The idolaters against Prophet Mohammed

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
[Some idolaters of the Quraish tribesmen said: "Mohammed, we will not believe in you unless you bring down onto us a book out of heaven, written on paper; therefore, this aya was revealed:]

{Quran 6: 7. If We had sent down on you [Mohammed] a book [written] on paper [as do they suggest a], which they could feel with their hands [after seeing it with their own eyes] b, the unbelievers would have said: "This is not else than an evident magic."}

a To you, Mohammed.

b They would not have believed you, but …

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The idolater: is the worshiper of one or more idols.
The idol: is a statue erected to resemble a god that the idolaters worship.
The statue may be of a righteous man or of an angel or prophet.

See the book: The Conflict between the Torah and the Quran (or The Disagreement of the Quran with the Hebrew Bible), then from the list of Contents, choose They worshipped the idols.
The Disagreement of the

The First one of the Ten Commandments says:
Don't take any statue or graven thing to sanctify and worship apart from God.
The Universe and the Quran

====================================================
The idolaters demanded an angel come down from heaven to tell them that Mohammed is truthful.

Quran 6: 8. The [idolaters among the tribesmen of Quraish,] said: "Why has not an angel been sent down to him [from heaven, to tell us that Mohammed is a prophetc]?"

[So God replied to their words:]
But had We sent down an angel, then the matter [to destroy them] would have been concluded d, and no further respite would have been given to them.

9. But had We made him an angel e, We should have made him a man [by creating a material body for him] f, then We would have confused for them [the matter] with which they are now confused g.

c And that he is truthful in his mission.

d It means: Had We sent down an angel from heaven, as do they suggest, then they would have said, on seeing him: "This is an obvious sorcery", as did Pharaoh and his folk say when they saw the staff becoming a serpent; so likewise the Quraish tribe will say when they see the angel, and will not believe, and so they will deserve the destruction and will go to Fire, and will not be respited anymore.

e i.e. had We made the messenger to them an angel

f So that he may be seen by people, because the angels are ethereal, whom people cannot see, neither can people hear their voices, unless only by inspiring.

g It means: Had We made him a man, by making a material body for him, then the matter will be confused for them, as are they now confused.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So the people who had no faith said unless you bring a written copy from God himself
we will not believe you. So Mo whipped up a book on paper and said here God sends
you a message. How the hell do you get people to swallow the kool-aid? Then again
we see a whole religion where God himself never wrote anything put into a book the
people believe is the word of God and take every word litterally.
I am starting to question the mental condition of those then and now.
Don't believe everything you read in a book or see on TV or the net

I proclaim the the truth of the world will be revealed if we all stare and believe in the
Number 17 Seventeen will give you all the things you need just by believing in the
Number 7 praise 17

See anyone can peddle this crap and someone will believe it

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
[The people of Mecca came to God's messenger, and said: "Hasn't God found any apostle other than you? We don't see anyone believe your words; we also have asked Jews and Christians about you, and they said that you are not foretold to them; so tell us who testify that you are God's messenger as do you claim?
Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

{Quran 6: 19. Say [Mohammed to these unbelievers]: "What thing a bears a most serious witness
[: words of God or words of people? For God knows better than people about everything]"

Say: "God is a Witness between me and you [that He has sent me to you, and His words: the Quran, testify that I am God's messenger to you];

and this Quran has been revealed to me to warn you therewith [of God's punishment if you do not believe and abandon the idolatry];

and [to warn] anyone reaching [his age of adulthood.
b]

Is it so that you give witness that there are other gods besides God!?"
c

Say: "I do not give such witness."

Say: "There is only One God, and indeed I am clear of all that you associate [with Him.]"
}
--------------------------------------------------------

a Some commentators of the Quran say:" In this aya, there is an indication that God may be called a 'thing'."
I say: This is not allowed, because the word شيء or thing, means the matter, and God is Superior to the matter; God said in the Quran 42: 11, that which means:
(There is not, as His likeness, anything [material or spiritual]; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.)

b i.e. and I warn all those whom the Quran reaches and they hear it: including all the adults responsible about their acts, from now till Doomsday.

c This question is for denial and rebuking; it implies: How can you testify that there are other gods besides God, even after the evidences have been clarified and the argument for His Oneness has been established!?

