God does not wrong people

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The one that resorts to using the wrong-doing and oppression is only the weak: the weak one wrongs and oppresses others to have control of them.
A wrong-doing ruler: a tyrant, uses the wrong-doing and oppression to spread his authority and control on people.

God Almighty, the Owner of the entire universe, the Omnipotent that nothing is difficult to Him; the Lord of nations and worlds, the Lord of all creatures: the material and the spiritual; He is Just: He does not wrong anyone.

This meaning is so obviously asserted in a large number of the Quran ayat or revelations.

Quran 4: 40, which means:
{Surely, God does not wrong [people] so much as the weight of a minute particle,
and if it
a be a good [deed b], He will multiply it [for its doer c], and give from Him [in the Next Life] a great recompense [for the doer of the good deed.]}

a i.e. the good deed.
b the weight of a minute particle.
c i.e. God will increase it for its doer, so that He gives him his reward in this life of the World and in the Next Life.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
And like this aya:
Quran 10: 44
{God wrongs not people in anything, but it is people who do wrong themselves.}

All interpretations were written by the pen of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
Comment:
Abu abd-Allah was once asked: "Have you compiled this book?"
He said: "No, I am only its writer."

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Exactly. Gods and goddesses care nothing about the planet or its inhabitants and we humans are our own worst enemies.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
People wrong people. We just sometimes use a deity to justify our harm to others.

Of course people wrong people.
But what I said, as it is in many ayat of the Quran, God is not any wrong-doer.
God does not wrong people when He punishes them; it is they who bring the punishment on themselves.

Quran 11: 117, which means:
{Nor would your Lord [O Mohammed] destroy the cities unjustly d when their people being reformers.}

d Without having any sin [deserving the punishment.]

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Of course people wrong people.
But what I said, as it is in many ayat of the Quran, God is not any wrong-doer.
God does not wrong people when He punishes them; it is they who bring the punishment on themselves.

Quran 11: 117, which means:
{Nor would your Lord [O Mohammed] destroy the cities unjustly d when their people being reformers.}

d Without having any sin [deserving the punishment.]
I don't believe in your god Selfsame but that being said, I agree with what you are saying. Many years ago, the Statesman William Sloane Coffin was being interviewed by the 60 minute host Mike Wallace. Mr. Wallace asked Coffin, "if there is a just and merciful God up there who created us, why does he allow all the suffering and injustice in the world?" Mr. Coffin paused, thought a moment and then replied to Mr. Wallace, " Maybe God would answer your question with one of his own, " Why do you allow it?'" You and I do not believe the same Selfie. We don't even believe in the same deity. But we can agree on issues of good sense. So no argument from me on this subject.

Exactly. Gods and goddesses care nothing about the planet or its inhabitants and we humans are our own worst enemies.
When I see people, especially little children suffering from catastrophic diseases or deformities, I tend to agree with you although that is not easy for me.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
When God - be glorified - sends an apostle to a city or a capital of a country, and the apostle (or the messenger) brings them the evident proofs and may perform some miracles given to him by God, then when people denies him and insist on their disbelief and their wrong-doing among themselves ... then God will destroy them, and God is not any wrong-doer: but the people brings the destruction on themselves on account of their disbelief and wrong-doing.

Quran 11: 100-101, which mean:
{100. That is [some] of the story of the cities [of wrong-doers] which We tell you [Mohammed] – some of them are standing [till now] and [some are] mown down [like the harvest a.]

101. We did not wrong them b, but they wronged their own souls c.
Their gods, on which they called upon, apart from God, availed them nothing d, when there came the command of your Lord [concerning their punishment.]
Nor did they add to them anything but more loss.
}

a It means: the buildings of some of the wrong-doing cities are still standing till now and have not been destroyed, while others were demolished and obliterated like the mown down plant.

b By afflicting them with the punishment.

c Because of their disbelief and stubbornness.

d It means: Their gods did not avert from them any part of the punishment.

These ayat were interpreted by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
And then as usual, you make a statement that contradicts what you previously say. This is called cognitive dissonance and all three of your religions practice it,,,,,religiously.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
if there is a just and merciful God up there who created us, why does he allow all the suffering and injustice in the world?

All the disturbances in the land and in the sea are because of the wrong-doing of people, so they deserve such disturbances, and even God pardon much many of the sins of people, so that He does not hasten to punish them immediately.

Quran 30: 41, which means:
{Disturbances have spread throughout the land and the sea a, because of [the wrong-doing, disbelief and hypocrisy] that the hands of people have earned;
so that He may let them taste [the punishment of] some of their [evil] deeds;
in order that they may desist [from their wickedness and disbelief
b.]}

a The corruption in the land is by: harmful insects which destroy trees, fruits and agricultural products; in addition to the [medical] insects which carry the infection from the patient to the healthy: like flies, mosquitoes, fleas, lice, ticks, bedbugs and others. Moreover, the harmful animals which destroy the agricultural products and cause economic loss like mice, foxes, termites (or woodworms) and others. And the poisonous animals like snakes, scorpions, wasps and others. Then the corruption caused by microbes which cause diseases, blind the eye, disfigure the face and kill the living beings.

