The great soora of the friday

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
This is the soora 62 in the book of the Quran, in which the word 'friday' is mentioned in Arabic.

Soora 62

(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

1. [All birds] that [fly] in the [gaseous] heavens a and [all beasts] that [move] on the earth glorify God, the Sovereign, the All-Sacred [: Sanctified by His angels], the All-Mighty, the Most Wise. b

2. It is [God] Who has sent – unto these [Meccans c] who read not [any heavenly book] – a messenger d out of themselves:
to recite to them His revelations [of the Quran],
to purify them [from the disbelief, the association and sins],
and to teach them [the reading and writing and statements of] the Book [: the Quran] and the admonition;
although before [his coming] they were in error [far from the way of the truth], obvious [to every intelligent man.]

3. And [to teach the wisdom and the Quran to] some e [in the future] other them, who have not yet joined them. And He is the All-Mighty, the Most Wise.

4. That [Book and wisdom] is the grace of God which He bestows on whom [of His servants] He pleases; for God is Lord of mighty grace [to His servants, especially to prophets, messengers and those who believe in them.]

a i.e. in the sky.

b These names have been explained in the interpretation of the Quran 59: 23-24.

c The capital of the cities that are round about it.

d He is Mohammed, one of the people of their city, one of their tribesmen and one of their chiefs and nobles.

e They are everyone who comes to Islam following the companions of the Prophet, till Doomsday. Such teaching will be from some of them to others; the Quran being the essence of such teaching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQd7M81YtQ

==============================================================

{ Quran 62: 5. The likeness of those [Jews] who were entrusted with [the statements and laws of] the Torah [of Moses], yet applied it not a, is as the likeness of the *** carrying the Books [of the prophets of the Old Testament.]
Evil is the likeness of people
b who deny the [past and the present] revelations c of God.
And God guides not the people doing wrong [to others.]
d

6. Say, [Mohammed]: "O Jews, in case you claim that you are favorite friends of God, apart from other people e, then do long for death if you are truthful [in your claim that God loves you.]"

[Then God – be glorified – disapproved their claim, and He said:]
7. But they will never long for the [death], on account of [the crimes, wrong-doing and disobedience] that their hands have forwarded [to the Next Life.]
God is All-Knowing about the wrong-doers
g.

8. Say [Mohammed to them:] "Death which you try to evade will inevitably overtake you h, then [following your death] shall you be brought back to [the judgment of God] Who knows [both] the hidden and the open [of your deeds]; and then He shall inform [and punish] you about what [evil deeds] you have done.}

a i.e. neither did they apply it, nor did they read it every day, but they neglected about it: leaving it wrapped with silk.
So the likeness of these is as the likeness of an *** carrying the Books of the Prophets, written in the collection of the Torah; to each prophet is his particular book.

b i.e. these people, and any people who are like them.

c It means: they had denied the revelations of their prophets as they have denied the revelations of the Quran.

d The following are some of the statements which God prescribed for them and written in their Torah; but they contradicted some of them, abandoned some and yet altered some others statements:

I - [The washing after copulation:]
One of such statements which God commanded them to do, but they abandoned is the washing after copulation which they abandoned, and Jews do not wash after copulation.
For it is mentioned in the Torah collection, Book of the Levites, chapter 22: 4-7
“And whoso touches anything that is unclean by the dead, or a man whose seed goes from him [like: after sexual intercourse with his wife];
5 or whosoever touches any creeping thing, whereby he may be made unclean, or a man of whom he may take uncleanness, whatsoever uncleanness he has;
6 the soul that touches any such shall be unclean until the even, and shall not eat of the holy things, unless he bathes his flesh in water.
7 And when the sun is down, he shall be clean.”

II - [Prohibition of wine:]
About the prohibition of wine; it is in the Book of Numbers, chapter 6:
“And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying,
2 Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves to the Lord:
3 He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes.”
And it is mentioned in the Book of Isaiah, chapter 5 the following:
“11 Woe to them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them!
12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the Lord, neither consider the operation of his hands.”
So this is some of what is written in their Torah about the prohibition of the wine, but they drink wine till drunkenness, and say it is lawful to us.

III - [The prohibition of the usury:]
About the prohibition of the usury or the interest, the following is mentioned in the Book of Leviticus, chapter 25:
“35 And if your brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with you; then you shall relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with you.
36 Take you no usury of him, or increase: but fear your God; that your brother may live with you.
37 You shall not give him your money upon usury, nor lend him your victuals for increase.”
This is some of what is mentioned about the prohibition of the usury or the interest, but they work with it and do not care.
For the usury (or the interest) is forbidden to every man and in all religions, whether he be your brother or a stranger, but they distorted it using the word “your brother”, in order to make it lawful to take the usury from others.

IV - And about their association and worshipping the idols and statues and their killing of the prophets and their many indecent acts: I have mentioned some of them in the interpretation of the Quran 2: 51, 79 and 83 [and in details in my book The Conflict between the Torah and the Quran.]
The Disagreement of the
The Disagreement of the
The Disagreement of the
The Disagreement of the

e It means: If you claim that God loves you in preference to other people.

g It means: Jews who wrong people and plunder their rights.

h And none can escape.