So the people who had no faith said unless you bring a written copy from God himself
we will not believe you. So Mo whipped up a book on paper and said here God sends
you a message. How the hell do you get people to swallow the kool-aid? Then again
we see a whole religion where God himself never wrote anything put into a book the
people believe is the word of God and take every word litterally.
I am starting to question the mental condition of those then and now.
Don't believe everything you read in a book or see on TV or the net

I proclaim the the truth of the world will be revealed if we all stare and believe in the
Number 17 Seventeen will give you all the things you need just by believing in the
Number 7 praise 17

See anyone can peddle this crap and someone will believe it

You are confused, damngrumpy.
And have not read this carefully.
The idolaters demanded a book written on paper to be sent down from heaven, so that they might then believe.
but their request was not answered.
God did not and had not done such a thing before, but He reveals to the prophet and the prophet tells his people about that; God only inscribed on the stone Tablets the Ten Words for Moses, and even though many of his people had not believed, unless after the mountain split and was about to fall on them.

so it is not a matter of miracles: the miracle will almost be denied by people, who will say: This is only a magic, and the messenger has enchanted us and deluded our sights.

Therefore, it is a matter of guidance: God guides whomever He pleases, and misguides whomever He wants to misguide because the latter is a wrong-doer; while the duty of the messenger is only to convey the message.

And what is such 7 and 17!?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Mecca.... the idol

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
[The people of Mecca came to God's messenger, and said: "Hasn't God found any apostle other than you? We don't see anyone believe your words; we also have asked Jews and Christians about you, and they said that you are not foretold to them; so tell us who testify that you are God's messenger as do you claim?
Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

{Quran 6: 19. Say [Mohammed to these unbelievers]: "What thing a bears a most serious witness
[: words of God or words of people? For God knows better than people about everything]"

Say: "God is a Witness between me and you [that He has sent me to you, and His words: the Quran, testify that I am God's messenger to you];

and this Quran has been revealed to me to warn you therewith [of God's punishment if you do not believe and abandon the idolatry];

and [to warn] anyone reaching [his age of adulthood.
b]

Is it so that you give witness that there are other gods besides God!?"
c

Say: "I do not give such witness."

Say: "There is only One God, and indeed I am clear of all that you associate [with Him.]"
}
--------------------------------------------------------

a Some commentators of the Quran say:" In this aya, there is an indication that God may be called a 'thing'."
I say: This is not allowed, because the word شيء or thing, means the matter, and God is Superior to the matter; God said in the Quran 42: 11, that which means:
(There is not, as His likeness, anything [material or spiritual]; He is the All-Hearing, the All-Seeing.)

b i.e. and I warn all those whom the Quran reaches and they hear it: including all the adults responsible about their acts, from now till Doomsday.

c This question is for denial and rebuking; it implies: How can you testify that there are other gods besides God, even after the evidences have been clarified and the argument for His Oneness has been established!?

You are confused, damngrumpy.
And have not read this carefully.
The idolaters demanded a book written on paper to be sent down from heaven, so that they might then believe.
but their request was not answered.
God did not and had not done such a thing before, but He reveals to the prophet and the prophet tells his people about that; God only inscribed on the stone Tablets the Ten Words for Moses, and even though many of his people had not believed, unless after the mountain split and was about to fall on them.

so it is not a matter of miracles: the miracle will almost be denied by people, who will say: This is only a magic, and the messenger has enchanted us and deluded our sights.

Therefore, it is a matter of guidance: God guides whomever He pleases, and misguides whomever He wants to misguide because the latter is a wrong-doer; while the duty of the messenger is only to convey the message.

And what is such 7 and 17!?
Read carefully? Ain't nobody reading that shyt selfslime.

Worshipping a black stone... i.e an idol

I think it's a horse apple

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Worshipping a black stone... i.e an idol

If you kiss the wall of a tomb of some saints or imams, then this is the idolatry, but if you kiss the wall of the House of God, then this is the glorification of God Himself.

By the way, nothing about the black stone is mentioned in the Quran.

This black stone was stolen by some Muslim parties in the past, and was broken up, and what remains of it is only a small portion, and therefore, they put this silver ring around it.

It might have been a meteorite sent by God as a land mark for Prophet Abraham to recognize the site of the House of God, which was built by Adam, and then was ruined and covered by sand, until Prophet Abraham excavated its foundations and rebuilt it once again.

Therefore, there shouldn't be any glorification of this stone more than other parts of the House of God, and the rites of God should be glorified as a glorification of God.

