psychic/strange personal phenomena

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
This thread is for those strange experiences and wacky ghost stories.
Guess the scary part for some won't really be the stories but the ridicule one will get for posting it here. Seeming that I fear more the intent of little old ladies with a twinkle in they're eyes when looking at me than ridicule. But this one is a strange one with no weird mojo. The nutty ones will come later when I have my second cup of coffee.

This story dates May 2004. I worked for a friend that came from a remote part of the Provence, doing renovations. He had a friend named Frank came from his home town. Frank used to be a truck driver, he witnessed the second plane hitting the twin towers on 9/11. He also had a motorcyclist crash head on to his truck. This affected him to a point where he couldn't do that job any more. He admired his friend greatly, the one I worked for. Even told his stories as if it was his own , his friend being.
He also had a heavy drinking problem. Working with him was hard, couldn't measure couldn't cut a piece of wood with any precision. His friend took him in out of pity hoping he would shake out of it.
He was afraid of heights step ladder was too high for him, basically wasn't at all the job for him.
Yet he had stories of himself being brave and adventurous. Didn't believe him , his stories didn't match the character that was in front of me. Being blunt as I do at times I told him that his biggest fear was dieing. Well I know every body fears death in a way.
So out of curiosity I went to see his friend to chat and get some news and what was going on with Frank seeming I haven't seen him in months. My friend was complaining about how Frank always having bad news for him but for everyone else he was fine.
Frank told him that he just came out of the hospital. Tried to kill himself. My friend knowing him well asked him how tried to do it. Frank replied that he took a broken bottle and jabbed it in his back trying to puncture his kidney. My friend asked if he wasn't drunk instead and fell on a bear bottle . This story wasn't true he never even gone to the hospital.
Few weeks later my friend tells me that Frank was dead. The police report was that supposedly being intoxicated he let the dog out. Closing the door he tripped on a chair backwards fell on a bottle puncturing his kidney. A trail of blood led to the bathroom apparently to try to patch himself up. then it led to his bed where he bled to death. Unlucky soul his father was dead a few months earlier, and his own funeral fell on his 38th birthday .
So the lie became a prediction of some sort.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I had a friend, her and I were like brother and sister. We did a lot of things together and we teased each other a lot. I also became good friends with her husband too. We had a falling out, her and I, that lasted a couple of years. The fall of 2000 she called me. I was suspicious , something must be wrong here. Eventually I found out her husband had a tumour behind his left eye, pushing it out. This was operated on several times, but always came back. This came to a point where they had to remove the eye , if not it meant his death, it was that critical. The doctors put a huge skin patch over his eye, was weird to look at him. On his birthday Feb 4th I took him out with two other friends . I played the designated driver. We had a blast. The next day he called me to say thank you. This was very much not in his character to do so. There was a business trip to Chicago where he had a seizure and was brought to the hospital. His brain scan showed that the tumour which was minute grew exponentially.
It was a wednesday at 5;00 pm. I was getting ready to go to my Tai-chi class. There was a heavy feeling of wanting to cry ,had to fight back the tears. No I didn't cook any onions nor stub my toe. Off to class I go, everything went well while I was there. Coming back home that feeling started to hit me again.
I get home too see I had a message on the answering machine, it was 11:30. It was my friend telling me her husband was at the hospital and it was very critical, didn't think he was going to make it. She went to the bus terminal to pick him up at 5. There he was on the ground bleeding from every orifice in his head. He died that night 30 minutes after I called back. He was 35 yrs old. 26 of March

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Whether explanable or not, those circumstances and events would leave a strange impression.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This is fully explanable but sometimes dreams can leave an odd feeling. My dad was first married in the 1940's and divorced in the same decade. He remarried my mom, then died in 2000. Last week I had a dream where I was in a restaurant and this woman sat down at my table. She was talking to me about my dad. Then, he walked in. He sat down and introduced me to her as his ex wife. They were both very concerned about something, but I don't know what.