===============================================

[Then God – be glorified – addressed the believers and said:]
Quran 62: 9. O you who believe, when the call is proclaimed to the prayers a on Friday, hasten earnestly to mention God b and leave off trafficking c.
That [: God's mentioning] is better for you [than trafficking] if you did but know
d.

10. And when the prayer is finished, then go about in the land [to visit your relatives and your patients], seeking [by that] the grace [and reward] of God, and mention God so much [with gratitude e]: that you may be successful [in the Next Life.]

[The Prophet was addressing on the rostrum on Friday, when a caravan of Dihia arrived (before the conversion of Dihia), and they had a drum on which they nocked to announce the arrival of the trading caravan, as was their custom before the Islam; so all people, except twelve men, went out of the mosque to the caravan and left the Prophet standing. Therefore, His saying – be glorified – was revealed:]

11. When they find some merchandise or pastime-diversion f, they go headlong to it g and leave you [Mohammed] standing [: delivering the Friday sermon.]
Say, [Mohammed, to them]: "What [reward and recompense] with God, is better [for you] than pastime and merchandise
h, and God is the Best of providers i.

a It means: When the ‘caller to the prayers’ calls to the prayers.

b It means: To the prayers, and mention God in the prayers, before it and after it; it is the prayers of Friday; it must be in group, and it does not substitute the midday prayers. [i.e. it should be performed in addition to the mid-day prayers.]
The indication of this is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 2: 238, which means:
([O believers!] you shall consistently observe the [obliged daily] prayers and the favored prayer [of Friday.])

c i.e. refrain from selling and buying in the time of the prayers; so do not busy yourselves with the selling and buying, lest you may miss the Friday prayers.

d What reward is with God for those who celebrate His praises.

e For the wealth, children and health that He bestowed on you.

f Which is the drum.

g i.e. they disperse away from you, and go to the merchandise.

h By which you may gain some profit in the life of the World.

i Therefore, no need that you leave the mosque and go out of it at the time of the sermon; for He may provide you whenever He pleases.

By God's help, the interpretation of the soora 62 of the Quran is completed;
So (praise be to God: Lord of the worlds.)

The interpretation is by the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
=======================================================

Comment about this soora:
The three stars *** in the following text is (as s)
"So the likeness of these is as the likeness of an *** carrying the Books of the Prophets, written in the collection of the Torah"

It means: the parable of the Jews who were given the Torah, but they did not apply or practice it, is like the (don key) carrying the Books of the Torah.
Because the Torah includes many Books of the Prophets.
So because they did not work according to its statements, they were like the (don key) loaded with books on its back.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
This can be very logical: you love your teacher, but you fear he will give you bad marks if you don't study.
You love your parents, but you fear they will be angry if you do anything bad.

You fear your parents, teacher and boss .. but you love them.
You love justice, and the court of justice, but you fear if you do anything evil, they will punish you.
And you fear the police, and yet you love them for they are necessary for your security.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
This great soora can be divided into three main parts:

In the first part: the glorification of God, and His praising and gratitude to him for that He revealed the Quran full of wisdom and guidance, and gratitude for God Who sent His messenger Mohammed to save the World from the darkness of disbelief to the light of monotheism and the 'exclusive devotion to God alone'.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This can be very logical: you love your teacher, but you fear he will give you bad marks if you don't study.
You love your parents, but you fear they will be angry if you do anything bad.

You fear your parents, teacher and boss .. but you love them.
You love justice, and the court of justice, but you fear if you do anything evil, they will punish you.
And you fear the police, and yet you love them for they are necessary for your security.

hmmm.....I think, with many of your examples, you're
confusing 'love' and 'tolerance'....

I never feared my parents as they had my best interests
at heart.

I tolerated my bosses, teachers, the police, court, etc...
as they had their own best interests at heart, and those
where peripheral to my best interests based upon my
own behavior or at least my own circumstances....

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
In the second part of this soora:
The dispraise of Jews who opposed God's messenger instead of believing and supporting him against the idolatry, and instead of confirming him to worship God alone without associate.

Then God challenged them concerning their claim that they are preferred by God and that He loves them more than He loves the rest of people:
So He told them to desire for death, if they are truthful in their claim that God prefers them, because if they die then they will go to God and His Paradise in Heaven where they will prosper.

But in fact they cling to the life of the World, wishing to live for one thousand years, which will not save them from His punishment because they wrong others and transgress on the rights of people.
So they do not long for death on account of their much sins and evil work.

hmmm.....I think, with many of your examples, you're
confusing 'love' and 'tolerance'....

I never feared my parents as they had my best interests
at heart.

I tolerated my bosses, teachers, the police, court, etc...
as they had their own best interests at heart, and those
where peripheral to my best interests based upon my
own behavior or at least my own circumstances....

