If they come to my door they will get the Jehovah


tay
#1
Witness treatment.......


Paris, Ontario is among communities that will be covered in an education campaign called Islam Understood by the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association

The group is launching a nationwide campaign on Sunday in 65 communities to give Canadians a chance to learn about the teachings of Islam. Other nearby communities include Woodstock, Tillsonburg and Norwich,

The campaign involves door-to-door canvassing in thousands of neighbourhoods, as well as social media messages and special exhibitions in major cities.

"At a time when Islam is one of the most widely searched topics online Canadian Muslim youth feel the need to bring forward a platform that provides fellow Canadians an authentic source to learn about the faith and break down misconceptions first-hand," Noman Khalil, national executive director with the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community's department of faith outreach, said in a news release.

"Recent shifts in the political climate and the increasing controversy surrounding Islam and Muslims in the west have created misunderstandings about Islam and a growing apprehension of Muslims. While some Canadians have engaged their Muslim friends and neighbours, others have become distanced.

"In light of the recent tragic events in Quebec and the recent controversy over anti-Islamophobia, the campaign comes at a time when curiosity about Islam is at its high and questions are numerous. Islam Understood endeavours to build bridges of understanding by showing Canadians the true face of Islam."

Ahmadiyya Muslim Community is a non-profit charitable religious organization in more than 206 countries with 86 chapters throughout Canada.

Going door to door in Paris to explain Islam | Brantford Expositor (external - login to view)
 
Tecumsehsbones
#2
The freedom to answer the door with a gun in your hand is one of the pure pleasures of being an American!
 
TenPenny
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot dead is one of the great things about Canada.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot dead is one of the great things about Canada.

Tell it to the Moncton Mounties.
 
lone wolf
+1
#5
Will they be selling Islam as originally taught or the many variants every tribe and sect have bastardized into their own version?
 
TenPenny
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Tell it to the Moncton Mounties.


They weren't knocking on doors.
 
Twila
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot dead is one of the great things about Canada.

Unless you're native and living in the prairies.
 
TenPenny
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Unless you're native and living in the prairies.



how very true.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

how very true.

So, I take it what you actually meant, underneath your lie, was "the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot is one of the nice things about the non-prairie portions of Canada."

I guess things could get dicey on the 100th meridian. Are you on the Great Plains yet, or still in the safe part of Canada?
 
Mokkajava
#10
I don't think I would exactly give them the JW treatment.. I don't see them as trying to convert people as much as inform them ... and cut through some of the misconceptions.
I don't think I would give them a lot of time though... but the JWs I usually reserve utter contempt for.
 
Twila
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

So, I take it what you actually meant, underneath your lie, was "the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot is one of the nice things about the non-prairie portions of Canada."

I guess things could get dicey on the 100th meridian. Are you on the Great Plains yet, or still in the safe part of Canada?

Given that this is Canada, it's very hard for some people to remember that we still have extreme racism towards Natives.

If it weren't for a friend of mine from Sask, I'd not know how violent Sask is for natives still. still.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#12
I would do the same thing, if it's women muslims, that I did with women Jehova witnesses years ago....Strip down to my boxer short to open the door...
Although years ago...it was accidental,,,It was early in the morning and the knock on the door, I thought was a friend picking me up to go fishing, and I had overslept, and wasn't dressed yet........
 
Jinentonix
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

the freedom to knock on someone's door and not fear being shot dead is one of the great things about Canada.

I just love how some people think it's perfectly acceptable to disturb people at home for bullsh*t reasons. I don't tolerate the Mormons or the JWs pounding on my door, I sure as hell won't be tolerating any Muslims trying it.

"Hi, we'd like to tell you about an ancient superstition that's been warped into some idiotic, nonsensical religion."
 
Danbones
#14
hang out a shingle charging professional rates
buck twenty an hour for head shrinking
 
Tecumsehsbones
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

I just love how some people think it's perfectly acceptable to disturb people at home for bullsh*t reasons. I don't tolerate the Mormons or the JWs pounding on my door, I sure as hell won't be tolerating any Muslims trying it.

"Hi, we'd like to tell you about an ancient superstition that's been warped into some idiotic, nonsensical religion."

Now, now. Some of them are pre-preservation health codes that have been warped into idiotic, nonsensical religions.
 
TenPenny
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

I just love how some people think it's perfectly acceptable to disturb people at home for bullsh*t reasons. I don't tolerate the Mormons or the JWs pounding on my door, I sure as hell won't be tolerating any Muslims trying it.

"Hi, we'd like to tell you about an ancient superstition that's been warped into some idiotic, nonsensical religion."


I just love how some people think knocking on your door is a personal assault. What a terrible way to live.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I just love how some people think knocking on your door is a personal assault. What a terrible way to live.

Not an assault, an annoyance. And given the actual value of your average religious nut, shooting 'em's just good cost-benefit analysis.
 
Jinentonix
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

I just love how some people think knocking on your door is a personal assault. What a terrible way to live.

I just love the way you resort to reductio ad absurdum. What a terrible way to think.
If you are knocking on my door unsolicited, then you are disturbing my peace, period. What gives you or anyone else the right to come to my door and peddle your worthless beliefs? And don't give me any of that Freedom of Religion crap either because that freedom also means Freedom FROM Religion.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

I just love the way you resort to reductio ad absurdum. What a terrible way to think.
If you are knocking on my door unsolicited, then you are disturbing my peace, period. What gives you or anyone else the right to come to my door and peddle your worthless beliefs? And don't give me any of that Freedom of Religion crap either because that freedom also means Freedom FROM Religion.

Actually it doesn't, but I take your meaning, and agree wholeheartedly.

I don't know what the law is up yonder, but hereabouts a sign that says "Posted. No Trespassing" means when they step on your property, it's criminal trespass because they already had their "trespass warning."
 
DaSleeper
#20
When I first bought my house and was working night shift, the "no solicitor" sign didn't seem to stop people from knocking and waking me up so what I did was install a doorbell button with no doorbell....
Believe it or not, it worked 99% of the time.....

Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Actually it doesn't, but I take your meaning, and agree wholeheartedly.

I don't know what the law is up yonder, but hereabouts a sign that says "Posted. No Trespassing" means when they step on your property, it's criminal trespass because they already had their "trespass warning."

Fall under Provincial regulation
In Ontario....
Trespassing on someone's property - Legal Line (external - login to view)
 
Cliffy
#21
If Hell's Angels acted like JWs, they would knock on your door and tell you to Phuk Off.
 
petros
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by TwilaView Post

Unless you're native and living in the prairies.

The Natives don't knock when doing home invasions.
 
TenPenny
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

I just love the way you resort to reductio ad absurdum. What a terrible way to think.
If you are knocking on my door unsolicited, then you are disturbing my peace, period. What gives you or anyone else the right to come to my door and peddle your worthless beliefs? And don't give me any of that Freedom of Religion crap either because that freedom also means Freedom FROM Religion.



You should move to someplace where 'society' and 'community' and not recognized. Your hatred for everyone is amazing.
 
Twila
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Natives don't knock when doing home invasions.

Neither do white people.
 
no new posts