Religionists of the world unite!

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
Demonstrate your Faith is founded on reality!!

Here's your big chance.

Show us your God.

Where is He hiding? In the teapot? Under the deck? In your left kidney?

Where exactly does this mythical gawd awful wretch so many are worshipping, live?

Where is the omniscient/omnipresent Supreme Being hiding out these days?...apart from your own fantasies?

Bring Him out...lot's of us would like to give Him a slap upside the head.

Sorry, no wishful thinking, fairy tales, myths, legends or other silliniess allowed.

Let's have a look at the old man with a white beard and question him on the nonsense, of say THE HOLY BIBLE, which some of you are big fans of, and quote ad neauseum.

Introduce us to this hateful tyrant of mythical proportions!

I'm sure lookie lookie and megaherzerx will be full of "scriptural evidence" the Old Goat does indeed ' love us all'.

Yeah, right.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Demonstrate your Faith is founded on reality!!

Here's your big chance.

Show us your God.
Morning grumps.... having a bad day are we? :D Me too DST sucks doesn't it. Just for a week or two.

Where is He hiding? In the teapot? Under the deck? In your left kidney?
:-? Maybe

Where exactly does this mythical gawd awful wretch so many are worshipping, live?
Here, there, everywhere. I think that's a song.

Where is the omniscient/omnipresent Supreme Being hiding out these days?...apart from your own fantasies?
There too. Works for me.

Bring Him out...lot's of us would like to give Him a slap upside the head.
That would be tough as he's not corporal.
Sorry, no wishful thinking, fairy tales, myths, legends or other silliniess allowed.

Let's have a look at the old man with a white beard and question him on the nonsense, of say THE HOLY BIBLE, which some of you are big fans of, and quote ad neauseum.

Introduce us to this hateful tyrant of mythical proportions!

I'm sure lookie lookie and megaherzerx will be full of "scriptural evidence" the Old Goat does indeed ' love us all'.

Yeah, right.
I am not a religionist so perhaps should not have waded in here. However, faith is just that "faith". People who are against religions and God like to take every bad thing known to man and place the blame there, at the feet of religion.

That is equally as irrational as thinking if you strap a bomb to yourself and blow up the infidels that you will go straight to heaven and have 72 virgins just awaiting your arrival.

It's all about balance.Truth is, the problem is not the belief OR the religion. It's all about application. There are many good and righteous people who follow the bible and the commandmants. There are many good and righteous people who are atheists, agnostics or mystics.

It's merely about how you apply your belief system to the real world as to whether or not your system contributes in a positive way to the rest of mankind.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Strapping a bomb around your waist would seem to guarantee they will remain virgins.

Since He will send many 'to a not so pleasant room' I would be hesitant about that being a form of love. That would be a better example of anger. That the room is eventually opened would be an example of love. His anger doesn't pass without their being some form of chastisement.

Looking further into His ways, He had some people come back from the grave before Jesus went into the grave. If that could be done why not just call everybody out. Death is the price of sin, if you die, any sin committed is sealed up at that time, since Job talked with God I'm sure he got that part right.

Jesus, as the Son of Man, died as the final blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, does God deserve anything from man that would cover His sins on man. (ie any words that causes a death, OT times, no deaths were to be done in His name after that. If that covered temple sacrifices it also was equal to that out in the fields, no killing). It may have pleased God to have Jesus suffer death because the end result was 'quite good' for both Christ and man, that does not mean He didn't feel grief during the week of the cross.

Scripture says God's ways and thoughts are higher than ours. That should mean that God, the Holy Spirit, and Christ had thought all the possibilities out in full before anything at all existed. Starting with the creation of what we call Heaven, complete in form, complete in the number of Angels. Complete with fiery lake and the Angels understanding good and evil, they were under Law.
About the only thing they could 'tinker with, was mankind. Being the only 'begotten' was already given the power to undo anything Angels could do that would upset the original creation.

1Jo:3:8: He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Jesus would have had to 'agree' to leave His station in Heaven to be able to be called Son of Man, with that came experiencing death in the flesh.

That is what the mythical scriptures would point to, in a more practical application which religion do you think will make the most 'bullets' (killing instrument used by man against man).
Make a list of 'governments that would have an order for some bullets that needed filling to replace used stock. Make a sub-list of the religions of the people who process those orders so they have been shipped by the end of the day. Would one religion stand out? Would there be any workers who would come under 'no religion'?
Of the number of bullets used in one day how many would be fired with 'religion' as being the cause compared to other reasons (make a list) that was caused by things like greed, pure hate, etc.
Would religion take first place in all those different lists?

