Are all believers in God automatically idol worshipers?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

All believers in God are following an entity that they only know by what other people have said about that God. Few, if any, know their God from apotheosis or first-hand information.

That fact makes whoever that God is, an idol.

It must be so, as what is believed is not a known or real entity. Believers have no real or personal knowledge or experience of their God. All a believer can have is faith in whichever God they are idolizing based on what others have said.

Do you, as a believer, recognize that you are an idol worshiper?

Regards
DL

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I hate the feeling of cutting fingernails too short.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

All believers in God are following an entity that they only know by what other people have said about that God. Few, if any, know their God from apotheosis or first-hand information.

It must be so, as what is believed is not a known or real entity. Believers have no real or personal knowledge or experience of their God. All a believer can have is faith in whichever God they are idolizing based on what others have said.

Regards
DL

This in fact is a fallacy, or what we call: (A word of truth, but intending falsehood.)

Of course God is to be worshiped, sanctified, glorified and hollified.

God is the god and lord of the heavens and the earth; the Lord of all nations, the Creator of everything; He is the deity of course. No god in the entire universe but God (or Yahweh or Allah) alone without associate.

If some think that God is the same as Jesus Christ ... of course, this is an example of the wrong conception.

If the poster means: each people imagine God as they like ... it may have some truth.

=============================================================

Some fanatic people here, like Walter the falsehood follower, rates may post as - minus; heh; what he objects in fact is according to his falsehood resting on no sound base but only may be his enthusiasm about Jesus Christ.

So I rate him as minus. heh heh. :D

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
I think the term "believer" doesn't accurately describe a lot of people today who can't otherwise be described as "non-believers". The whole "God" question falls firmly in the realm of un-provable by current scientific method and for many that means that there is no God, which is in itself an assumption without proof. I tend to lump true believers into the same category as unswaying atheists, both claim positive knowledge based on incomplete information. While not technically a believer myself, I am open to the possibility that there may be some as yet undiscovered unifying force at play in the universe. It feels like there should be something more, something we haven't seen yet but exists nonetheless.

"It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the universe together."
- Obiwan Kenobi

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
There is a difference between believing and knowing

Slight differences only both are supposed to be produced from facts.

If you had said faith instead of belief, then I would agree 100%.

Regards
DL

This in fact is a fallacy, or what we call: (A word of truth, but intending falsehood.)

Of course God is to be worshiped, sanctified, glorified and hollified.

God is the god and lord of the heavens and the earth; the Lord of all nations, the Creator of everything; He is the deity of course. No god in the entire universe but God (or Yahweh or Allah) alone without associate.

If some think that God is the same as Jesus Christ ... of course, this is an example of the wrong conception.

If the poster means: each people imagine God as they like ... it may have some truth.

=============================================================

Some fanatic people here, like Walter the falsehood follower, rates may post as - minus; heh; what he objects in fact is according to his falsehood resting on no sound base but only may be his enthusiasm about Jesus Christ.

So I rate him as minus. heh heh. :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

" If the poster means: each people imagine God as they like ... it may have some truth. "

Every God is a mental construct and all are different just as all minds are different.

You too have invented your own version from the words of others and not from any direct revelation from the God you think you know.

Right?

Regards
DL

I think the term "believer" doesn't accurately describe a lot of people today who can't otherwise be described as "non-believers". The whole "God" question falls firmly in the realm of un-provable by current scientific method and for many that means that there is no God, which is in itself an assumption without proof. I tend to lump true believers into the same category as unswaying atheists, both claim positive knowledge based on incomplete information. While not technically a believer myself, I am open to the possibility that there may be some as yet undiscovered unifying force at play in the universe. It feels like there should be something more, something we haven't seen yet but exists nonetheless.

"It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the universe together."
- Obiwan Kenobi

"for many that means that there is no God, which is in itself an assumption without proof."

I do not quite agree as I see the absence of God as proof that there is no God as described by most religions. That absence is more evidence against a God than anything the religious have produced.

Regards
DL

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Yes, but there is quite a chasm between "evidence" and "proof". It's a leap of faith to come down on either side of the fence in this argument as the information at hand is woefully incomplete. Is God in fact absent, or just out of sight? Science has yet to explain human consciousness but there is little doubt of its existence, is it not more than a little arrogant to assume that there is no higher force at work given that our view of the universe is in its relative infancy? I think my point is that we just don't know for sure one way or the other so there is little basis for anything more than conjecture at this point in time.