On the other hand, the corruption in the sea is manifested by microbes [and worms] which exist in the water of rivers and ponds to cause diseases like Bilharzia, Dysentery, Cholera and others. In addition, the floods cause much harm in property, fields and people.

Therefore, the word ‘land’ is related to the dry land in general, and the word ‘sea’ is related to water bodies in general: rivers, seas, lakes, marshes and others.

So all such corruption, which has appeared in the land and in the sea, is because of the disbelief, hypocrisy and wrong-doing of people.

b And so they may turn to God in repentance from their sins.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

And then as usual, you make a statement that contradicts what you previously say. This is called cognitive dissonance and all three of your religions practice it,,,,,religiously.

How is that?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
One moment you say God does not get involved, and then as a consequence of the actions of people god then "does" get involved.

Let me ask this. If god will punish people for doing wrong, why will he not prevent an innocent child from getting cancer.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
yeah he does. That or he doesn't exits. I hold he doesn't exist. You hold he does, but wrongs people all the time. just look at the image below. Those are gods children. nice job, god

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
One moment you say God does not get involved, and then as a consequence of the actions of people god then "does" get involved.

Let me ask this. If god will punish people for doing wrong, why will he not prevent an innocent child from getting cancer.
If he could prevent the innocent child from suffering, and does not, who is responsible.

If he chooses to let this kind of thing run its course, why would he punish the evil people for what they do. Why not let that run its course as well. I don't understand your logic. Sorry. It makes no sense to me.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 4: 160-161, which mean:
{160. Because of the wrongdoing of Jews, We forbade them [certain] good and wholesome [food and drink] which were [before] permitted for them a, and because of their hindering much many [of people] from God's way b.

161. And [because of] their taking usury from which they were prohibited c, and their devouring people's wealth without right d;
We have prepared for those among them who deny [the apostles] a painful chastisement.}

a It means: Because they wronged themselves, when they worshipped the calf and when they disobeyed the command of their Lord by refusing to enter into Jericho, and their saying to Moses: "Go you and your Lord and fight!", We made many good foods unlawful for them to eat during the forty years of their bewildering so they ate the Manna only.
b i.e. God's religion.
It means: We will not give them the good foods of Paradise also because of their hindering a large number of people from believing in the Christ and Mohammed.
c In the Law of the Torah.
d i.e. the bribe which they used to take in the judgment.

So in this aya, God also explained that the straining, strictness and the heavy obligations on Jews ... all that was on account of their wrong-doing and disbelief.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Back to your appeal to authority. Couldn't get your own thoughts on the matter if you had your arm twisted. And don't feel bad. You are not the only one who hides behind a book. When push comes to shove, all three of your religions goes the appeal to authority routine. you may have thoughts on the matter, genuine thoughts, but you are afraid of being wrong. So you run and hide behind your book. That is what I call fear,,,not love.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
yeah he does. That or he doesn't exits. I hold he doesn't exist. You hold he does, but wrongs people all the time. just look at the image below. Those are gods children. nice job, god

Of course, your images are ready by hand.
In fact such miserable condition is only because of the wrong-doing of people; people wrong each other as did Ludlow say.
People make war and fighting and destroy the crop and this leads to starvation and diseases.

And because of their blasphemy and ingratitude to God, the rain stops coming on the land and drought appeared because of the idolatry of people and the wrong-doing of your civilized countries whose armies go here and there to spread their democracy.

Refer to the previous post #9 in this thread.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It IS simple. According to the holy books, this god could have prevented all cruelty and despicable things from starting right from the get go but seems to have chosen not to. The ultimate responsibility, therefore, is to this god, if it exists.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
I tell myself to not get involved in discussions of religion because they always end up being futile . But it's like a diabetic walking past a big bowl of pistachio almond ice cream. Hard to resist. :).

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015

The answer is given by Ludlow in the post # 2.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Of course, your images are ready by hand.
In fact such miserable condition is only because of the wrong-doing of people; people wrong each other as did Ludlow say.
People make war and fighting and destroy the crop and this leads to starvation and diseases.

And because of their blasphemy and ingratitude to God, the rain stops coming on the land and drought appeared because of the idolatry of people and the wrong-doing of your civilized countries whose armies go here and there to spread their democracy.
Refer to the previous post in this thread.
Do you really think those children in those images wrong each other, make war against each other, and destroy each others' crops? And that is why they are punished?

And you think those children in those images are blasphemous and ungrateful to this god?

You are just as malicious and uncaring as your god.

Only a pathological psychopath and coward would maim, kill, inflict disease upon children.

Well I guess us humans can breath a bit easier now knowing that god is behind climate change.
haha

Last edited: