Immortals - Myth, Fantasy, Fact, Fiction?

Daemoen

Mar 6, 2007
This post may get a bit interesting, lets see what happens.
Question List: (others feel free to answer yourselves as well :p)
-----------------------------------------------------------
What are "Immortals"?
Who are they?
Where are they?
Why are they?
Is there only One?
How many are there?
Arent immortals gods?
-------------------------------------------------------
My answers.

Immortals are the eternal spirits that watch over mortals, protecting them from the thundering darkness that abounds around them in the multitude forms of demons and dark entities. They are near us always, though we often do not realize it. Is there only one? No, protecting mortals is far to cumbersome of a job for just one spirit. Hmmmm, how many are there... 5 bloodlines... * ponders * Nope, cant give a number, sorry. Immortals are NOT gods. They are pseudo gods, but not gods. They have many forms, abilities, gifts, etc that help them to help us.

---- Wonder where this discussion will turn :-D ---

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
no such creatures. Other eternal energies, similar to God perhaps, but immortal flesh and blood people/beings? Doubt it.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Immortals have focus and tenacity and wisdom. Teens don't. Ergo, they're not immortals. Some, of course, are upstarts. Nasty ones. That's a different matter.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Immortals have focus and tenacity and wisdom.
--------------------------Tamarin--------------------------------------

Why would Immortals automatically have focus, tenacity and wisdom ??

I understand why we mere mortals need to strive for such qualities in order
to survive longer, but why would an Immortal need any of those qualities ??

Seems like caprice would be the IMMORTAL's most outstanding feature.

And this is a great subject, since the human race is
striving to be immortal, or at least to double or triple our life spans.

Daemoen

Mar 6, 2007
To mention the Vampire.... Interesting, but it also depends on which you speak. There are those of fiction, and those of true Vampyric decent...

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
This post may get a bit interesting, lets see what happens.
Question List: (others feel free to answer yourselves as well :p)
-----------------------------------------------------------
What are "Immortals"?
Who are they?
Where are they?
Why are they?
Is there only One?
How many are there?
Arent immortals gods?
-------------------------------------------------------
My answers.

Immortals are the eternal spirits that watch over mortals, protecting them from the thundering darkness that abounds around them in the multitude forms of demons and dark entities. They are near us always, though we often do not realize it. Is there only one? No, protecting mortals is far to cumbersome of a job for just one spirit. Hmmmm, how many are there... 5 bloodlines... * ponders * Nope, cant give a number, sorry. Immortals are NOT gods. They are pseudo gods, but not gods. They have many forms, abilities, gifts, etc that help them to help us.

---- Wonder where this discussion will turn :-D ---

I like your post. The Goddess and God I follow are Fae and Pan. But what your post reminds me most of are Totems ......animal Spirits. 9 to be exact that are your life totems. They protect you all your life but dont reveal themselves all at once. I practice Solatary Wiccan/ Shamanism. Its all quite interesting. I especially like the point you made that its an INNER Spirit.