Quran 22: 32, which means:
{Anyone honors the [the compulsory and the voluntary] rituals of God; surely such [honoring] issues from the hearts [believing in the rituals and] avoiding [the disobedience of God.] v}

v It means: such honoring of the rituals issues from the believing of hearts in them, and therefore, they honor and glorify them and ward off God’s punishment [which will befall them] if they forsake such rituals.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
If you kiss the wall of a tomb of some saints or imams, then this is the idolatry, but if you kiss the wall of the House of God, then this is the glorification of God Himself.

By the way, nothing about the black stone is mentioned in the Quran.

This black stone was stolen by some Muslim parties in the past, and was broken up, and what remains of it is only a small portion, and therefore, they put this silver ring around it.

It might have been a meteorite sent by God as a land mark for Prophet Abraham to recognize the site of the House of God, which was built by Adam, and then was ruined and covered by sand, until Prophet Abraham excavated its foundations and rebuilt it once again.

Therefore, there shouldn't be any glorification of this stone more than other parts of the House of God, and the rites of God should be glorified as a glorification of God.

Quran 22: 32, which means:
{Anyone honors the [the compulsory and the voluntary] rituals of God; surely such [honoring] issues from the hearts [believing in the rituals and] avoiding [the disobedience of God.] v}

v It means: such honoring of the rituals issues from the believing of hearts in them, and therefore, they honor and glorify them and ward off God’s punishment [which will befall them] if they forsake such rituals.
You worship ritualism , mythology and a book of fables. Tis alright though as long as it makes you happy and you do no harm to others especially the Ladies ya warped bastid.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The idolaters of Mecca demanded miracles like those done by Jesus Christ:

[Quraish tribesmen said to the Prophet – salam to him: "If you truly are a Prophet as do you claim, then do for us the miracles that Jesus son of Mary did before, and then we may believe you; because Jesus cured the congenitally blind and the albino; he also revived the dead and foretold about the 'Unknown'."
Therefore, this aya was revealed in reply to their words:]

Quran 6: 50. Say [Mohammed, to these disbelievers a]:

"I am not telling you that I have the treasuries of [the mercy of] God [so that I can work miracles like those of Jesus who cured the congenitally-blind and the albino and revived the dead],

nor that I know the Unknown b,

nor that I am angel [like him, because Jesus was an angel that came down from heaven according to God's command, and entered in the body of the fetus in the womb of Mary.] c

I only follow [the commands] revealed to me [from my Lord.]"

Say: "Are the blind [to the way of the truth like Abu-Jah'l], and the man seeing [it like Mohammed] equal?
d

Will you not contemplate [about that?]"

a Who suggest to you such suggestions.

b So that I may tell you about what you eat, and what you store in your homes, as did Jesus tell you.

c So God gave him such miracles in order that they might respect him, and might not kill him.

But in spite of that, such miracles did not avail anything with the Children of Israel; because when the Jews saw such miracles which Moses had not brought before, they denied them and said: “These are not the miracles of prophets, but they are only a great sorcery done by a devil having much knowledge about the sorcery.”

While when the Christians saw such miracles which he worked, they became enthusiastic about him, until they ascribed him as the son of God, and another sect claimed he is God Himself.

Therefore, the material miracles are useless, because they will lead to destruction and to admission into the Fire;

so when you see the miracles which you demand, done as you demanded: either you will deny them and say: 'This is an obvious sorcery!' as did Jews claimed about the miracles of Jesus;

or you will be enthusiastic about me and say he is the son of God as did Christians said, and then your destination [in both cases] will be in the Fire.

So the material or objective miracles will not avail anything to let you believe; but better than this, you should think with your minds and look with your eyes to these stones which you worship: Can they profit or harm you? And in case you realize that they cannot do anything of that, then abandon them, and instead worship God your Lord and Creator and your Provider with the provision, if you believe in my words.

d It means: How can you follow Abu Jah'l who is blind to the way of the truth, and turn away from Mohammed who is certain and oriented about the truth and the religion?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Didn't realize that it was possible to be an idolater against a false prophet.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
He was not any false prophet; Mohammed was truthful, and the idolatry is the falsehood.
Of course Jews justified the idolatry and denied the prophecy of Mohammed.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He was not any false prophet; Mohammed was truthful, and the idolatry is the falsehood.
Of course Jews justified the idolatry and denied the prophecy of Mohammed.

Nonsense. We were warned about following false prophets but only the Arabs had black enough hearts do do it.