The parents love their son or daughter. But God loves His servants more than the parents love their offspring: because the love of the offspring has been inserted in the hearts of the parents .. because God has inserted such love in their hearts.
Without this love, none will take care about his sons or daughters.

But even if you love your parents, and they have your best interest, but they will not be the same: whether their son acts well or badly.
If he becomes a criminal: kills people, steal their property and transgress on them .. and even he transgresses on his parents as do some rascals: they even beat their parents. Will his parents be pleased with him?

Why not: we even love the teacher, the boss, the police, the court .. if they are just and do us every good. Why not they should be respected and loved; but if they are wrong-doers then if course we don't like them.

==================================================

In the third part:
God blaimed and censured people of the Medina city, for that they preferred the merchandise and the temporary property of the World to listening to the exhortation of the Prophet - salam to him; and God enjoins on Muslims to go to prayer on the day of Friday in particular and to listen to the exhortation and admonition and to read and study the Quran.
And that God is the Provider with the provision.

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I have three children Selfsame. I often ask myself, is there anything they could do that would make me stop loving them? The answer is no. But in your religion, if you do not worship your god and do everything your god tells you to do, then your god will punish you for eternity and not love you. This love is conditional. And worth nothing as far as I am concerned.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I have three children Selfsame. I often ask myself, is there anything they could do that would make me stop loving them? The answer is no. But in your religion, if you do not worship your god and do everything your god tells you to do, then your god will punish you for eternity and not love you. This love is conditional. And worth nothing as far as I am concerned.

From where you bring such deduction ... in your religion .. etc ?
God loves His creatures .. His servants and He gives them the free choice
So is he who acts righteously like the one doing corruption and the one who wrongs people?
It can't be the same: therefore, God loves the one acting righteously and dislikes the wrong-doer.

First: God is Just and He is All-Mighty: He can terminate all people in one minute, but will He do that? No, He does not wrong anyone and He dislikes the wrong-doing.
Then comes a weak creature and when God gives him a little bit of wealth and power .. he will wrong people and transgress on the weak and his heart becomes hard against people like him who are weak and poor .. God dislikes this one and will subdue and abase him .. and say to him:
I am All-Mighty and Most Able and I don't wrong others, while you the weak one wrong those who are like you and oppress them .. I will show you what I will do to you.

so it can't be and it is not justice to deal with all people in the same way: the good-doer and the wrong-doer.

Second: The commands of God is to the advantage of man: e.g. He tells man: Don't steal the property of others, but he contradicts this and goes and steals their bread and other stuffs and property .. Will He be pleased with this one?

Third: He gives man opportunity to repent from his sins .. but he does not repent his evil acts; and God gives man respite and does not hasten to punish him immediately .. He sends him many messengers and revealed to him many books and established for him the proofs and evidences, but man insists on his disbelief and on his sins and evil acts .. will He be pleased with him ?
And will such man be the same in outcome as the one who obeys God and helps the poor and needy out of his own wealth, and who does not transgress on others !?

Quran 45: 21-22, which mean:
[Some idolaters said to some believers: "Should there be any life following death and should there be any reward for the good–doer, then we too will be rewarded; because we honor the guest, feed the hungry and dress the naked"; therefore this aya was revealed:]
{21. [Do the idolaters and associaters think that they will be rewarded for their deeds?]
Or do those, who slam [the honor of people with their tongues]
a and work evil, expect that we will make them [prosper in the Next Life] as [will We give to] those who believe and do righteous deeds:
equal their life [in the World] and their afterlife [following death: so that We shall give them in the afterlife as have We given to them in the life of the World]?
[Nope, it will never be as do they say]; so how wrong they judge [for themselves!]

22. And God created the heavens and the earth [: the planets including the earth] with the true [promise: their destruction on Doomsday],
and
that every soul may be rewarded [following death] for what [good or evil] it earned [in the life of the World];
and they will not be wronged [by increasing their punishment or decreasing their reward.]}

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This continues and continues and nobody cares one thing is the same though
There are the Bron Again Christians who constantly talk about the fear of the Lord.
what is the modern saying.

Though I walk the valley of the shadow of death
I fear no evil
Because I am the meanest son of a bit*h in the valley

Yup its Friday and that means drinking good beer
Dancing with the ladies
and raising hell
Oh I wish the younger days could return

Selfsame go out have a beer and do some party moves you would feel better

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I find Bible Thumpers or Born again.. which I call reborns or rethreads just as bad as Selfsame...
Religion or lack of it is a personal thing.....so keep it to yourself!!!

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I find Bible Thumpers or Born again.. which I call reborns or rethreads just as bad as Selfsame...
Religion or lack of it is a personal thing.....so keep it to yourself!!!
I enjoy discussing religion on forums such as this. Not so much in real life because it is a personal thing. I do not believe in condemning fundamentalist beliefs. I do not believe in the condemnation of any religious person. I do however believe in the recovery of those indoctrinated in the cults of fear and guilt. My advise to anyone who does not want to hear a religious discussion is to simply ignore the dialogue.