I woke up with a very strange feeling. Nothing to show for it but it was one of the dreams that you never forget.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I dreamt of my grand father that died a year before I was born.
Dreamt of my grandmother (dead)and grandfather (live) driving in a long pointy hood pickup truck
when they were newly weds.
Most of the dead people I know come to me in my dreams.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
The thing I love about such stories is that they give you hope. If psychic phenomena are real then we can't be but bone and dust. We are part of something much bigger. There is something out there. What....I'm not sure.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I've already told the story of the premonition of my great grandmother's death in another thread. Certainly, the most harrowing experience of the "other" that I've had. But I've had many unusual experiences over the years.
I remember when my grandfather lay in a coma in Hamilton in 1989. We'd been to see him and I'd felt anger at my uncle. My 'pa' had been there over two weeks before he'd lapsed into this coma and my uncle had never phoned. Fearing that the great old man was just about to die, he'd finally informed us about what was going on. My grandfather had been a vet of the Great War and had loved to tell stories and he had been a remarkably happy man. It was early May of that year and my brother and I could only sit there a half hour and stare at a man who seemed totally unaware we were there.
He didn't die as expected that week. About May 20 my brother idly remarked to me, "It might seem strange but I think I know what's happening here."
I looked at him. "I think he's trying to hang on and die the same day dad did."
Pa was still in a coma but on the morning of May 23 I got up and prepared for work and I noticed something at the breakfast table. My watch was losing time. It had to be only a battery but I felt sick. I said to my sweetie, "My grandfather is dying. I know he is." On the road I kept checking my watch and hoping I was wrong. At work I was called to several duties and temporarily forgot about the time. And then I remembered. My watch had stopped. It was just past ten. It was the same day my father had died many years before. I got a call at lunch. My grandfather was dead.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
well I have had a lot of synchronicities with people that seem to beattached to at the time . Like phoning a friend and him doing the same at the same time that the phone doesn't ring. Teasing a waitress and staring at her from across the room and sticking our tounges out at each other at the same time. Dreaming of the birth of a friends baby that night that it's born, not having talked to them 4 months before. Haveing the same dream of winning 300,000 dollars with your girl friend the same night while you were 50 miles apart.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
This is fully explanable but sometimes dreams can leave an odd feeling. My dad was first married in the 1940's and divorced in the same decade. He remarried my mom, then died in 2000. Last week I had a dream where I was in a restaurant and this woman sat down at my table. She was talking to me about my dad. Then, he walked in. He sat down and introduced me to her as his ex wife. They were both very concerned about something, but I don't know what.

I woke up with a very strange feeling. Nothing to show for it but it was one of the dreams that you never forget.

for example if your driving and you see a billboard with his brand of cigs the next thing your attention grabs might be a hint of what he is trying to tell you.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I'm a believer in the power of time and anniversaries. Surely, some here have had an unusual thing occur on the anniversary....be it a day, week or a year after something important has happened. Time is an element that seems to be wedded to such happenings. The invisible hands of a much larger clock appearing in our lives.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Mine is a timex andthe batteries need to be changed . Things seem for me to be ten years behind .

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
In my life numbers play a big deal. 6 and 4 plays a lot and for a certain subject the number 30
Born in 64 on the 6th month and the 4th day at 6:35 . 5 minutes more or the clock was slow.
The strangest is in numerology by Dan Millman I'm a 30/3
My history with this number goes as .. The day I got together with my girl friend was a 30.
The day we broke up was a 30. The day she died was a 30.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Interesting the 30 connection. Obviously, it's meaningful to you. Most observers would say: coincidence! They might be right. Otherwise, one would have to consider the possibility that our lives are caught up in a web of governance no earth polity could possibly wish to emulate. And if our lives are a network of these carefully conceived connections who's running the tech shop?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Your stories got me thinking. I've shared in other threads some of the premonitions I've seen, some of the dreams I've had about people, etc. But the one thing I haven't ever discussed is a physical link that manifested itself. My husband, barely a month before we were married, was working out of town when he suffered a fairly major hand injury. In trying to save a shop hand from certain severe injury, he grabbed hold of a falling piece of equipment, and managed to change it's path enough to prevent it striking the shophand in the spine. But, the piece of equipment hit the ground with his hand still inside, and crushed his left hand ring finger. It split wide open, and the bones were broken. Much of the damage (missed at the first hospital and corrected upon a bandage change at a different one later), was to his nailbed which was crushed out of his finger. So, one month to go before the wedding, his nail was falling off and his finger was mangled and scarred beyond belief. It healed nicely though, and the week before the wedding the swelling started to subside, and the nail began to grow back. But, because of the damage to the bed, it grew back in with a ridge down the middle of it. On my left hand ring finger, for no apparent reason, I grew a matching ridge. We can't help but chuckle at our matching 'scars'. Sure, skeptics can easily shrug it off as a funny coincidence, but it strikes me as too odd in timing.