It also bears mentioning that our various concepts of just what form "God" takes brings a lot of confusion into the game. It far too easy, and way too misleading to apply human characteristics to whatever form "God" might take. The idea of a conscious entity with his/her thumbs on the buttons of the universe seems awful juvenile to me, if there is some greater force at work I think it more likely that it will be physicists who track it down, not someone standing at a pulpit waving a book around, and it will apply to the universe at such a basic level as to underlay the very essence of existence itself. that would pretty much warrant the title of "God" wouldn't it?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Yes, but there is quite a chasm between "evidence" and "proof". It's a leap of faith to come down on either side of the fence in this argument as the information at hand is woefully incomplete. Is God in fact absent, or just out of sight? Science has yet to explain human consciousness but there is little doubt of its existence, is it not more than a little arrogant to assume that there is no higher force at work given that our view of the universe is in its relative infancy? I think my point is that we just don't know for sure one way or the other so there is little basis for anything more than conjecture at this point in time.

It also bears mentioning that our various concepts of just what form "God" takes brings a lot of confusion into the game. It far too easy, and way too misleading to apply human characteristics to whatever form "God" might take. The idea of a conscious entity with his/her thumbs on the buttons of the universe seems awful juvenile to me, if there is some greater force at work I think it more likely that it will be physicists who track it down, not someone standing at a pulpit waving a book around, and it will apply to the universe at such a basic level as to underlay the very essence of existence itself. that would pretty much warrant the title of "God" wouldn't it?

Perhaps, if we define God as other than what religions give.

That would not be a God whose instructions and commands, all given to us by people, are worthy of heed, especially when secular thinking has bested most of the biblical and Qur'anic laws.

"the information at hand is woefully incomplete."

No argument but absence is a proof that cannot be denied. Atheists 1, theists 0.

Regards
DL

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
No argument but absence is a proof that cannot be denied.

"Absence of proof" can be a transient thing. It was once globally accepted that the world was flat, a belief which continued until it was proved erroneous. That doesn't mean that the world was flat until we discovered it was round does it? Is it so hard to say "I don't know" ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Regards
DL

Not if your cult has the one true God.. Fortunately for believers all cults profess to have a direct line to the real God.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
NO!!!

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
"Absence of proof" can be a transient thing. It was once globally accepted that the world was flat, a belief which continued until it was proved erroneous. That doesn't mean that the world was flat until we discovered it was round does it? Is it so hard to say "I don't know" ?

But I do know that God is absent.

Why would I say that I do not know if God is absent when I do know that as a fact?

Your comment would be more appropriate to give to those who claim that there is a God without any proof at all.

I am not what most would call an atheist but speaking as just an opened minded thinker. Atheists 1, theists 0.

Regards
DL

Not if your cult has the one true God.. Fortunately for believers all cults profess to have a direct line to the real God.

Indeed. They are all liars.

Regards
DL

Your argument has changed my views.

You have shown the usual theist intelligence and overwhelmed my argument.

Regards
DL

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Every God is a mental construct and all are different just as all minds are different

This assertion of yours is not true; God is not a mental construct, God is the True Being, but some people have misconception about God Almighty and Most Gracious: the Creator.

Some deny Him, others associate other beings with Him in the worship and in the belief: something like idolatry.

The true belief is in God alone: the Eternal and the Creator and all others are His servants whom He created with His might and wisdom.

I am as are many others (who are the believers) are not like what you say.

God is True; He sent His messengers and prophets and revealed His books; some may be like you who do not believe and others do believe. So I believe in God and in His messengers and in His books in addition to believing in the Next Life.

You too have invented your own version from the words of others and not from any direct revelation from the God you think you know.

This assertion of yours is not true.
I believed in God alone without associate: the Creator and the Eternal.
Then I believed in the Quran which is the God's revelation, that guided me more into more guidance and knowledge.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Not mine, yours. You are the one that is the devil worshiper.

I will be patient with you; prove it.

The Glorious Quran warns people about the devil, in a large number of the Quran ayat or revelations, like this one in the
Quran 35: 6
{To you Satan is an enemy h; so take him for an enemy [and do not follow his orders.]
He calls his party
i [in the life of the World] only that [in the Next Life] they may be among the inhabitants of the Blaze.}

h So he invites you to your destruction, disgrace and shame.

i To the disbelief and association and to God’s disobedience.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

============================================================

See here about the devil according to the Quran and its interpretation:

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/1.htm#Devils_

And here about Satan (or Iblies):
http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/1.htm#Satan

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I will be patient with you; prove it.

The Glorious Quran warns people about the devil, in a large number of the Quran ayat or revelations, like this one in the
Quran 35: 6
{To you Satan is an enemy h; so take him for an enemy [and do not follow his orders.]
He calls his party
i [in the life of the World] only that [in the Next Life] they may be among the inhabitants of the Blaze.}

h So he invites you to your destruction, disgrace and shame.

i To the disbelief and association and to God’s disobedience.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

I need not prove anything. You following the quran and hillbilly proves you are a devil worshiper. Christ had foretold and warned about false prophets like mohamed. Unfortunately, there are many like yourself, that are too weak and easily brainwashed. I hope you like things "hot".