاء ذَكَرَهُ . فِي صُحُفٍ مُّكَرَّمَةٍ

The explanation:
(One [of the Quraish men] scowled [at the blind man] and turned in aversion [away from believing.]

When a blind man [: Abdullah, the son of Ummi Maktuom] came [inviting] him [to believe.]

But you [Mohammed] know not that [if you yourself go to invite him to believe] he will [convert and] become purified [from the unbelief and the association!]

Or yet he may receive admonition [of the Quran] and the admonition will profit him!

But as for him who has forgone [the Quran],

To him you [Mohammed] attend [in order to rehearse to him some of the revelations of the Quran.]

Yet it is not [imposed] on you [to punish him] if he does not cleanse himself [from the association.]

Whereas he who has come to you, walking with determination [and converted.]
[Then that man came and converted.]

The while he fears [God's punishment in case he keeps up on his association.]

To him you [Mohammed] pay no heed.

By no means [: you should not do that: to insist on the one proud over the Quran, and neglect the one worthy of the admonition]; for the [Quran] is indeed an admonition.

Then any who likes [to have admonition], let him receive the admonition [of the Quran revelations.]

[These admonitions and revelations are with Us, in heaven, written] in books held [by angels, prophets and their followers, greatly held] in honor.)

Last edited:

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
Prophet Abraham's question about the dead

When men and animals die, their bodies will decay, then become soil and mix with the earth. When the grass and trees grow, their roots will absorb the nutrient from the soil which in large part was the bodies of the dead men and animals.

Then the new bodies of the living men and animals will grow from the dead bodies.

In case there will be any resurrection of the dead bodies; here is the problem: the same substance formed many bodies; then how can the same substance form many resurrected bodies at the same time?

The question of Abraham:
Prophet Abraham saw a corpse of a dead man; half of that corpse sunk in the water, and the other half was on the shore of the river or lake.

The water animals (like fishes and others) ate from the sunken part of the corpse, and each animal went his way. And the land animals ate (like the jackal, hyena and eagle) from the exposed part of that corpse, and each animal went his way.

So prophet Abraham thought how this man will be resurrected, because the substance of his body became part of the bodies of those animals and dispersed. So he asked God as in the Quran 2: 260
وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ رَبِّ أَرِنِي كَيْفَ تُحْيِي الْمَوْتَى قَالَ أَوَلَمْ تُؤْمِن قَالَ بَلَى وَلَكِن لِّيَطْمَئِنَّ قَلْبِي قَالَ فَخُذْ أَرْبَعَةً مِّنَ الطَّيْرِ فَصُرْهُنَّ إِلَيْكَ ثُمَّ اجْعَلْ عَلَى كُلِّ جَبَلٍ مِّنْهُنَّ جُزْءًا ثُمَّ ادْعُهُنَّ يَأْتِينَكَ سَعْيًا وَاعْلَمْ أَنَّ اللّهَ عَزِيزٌ حَكِيمٌ
The explanation:
([Remember] when Abraham said [to his Lord]: “My Lord, make it obviously clear to me how You give life to the dead.” [God] said: “Do you not believe [that I am All-Able?”] [Abraham] said: “Yes [, I do,] but [I ask] in order that my heart may be assured.”
[His Lord] said: “Take four [kinds] of birds [:the poultry that walk on their feet but cannot fly: the chicken, the duck, the Indian chicken and the peacock;] and make them incline* to you [by giving them food and calling them to the food;] then place a part of them [:eek:ne of these four] on each hill [that are round about you], then call them; they will come to you [walking on their feet] in haste; and know that God is All-Mighty [and] Most Wise.”)
[* i.e. team them to turn to you when you call them to food.]

The interpretation:
>> (“My Lord, make it obviously clear to me) means: Let me understand (how You give life to the dead.” [God] said: “Do you not believe [that I am All-Able?”]) means: Haven’t you believed yet?
>> (Abraham] said: “Yes [, I do,]) or I have believed, (but [I ask] in order that my heart may be assured.”) according to what You will show to me.
>> ([His Lord] said: “Take four [kinds] of birds [: the poultry that walk on their feet but cannot fly: the chicken, the duck, the Indian chicken and the peacock;]); of each kind one bird,
>> (and make them incline to you [by giving them food and calling them to the food;]); the meaning: make them familiar with you, that is by giving them food for many days, until they become familiar with you; i.e. team them to turn to you when you call them to food; so that when you call them, they come to you in haste; i.e. let them return to you when you call them. The birds, which Abraham took, were of those, [domestic birds], living at homes like the hen, the duck, the peacock and the Indian cock.
>> (then place a part of them [: one of these four] on each hill [that are round about you])
>> (then call them; they will come to you [walking on their feet] in haste); that is because they have become familiar with eating and drinking after you call them.

This is a parable told by God to Abraham, which means: God – be exalted – says to Abraham:

Souls will not perish, and bodies will not be resurrected or returned to life again, but souls will be gathered and judged, because souls are everlasting, and no defect or disturbance will affect souls; and on the Day of Judgment, the angel Israfel will call them, and they will hear his call, and gather to the caller in haste, just as when you call the birds they come in haste.

See this story and more details at end of the subject of:
The four human races

And see about this subject here:
The body will not be restored
The congregation is for souls

eanassir
http://universeandquran.site.io
http://man-after-death.site.io

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
The mistake of Prophet Moses

Prophet Moses was a high rank prophet and apostle of God; God specified him by speaking to him, other than revealing to him. That speaking was from behind a veil, not directly; the veil was the olive tree; God was not in that tree, but from over His Throne, He sent the voice to the tree, and Moses heard it from the tree, just as do we hear one speak from the radio: the speaker is not the radio set, he is in London or Cairo.

This is in the Quran 42: 51

وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُكَلِّمَهُ اللَّهُ إِلَّا وَحْيًا أَوْ مِن وَرَاء حِجَابٍ أَوْ يُرْسِلَ رَسُولًا فَيُوحِيَ بِإِذْنِهِ مَا يَشَاء إِنَّهُ عَلِيٌّ حَكِيمٌ

The explanation:
(It was not [vouchsafed] to any mortal that God should [directly] speak to him, unless:
1. [He might speak to him] by inspiration,
2. or from behind a veil,
3. or He might send a messenger [: an angel] who would reveal by His leave what [revelation] He please;

He is All-Exalted, Most Wise.)

The mistake of Prophet Moses:
Some of the Children of Israel asked Moses that they should see God manifestly with their eyes. He said to them: you cannot see Him; because God cannot be seen; but they insisted on their request; they were seventy men who went with him to the Mount Hor in order to see God with their eyes.

This is in the Quran 7: 143-144

وَلَمَّا جَاء مُوسَى لِمِيقَاتِنَا وَكَلَّمَهُ رَبُّهُ قَالَ رَبِّ أَرِنِي أَنظُرْ إِلَيْكَ قَالَ لَن تَرَانِي وَلَكِنِ انظُرْ إِلَى الْجَبَلِ فَإِنِ اسْتَقَرَّ مَكَانَهُ فَسَوْفَ تَرَانِي فَلَمَّا تَجَلَّى رَبُّهُ لِلْجَبَلِ جَعَلَهُ دَكًّا وَخَرَّ موسَى صَعِقًا فَلَمَّا أَفَاقَ قَالَ سُبْحَانَكَ تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَأَنَاْ أَوَّلُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ . قَالَ يَا مُوسَى إِنِّي اصْطَفَيْتُكَ عَلَى النَّاسِ بِرِسَالاَتِي وَبِكَلاَمِي فَخُذْ مَا آتَيْتُكَ وَكُن مِّنَ الشَّاكِرِينَ

The explanation: (And when Moses came to Our appointed tryst and his Lord spoke with him, he said: "My Lord, show me [Yourself], that I may look at You."
[God] said: "You will not see Me, but look at the mountain! If it stood still in its place, then you would see Me [so wait and see!]"
[This was a threatening which means: You will see what will happen to you and to the seventy men who dared to ask such a thing.]
And when his Lord revealed His glory to the mountain He crushed it up completely, and Moses fell down swooning, seized by the thunderbolt [and the seventy men, of the Children of Israel who were with him on the mountain, died by the thunderbolt.]

