How the mighty have fallen.

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
A cross country tour by leading churchmen finds itself in Prince Albert, Sask. today.

United, Catholic, Presbyterian and Anglican clerics and bishops are on a road tour apologizing to native groups for decades (centuries, if they knew their history)of abuse , neglect and colonialist prejudices.

They do look so pious on TV! The Cathoilc bishop is sans his crozier and staff ( best to leave that prop in the cathedral, lest it reminds the sheep who the shephard is), the Anglican is praying for "reconciliation" and the other two guys are also dressed in black and looking somewhat repentant.

God's HOLY , ORDAINED SUCCESSORS TO Saint PETER on national TV admitting the evil they and their colleagues caused to humanity---all nice and good I suppose, but I wonder what they talk about after their TV time in the hotel lounge sniffing their expensive Scotch.

Probably something about all this show and tell being necessary to keep the sheep tithing and submissive...after all golf rates and Cadillacs keep going up in price and it just wouldn't do to feel deprived while in The Master's Employ!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They should have been crawling on their hands and knees, IMHO.
A good start at being truly repentant would be to make all the court-cases they have been having the Govt hold up in court for decades over treaty issues signed over as no -contest. With retroactive interest.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There's no possible way to win in this situation. Apologies MUST be made. The country, their own parishes, the First Nations people, demand it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's not about what is right and required for the First Nations of this country...it's just another kick at the can.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
A cross country tour by leading churchmen finds itself in Prince Albert, Sask. today.

United, Catholic, Presbyterian and Anglican clerics and bishops are on a road tour apologizing to native groups for decades (centuries, if they knew their history)of abuse , neglect and colonialist prejudices.

They do look so pious on TV! The Cathoilc bishop is sans his crozier and staff ( best to leave that prop in the cathedral, lest it reminds the sheep who the shephard is), the Anglican is praying for "reconciliation" and the other two guys are also dressed in black and looking somewhat repentant.

God's HOLY , ORDAINED SUCCESSORS TO Saint PETER on national TV admitting the evil they and their colleagues caused to humanity---all nice and good I suppose, but I wonder what they talk about after their TV time in the hotel lounge sniffing their expensive Scotch.

Probably something about all this show and tell being necessary to keep the sheep tithing and submissive...after all golf rates and Cadillacs keep going up in price and it just wouldn't do to feel deprived while in The Master's Employ!

Frig, talk about anal. Sure I may no longer follow the Christian religion anymore, but even I have a friggin clue.

You're ripping the holy snot (pun intended) out of these guys who are sticking their heads out into the media and accepting the blame on behalf of the church. I am pretty certain these guys were not around for the last few centuries to perform these acts themselves, they alone are not responsible for their ancestors' actions or anybody else's actions from hundreds of years ago. I can imagine what it's like being a part of this organization who's responsible for these deeds in the past, and then having to stand up to represent the whole lot of them (Probably being innocent yourself of these crimes) and accepting the blame and apologizing for them all.... geez, give them a bit of credit.

You're giving all hell to a couple of guys who probably had nothing directly to do with these incidences.

Like seriously, what the hell else do you want them to do? Put on a little puppet show?

At least they're admitted to the mistakes of the past. They could just get all British on them, flip the finger, make a fart noise and yell "Jog On Ya Nunce!"

Just can't please some people.

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
Frig, talk about anal. Sure I may no longer follow the Christian religion anymore, but even I have a friggin clue.

"You're ripping the holy snot (pun intended) out of these guys who are sticking their heads out into the media and accepting the blame on behalf of the church. I am pretty certain these guys were not around for the last few centuries to perform these acts themselves, they alone are not responsible for their ancestors' actions or anybody else's actions from hundreds of years ago. I can imagine what it's like being a part of this organization who's responsible for these deeds in the past, and then having to stand up to represent the whole lot of them (Probably being innocent yourself of these crimes) and accepting the blame and apologizing for them all.... geez, give them a bit of credit.

You're giving all hell to a couple of guys who probably had nothing directly to do with these incidences."

Like seriously, what the hell else do you want them to do? Put on a little puppet show?

At least they're admitted to the mistakes of the past. They could just get all British on them, flip the finger, make a fart noise and yell "Jog On Ya Nunce!"

Just can't please some people.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well, let me see. The pastors, priest and ministers mentioned above, all hold (inspite of their differences and "interpretations" ,the scripture of the Holy Bible as their sound footing, understanding of and reason for their service to the Almighty. As one poster put it rather amusingly the other day Scripture is 'my footing and terra firma'. It is of course true for the clergymen; I'm sure you would agree.

Not let us look at the abuse visited by christians, both in governement and the churches, on the native peoples of Canada. Yes, it happened in the past, was vile, wicked and immoral and pretty much everyone agrees on that, and I assume you do too..?

