Criticizing or Questioning Islam is NOT “Racism”

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

When making the case against Islam, I repeatedly hear the charge, “Racist! Racist!”

How is being opposed to a philosophy, or an ideology, racist?

A philosophy, religion or ideology is not something you acquire via DNA, or heredity.
Racial pigmentation is.

To morally judge someone for an attribute irrelevant to character and choice, such as race, hair color, height, gender, and the like, is a contradiction in terms.
Morality refers to a chosen code one elects to follow. Race does not qualify as a choice.

However: To morally judge someone for the company they keep, or the ideology they endorse — whether openly, or via passive sanction — is totally fair game.

Nobody shouting “racist” when hearing a criticism of Islam would ever tolerate bloodshed waged by advocates of the KKK, fundamentalist Christians, or any other kind of organized hate group; nor should they.

Yet these same people will not tolerate any — I mean any — criticism hinted at, implied or stated about Islam.

What gives?

...more

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What a fu cking simple minded moron. He's not a racist, he's not even a bigot. Like boomer, he's too fu cking stupid to be one. He's too fu cking stupid to understand more than "I hungry", "I tired", "I Horney", and God help us all if he manages to do more than use his right hand and gets the opportunity procreate.

and what's even scarier about this simpleton, he's a fu cking "therapist".

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What a fu cking simple minded moron. He's not a racist, he's not even a bigot. Like boomer, he's too fu cking stupid to be one. He's too fu cking stupid to understand more than "I hungry", "I tired", "I Horney", and God help us all if he manages to do more than use his right hand and gets the opportunity procreate.

and what's even scarier about this simpleton, he's a fu cking "therapist".
I would concur. But can you show me where he was wrong in his Op/Ed piece.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I would concur. But can you show me where he was wrong in his Op/Ed piece.

For you, I will elaborate. For Boomer, I'd tell him to grab a brain and learn how to use it.

Nobody shouting “racist” when hearing a criticism of Islam would ever tolerate bloodshed waged by advocates of the KKK, fundamentalist Christians, or any other kind of organized hate group; nor should they.

Yet these same people will not tolerate any — I mean any — criticism hinted at, implied or stated about Islam.

What gives?

Really, he doesn't understand this. When people talk about what horrible things the KKK or White Supremacists have done, they don't lay it at the feet of ALL Christians. Yet, he wants to lay the blame of the minority or Muslims at the feet of ALL Muslims. What's so hard to understand?

If someone says, “I’m a Muslim, and I don’t kill people, so stop stereotyping,” then my question in response is: “Why do you want to be part of an ideological movement responsible for so much murderous activity done in its name? Why not denounce or leave that movement, and become something else?”

But even to ask such a question will get you labeled, once again, a hateful racist.

When the KKK/White supremacists kill in the name of "God", why are ALL Christians not expected to throw their faith away? That is what he is expecting Muslims to do.

People cannot control or change their race. But they can control or change what they believe. You do not have to believe in Islam, the religion of submission and death to nonbelievers. You have other choices, just like adovcates of white supremacy, Nazism, Communism, satanic death worship and other irrational ideologies have different choices.

Why are Muslims given a free pass, while nobody else is? What is different about Muslims, that they have no say in the matter of what they believe, while everyone else does?

excuse me? The only ones I see given the free pass in this is damn near everyone EXCEPT Muslims. The KKK/White Supremacists portray themselves as Christians. Do other Christians really have a say in what those bozo's believe? Other Christians condemn what they do and state that they are not "true" Christians. "Moderate" Muslims do the same damn thing when it comes to ISIS or ALQEDA. If someone doesn't hear that condemnation, then it's because they are to big a fu cking bigot themselves to hear it.

When a white supremacist or a gay hater brutally murders an innocent person, we blame the victmizer … not the victims. When Muslims brutally murder on 9/11, or in Paris, or just about any other day of the week, we are told: “You must learn to love your neighbor.”

When THEY murder an innocent, the entire Christian community isn't tarred with that murder, idiot.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
For you, I will elaborate. For Boomer, I'd tell him to grab a brain and learn how to use it..

Sounds like your a fan of the guy..

You can follow Dr. Hurd on Facebook. Search under “Michael Hurd” (Rehoboth Beach DE). Get up-to-the-minute postings, recommended articles and links, and engage in back-and-forth discussion with Dr. Hurd on topics of interest. Also follow Dr. Hurd on Twitter at @MichaelJHurd1

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
For you, I will elaborate. For Boomer, I'd tell him to grab a brain and learn how to use it.
I agree with the logic behind your explanation. But what does that have to do with that fact that criticizing Islam is not racism?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Sounds like your a fan of the guy..

You can follow Dr. Hurd on Facebook. Search under “Michael Hurd” (Rehoboth Beach DE). Get up-to-the-minute postings, recommended articles and links, and engage in back-and-forth discussion with Dr. Hurd on topics of interest. Also follow Dr. Hurd on Twitter at @MichaelJHurd1

I'm not the one that posted his brain dead oped. That would be you. Fanboi of the terminally stupid. That way you don't feel so dumb yourself.

I agree with the logic behind your explanation. But what does that have to do with that fact that criticizing Islam is not racism?

It's not racist. What, since he managed to get one thing right he get's a pass? Him pointing out that the extreme left is as brain dead as himself makes him right?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You get mixed emotions ,well I do anyway. I hear about those sub human parasites torturing and murdering innocent people and I get angry and want to nuke the lot of them but then, I'll run down to the convenience store and the two Ladies who are Muslim, working the counter are as polite and courteous as anyone you could meet and I really have a hard time equating those two Ladies with the monsters responsible for all the shyt going on in the world. I guess the old saying, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water " comes to mind. Nothing cut and dry here gonna take reason and sense to deal with the scum and be able to know the difference.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Nothing cut and dry here gonna take reason and sense to deal with the scum and be able to know the difference.

and that's why we pray that idiots like this "doctor" and boomer never have the power.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You get mixed emotions ,well I do anyway. I hear about those sub human parasites torturing and murdering innocent people and I get angry and want to nuke the lot of them but then, I'll run down to the convenience store and the two Ladies who are Muslim, working the counter are as polite and courteous as anyone you could meet and I really have a hard time equating those two Ladies with the monsters responsible for all the shyt going on in the world. I guess the old saying, "don't throw the baby out with the bath water " comes to mind. Nothing cut and dry here gonna take reason and sense to deal with the scum and be able to know the difference.

Yup now lets all sing Kumbaya and have a big group hug.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

When making the case against Islam, I repeatedly hear the charge, “Racist! Racist!”

How is being opposed to a philosophy, or an ideology, racist?
Why post a pic of grenade launchers as the 'poster' for what Islam stands for? The marks on the arms came in a box with a NATO logo.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
FFS, it is not racism. There are 3 or 4 types of the main genetic variations (types of human) that are Muslims.
This is discrimination. Or bigotry, if you prefer.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I remember the movie "Hud" with Paul Newman and Melvin Douglas . Cattle ranchers in West Texas back in the fifties. The old man spent his whole life working cattle and had developed quite the large herd. Then he purchased some cattle in Mexico that were infected with anthrax. Long story short, all of his cattle had to be destroyed to protect the surrounding ranchers . But humans are not cattle. You don't judge all of them by the actions of a minority. It is this reactionary mentality that collateral damage is acceptable to achieve an ends that bothers me. Cooler heads will prevail seems to me.