Then when he awoke [from his fainting] he said: "Glory be to You! I have repented to You [from saying such words] and I am the first to believe [that You cannot be seen by the eye, nor by the sight.]"

Said [God]: "Moses, I have preferably chosen you above all men for My messages and My speaking [with you]; take then [the commandments inscribed on the tablets] that I have given you, and be grateful [and do not listen to the fools among your people].)

Then Moses prayed God to revive the seventy men who accompanied him and were thunderstriken, so God revived them and they returned to their people.

eanassir
http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com

Last edited:

look3467

Council Member
Dec 13, 2006
Northern California
When a prophecy is given, is it truth?
When a promise was made to Abraham concerning his seed, and the promise made to King David, concerning his seed, was it truth?

If not, then, when was it made truth?

If I said, eanassir, I will travel to your place to see you, in the very near future, am I telling a truth?

Wouldn't it be truth when I did show up and my prophecy become fulfilled?

So, technically, a prophecy is a lie until the prophecy is fulfilled wouldn't you say?

True, prophets did prophecy concerning pending doom, but the last prophet, fulfilled all prophecies concerning the salvation of the world.

That prophet did not err in any way shape or form, but was himself with out blemish or spot, as prophets you described.

1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Joh 1:36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

A sacrificial lamb with a blemish or spot, (sin) is not acceptable, for it must be in perfect state.

To which of the prophets would that claim fit?

Peace>>>AJ

eanassir

Time Out
Jul 26, 2007
That prophet did not err in any way shape or form, but was himself with out blemish or spot, as prophets you described.

AJ,

The exaggeration will lead to the enthusiasm, and the enthusiasm will lead to the association with God: they will glorify Jesus as do they glorify God Almighty or may be more; their hearts and their minds will be occupied by celebrating Jesus rather than celebrating and praising God Most Gracious; and this is the error.

Jesus Christ had had a past experience; he was an angel in heaven, before was he created in the womb of Mary his mother. He was a righteous servant of God, obedient to his Lord, and was pious: he observed himself cautiously lest he should fall into sins. His sins were very few: between him and his Creator.

In his judgment, when God judged him concerning his conveyance of the message, and what enthusiasm has his people done; he quitted himself of any association, enthusiasm and any word that he might have said concerning the glorification of himself and his mother instead of God Almighty.
[ Judgment of the prophets and apostles ]

The Judgment of Jesus, the son of Mary:

God judged Jesus Christ about his conveyance of the message of monotheism and about carrying out his duty: this is in the Quran 5: 116-118 ; addressing the soul of Jesus Christ when he was in heaven:
وَإِذْ قَالَ اللّهُ يَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ أَأَنتَ قُلتَلِلنَّاسِ اتَّخِذُونِي وَأُمِّيَ إِلَهَيْنِ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ قَالَ سُبْحَانَكَمَا يَكُونُ لِي أَنْ أَقُولَ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِحَقٍّ ...الخ .
The explanation:
(116- And [keep in mind] when God said [to Jesus after his death and ascending to heaven],
'Jesus, son of Mary! Is it you who said to people: take me and my mother as two gods, apart from God?'
[Jesus] said: "To You be glory! I haven't the right to say what I have no right to.
If I had said it, You would have known it;
You know what is in myself, but I know not what is in Yourself;
it is You Who knows unknown secrets."

117- " I never told them save what You had commanded me [saying] – 'Worship God, my Lord and your Lord',
and I was a witness of them so long as I was [alive] among them;
but when You took me [after death] to Yourself, You were the Watcher over them;
for You are the Witnessing of everything."

118- "If You should punish them [because of their disbelief], they are Your servants;
but if You should forgive them [if they believe in my apostlehood and did not say I am God's son], surely You are the All-Mighty [and] the Most Wise."