The so-called Holy Bible has endless texts supporting abuse of others, whether it be women, slaves, homosexual people, folks who like chicken AND beef at one sitting (check out Leviticus) or just various minorities the Almighty takes a hankerin' to torment, slaughter, drown, behead , burn, turn to salt, cast out, etc.

As regards our native peoples do you think clergymen would have abused them so badly if they did not find justification to do so in the Book of Myths? Stoning women and unruly children is God's instruction, advice and direction to pious followers!!

You suggest, I think, our four nomadic apologists in Prince Albert ought not be held to account for the sins of the past? They don't have to be - as long as they wander around in religious apparel representing their churches and accept the God-given scripture of the Bible they are indeed responsible for the evil in the Book of Myths, and indeed peddle belief in it as a prerequisite for God's pleasure and eternal life in heaven.

They natives were abused. The clergymen, past and present, are duped. Some of them were wicked - the courts have said so, and the governments were negligent and turned a blind eye.

So tell me - who is to be held accountable - the clergymen who followed the dictates of governments and silly, hateful "Holy Books" or the Governments staffed by religionists who too thought God's will needed to be done?

Of course we can as a society sweep the whole thing under the rug, pay out billions and try to forget about it. Until the next time when YOU may find yourself in a minority the Almighty wants to torment and the governments turn a blind eye beacuse "holy men and women of God" can do no wrong.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
After claiming all religions are nothing but superstitions on another thread 2 minutes ago (4:01) here you are desperately looking for someone to worship. (after all look who you choose)
Be warned, they will be much more demanding of you than the RCC ever was. They do have the one true God part right though, but in all fairness I'm also quite sure the RCC has dropped preaching the 'Trinity" thing and have settled for a statement that basically says "It's (the relationship between God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit) rather complicated."
The Jews (non-Christian) also make the news more often than the RCC, the latest one that didn't involve violence, was a demand from an European country (other than Germany, surprise, surprise) for compensation, in the billions, for what they didn't do to prevent the holocaust. That is why I even remember the article, that was only about a week or so ago so I could probably find it again if you want the actual $ amount.
Out of curiosity how long ago were those shackles broken for you? I only ask because you used a capital g in His name, that one thing somebody who has totally rejected God is careful not to do.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sorry to confuse you.

Thoese squiggly marks preceding and following the sentence denote it is a QUATATION FROM

Who's your 'quatation' from? And why does 'quatation' sound like some new age exercise routine or bizarre celebrity grooming fad?

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
Sorry to confuse you.

Those squiggly lines preceding and following the sentence means it is a quotation from another source.The other source capitalized the g word and out of respect to the author it remains so in the quote.

As for the Jewish religion I am quite well acquainted with it, but neither that or your curiousity about the timing of my unshackling, is what this
thread is about.

The point of my post ,that you conveniently ignore, is that the Book of Myths has some exceedingly cruel prescriptions for dealing with unruly children, including stoning them, so is that not justification by churches and clerics for child abuse? After all, if God's Holy Word isn't what it means it is than how else could the churches achieve their power, wealth and influence?

Brainwashing children requires ongoing and intensive effort and it certainly has solicited the aid of rather unorthodox albeit illegal practices by the harsh hands and wicked minds of the ordained.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Sorry to confuse you.

Those squiggly lines preceding and following the sentence means it is a quotation from another source.The other source capitalized the g word and out of respect to the author it remains so in the quote.

Which source? Who's the quote from?

And I'm still waiting for someone to answer my 'quatation' question. :lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I can't answer it, it's grumy's word not mine.
I though he put those marks there there to mean you can quote mrgrumpy.

At least his sources still have the right words in them, the next one might even have them in the proper order, be interesting to watch what orbit he eventually ends up in. Not saying it isn't interesting to watch things the way they are now, from a safe distance that is.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Dodger - yer livin' up to yer new handle.

Care to address the issue I put forward?
Can I get a first name too, Roger would work for me. LOL

The point of my post ,that you conveniently ignore, is that the Book of Myths has some exceedingly cruel prescriptions for dealing with unruly children, including stoning them, so is that not justification by churches and clerics for child abuse? After all, if God's Holy Word isn't what it means it is than how else could the churches achieve their power, wealth and influence?
Apparently the only prison they had that was escape-proof was death. It is not an excuse for anything after the cross, forgiveness became the rule for the clergy, the Governments had control over the sword, not the clergy.
The Church is supposed to be the mediator between the rich and the poor, you already know there is some distance between what they are supposed to do and what they actually do. Know any verse from either the old or new that specifies once the Church receives money it is to hold onto it? Even in your shackled condition you knew that was wrong.