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
"Blood sacrifices...angels...devils..heaven"

Sounds like you got your full dose of scriptural gobbledy-gook at church this morning in RED DEER!

Did you make a generous tithe to support this whole house of cards and keep it going? After all, the christian government makes it tax deductible.

Must be a bit ironic for you though, getting a tax break on the one hand and having to endure the governments' rush to legalizing homosexual marriage. How do pious Christians rationalize the two, h'mmmm?

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
My goodness, what a sparse reaction to this thread!

Where are all our dear church going Christians?

Where is their soldier like defence of their one true God?

Are ye cowards?

Are ye serching teapots and old books for the proof of the old goat?

Are the RED DEER Rednecks hiding under the bed fingering their rosaries in hope of creating witty responses?

heh heh.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"Blood sacrifices...angels...devils..heaven"

Sounds like you got your full dose of scriptural gobbledy-gook at church this morning in RED DEER!

Did you make a generous tithe to support this whole house of cards and keep it going? After all, the christian government makes it tax deductible.

Must be a bit ironic for you though, getting a tax break on the one hand and having to endure the governments' rush to legalizing homosexual marriage. How do pious Christians rationalize the two, h'mmmm?
Actually I left with more than I came with, do I have to declare that as 'income'?
By not being a part of the 3 that are performing the ceremony.

My goodness, what a sparse reaction to this thread!

Where are all our dear church going Christians?

Where is their soldier like defence of their one true God?

Are ye cowards?

Are ye serching teapots and old books for the proof of the old goat?

Are the RED DEER Rednecks hiding under the bed fingering their rosaries in hope of witty responses?

heh heh.
I didn't realize this thread was going to be your whole day.
Has fear of abandonment been an issue with you for many years or is it a recent thing?

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
Actually I left with more than I came with, do I have to declare that as 'income'?

Say it ain't so! you took money OUT OF the collection plate? How Homer Simpson of you.

I didn't realize this thread was going to be your whole day.

It's not - I just love tormenting the self righteous. You've been useful.

Has fear of abandonment been an issue with you for many years or is it a recent thing?

Not sure what fear of abandonment means...please elaborate..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God ditched you when He wouldn't provide you with proof of His existence. That abandonment. Probably didn't strike down any of your enemies either. Ever have any unanswered prayers?

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
Oh YOOOHOO MHz;

sorry to make a point of it, I'm sure yer busy counting the shekels you scooped out of the collection plate this morning, but do be so kind as to illustrate how pious Christians such as yourself can on the one hand use church donations as tax deductions on your federeal income tax returns while at the same time contending that homosexuality is an abomination, but sanctioned by the same government you get tax deductions from.

To most people this reeks of hypocrisy, but as an experienced Christian I'm sure you have a rationalisation/"INTERPRETATION" that justifies it all.

Do yer best now...Jesus is watching!

mrgrumpy

Electoral Member
God ditched you when He wouldn't provide you with proof of His existence. That abandonment. Probably didn't strike down any of your enemies either. Ever have any unanswered prayers?

Sounds like you scooped a gallon of cheap altar wine and yer into it.

No, the old goat hasn't provided any "PROOF" of his existence. Has he to you?

Unlike you I don't have any enemies...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Strangely enough it was just the right amount for 5 loaves of bread and 2 l of wine. All of which I forgot when I had my chain come off (mysteriously) in front of the homeless shelter.
When I can throw in some nickels and dimes they have never offered me a receipt.
Why are you in dire need of proof? There are probably people out in the world that are having a worse time than you and they don't get any 'proof', yet you expect Him to provide proof to you. Be content that He might listen to your softest prayer about gaining a bit more knowledge of who knows the numbers of the hairs on your head.

Enemies are a side-effect of being right occasionally. I can understand why you don't have any.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
" When I can throw in some nickels and dimes they have never offered me a receipt."
No receipts = no deductions
Maybe I can claim my bandwidth charges when I talk to you?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The personal jabs can be taken to the cage gentlemen. The main forum threads are not the place for it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The World United Religionists - TWUR
The United World Religionist - TUWR
The World Religionists United- TWRU
The Religionists United World- TRUW

They'll never survive the first meeting.:lol:

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Mr Grumpy.

You seem absolutely certain there is no intelligence outside of the human brain. You even said to me in another thread you consider yourself to have free will. I think you can't logically prove how your free will can be possible at all and therefore I think you have FAITH that you have free will.

I challenge you to show me that faith in human free will is based on reality.