The Bible is Fiction: A Collection Of Evidence

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The similarities between the stories and characters in the Bible and those from previous mythologies are both undeniable and well-documented. This would be obvious if it weren’t for early indoctrination of these beliefs into children, which usually makes them unassailable as adults.

In this short piece I’ll attempt to show extraordinary similarities with regard to two of the most important Biblical narratives: the Genesis story and the character of Jesus Christ.

The Book of Genesis’s Flood Story Mirrors The Epic Of Gilgamesh From Hundreds Of Years Earlier

Here are a number of elements that both Gilgamesh and the flood story in Genesis share:

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/the-bible-is-fiction-a-collection-of-evidence/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
possibly according to the water marks on the sphinxes they weren't deserts then
its a thing called history
read some

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
possibly according to the water marks on the sphinxes they weren't deserts then
its a thing called history
read some

You mean, those Sphynxes built on the banks of the Nile?
Get yourself a map.

They weren't deserts, back then but the were arid.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The similarities between the stories and characters in the Bible and those from previous mythologies are both undeniable and well-documented. This would be obvious if it weren’t for early indoctrination of these beliefs into children, which usually makes them unassailable as adults.

In this short piece I’ll attempt to show extraordinary similarities with regard to two of the most important Biblical narratives: the Genesis story and the character of Jesus Christ.

The Book of Genesis’s Flood Story Mirrors The Epic Of Gilgamesh From Hundreds Of Years Earlier

Here are a number of elements that both Gilgamesh and the flood story in Genesis share:

https://danielmiessler.com/blog/the-bible-is-fiction-a-collection-of-evidence/

and they talk about Christians being literalists. :roll:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I believe Jesus was a real person the same as i believe that Buddha was a real person. But i dont believe that Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, i dont believe he fed 200 people with f@ck all, i dont believe he walked on water, etc...

Edit** i remember getting a detention in grade school because i said that jesus couldnt feed 200 people with a couple of fish and loaves of bread.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The feeding 200 with f-ck all was easy. People carried food on them and he just got them to share.

The "Flood" was the formation of the Black Sea. Gilgamesh wasn't Egyptian, He was from Mesopotamia. The other side of some mountains from the Black Sea.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Even though atheists give some weird explanation that the religion developed and evolved from the idolatry then into the monotheism then into the atheism according to their claim; but the opposite is the true explanation: that God's religion is the first religion then the idolatry and the atheism is the deviation from God's religion which He revealed to His prophets and messengers.

So there is the standard God's religion which is the monotheism that is the religion prevailing in all the planets and the entire universe:

all creatures submit themselves to the Creator whether willingly or by loath: the believers willingly in both the life of the World and in the Next Life, and the disbelievers by force may be in the Next Life.

There is the standard way of God's dealing with people: how he deals in the same way with the associaters and idolaters: he destroys them after sending them one or more warners.

So the drowning was not for Noah's people alone, but God drowned many peoples with this flood like the drowning of Pharoh and his host in the sea, in addition to many other peoples and nations.

Other ways of destroying the disbelievers are the hurricanes like Aad's people, the earthquake like Midian's people of Shuayb, and the people of Lot and the tribe of Thamood and others.

Therefore, when we see some similarities and other stories similar to Noah's flood, this does not mean that the flood was not true; it was true and it happened in Iraq, near Nineveh.

=================================================================
Among the people whom God drowned and afflicted by the torrent were the people of Sheba in Yemen:

Quran 34: 16, which means:
{But they turned away; so We loosed on them the ‘Violent Torrent of ‘Arim’, and [afterwards] and in place of their two [excellent] gardens We gave to them two gardens yielding bitter produce and tamarisk-bushes, and [here and there] a few lote-trees.}

More details about their story and the explanation is in this link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/34.htm#a34_15
quran-ayat.com/pret/34.htm#a34_15

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Even though atheists give some weird explanation that the religion developed and evolved from the idolatry then into the monotheism then into the atheism according to their claim; but the opposite is the true explanation: that God's religion is the first religion then the idolatry and the atheism is the deviation from God's religion which He revealed to His prophets and messengers.

So there is the standard God's religion which is the monotheism that is the religion prevailing in all the planets and the entire universe:

all creatures submit themselves to the Creator whether willingly or by loath: the believers willingly in both the life of the World and in the Next Life, and the disbelievers by force may be in the Next Life.

There is the standard way of God's dealing with people: how he deals in the same way with the associaters and idolaters: he destroys them after sending them one or more warners.

So the drowning was not for Noah's people alone, but God drowned many peoples with this flood like the drowning of Pharoh and his host in the sea, in addition to many other peoples and nations.

Other ways of destroying the disbelievers are the hurricanes like Aad's people, the earthquake like Midian's people of Shuayb, and the people of Lot and the tribe of Thamood and others.

Therefore, when we see some similarities and other stories similar to Noah's flood, this does not mean that the flood was not true; it was true and it happened in Iraq, near Nineveh.

=================================================================
Among the people whom God drowned and afflicted by the torrent were the people of Sheba in Yemen:

Quran 34: 16, which means:
{But they turned away; so We loosed on them the ‘Violent Torrent of ‘Arim’, and [afterwards] and in place of their two [excellent] gardens We gave to them two gardens yielding bitter produce and tamarisk-bushes, and [here and there] a few lote-trees.}

More details about their story and the explanation is in this link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/34.htm#a34_15
quran-ayat.com/pret/34.htm#a34_15
It re-populated ...

.. unfortunately.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I have an idea I thought about it just now: the planets have on them people worshipping God the Creaotor, or else such planets would have been destroyed.
Similarly, the earth bears people who worship God alone (till now); hadn't such monotheists been present on earth, the earth would have been torn up and its Doomsday would have come.

It re-populated ...

.. unfortunately.

Almost you may be in the coming list; God is the All-Knowing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have an idea I thought about it just now: the planets have on them people worshipping God the Creaotor, or else such planets would have been destroyed.
Similarly, the earth bears people who worship God alone (till now); hadn't such monotheists been present on earth, the earth would have been torn up and its Doomsday would have come.

That would explain why all of the Muslims live in sunblasted desert wastelands that don't have enough water, can't grow enough food, are totalitarian nightmares and the Christian West has all of what it needs in abundance. Allah has rewarded you for your bad behaviour.

Oil? That was a test. Islam failed. People are starving right this moment in large numbers in Yemen but just across the way, they built Dubai ... an abomination ... a monument to Muslim greed and excess and waste. Does a penny of their gold reach the starving of Yemen, South Sudan?

I thought not.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Of course most of it is fiction. As are the parables. They are stories meant to teach a message. Literalism came about somewhere in the 19th century by fanatical nutcases. Maybe a little earlier those crazy azz Puritans took some things literal too.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Well there is the political and spiritual Biblical accounts.
I think this was more of a political and social document.
Jesus was not a conservative but his message was in
turn hijacked by the conservative movement and turned
a spiritual movement into one dictated by dogma and it
went to hell from there. Oh Christianity is in large numbers
strong and so on. The problem is Jesus didn't come to
start Christianity he came to reform Judaism
The accounts in the bible were stories told to those who
were not literate. The conservative religious movement in
turn interprets everything literally instead of what the original
message intended