How to consult God?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Firstly
The Sidonians in the time of Moses
{14: 7. [O Jews], remember when your Lord was requested j [by your enemies to fight you but He did not permit them to do that; and He said to you]: "If you are thankful, I will surely increase you[r blessing]; but if you are ungrateful, My punishment is terrible indeed [to the disbeliever and denier of My bounties.]"}
j The meaning: Mohammed, mention to the [Jews] the story of the Sidonians, when you came to them and to their country; they asked God’s permission to fight you, but He did not permit them, then they asked His permission to welcome you and give you food and drink, and He permitted them to do so. This was some of His bounties to you; so you should thank Him for it.

The story:
When the Israelites set forth in their Exodus out of Egypt [under the leadership of Moses], and they approached the city of the Sidonians, their king gathered the chiefs and ministers and said to them: “The Children of Israel has approached us, and they are so many, and we cannot fight them, so what shall we do?”
After discussion, they said to him: “Consult God.”
So he wrote two signboards and hung them on the wall: on the first, he wrote: “I should fight them”, and he wrote on the other one: “I should welcome them with food, drink and hospitability.”
Then he threw an arrow towards them, and the arrow fell on the second; therefore, they took food and drink and went out to welcome them.
Their story is mentioned in the Bible, the Book of Exodus.

The interpretation is according to the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

========================================================
Secondly
Nabuchodonosor consulted God

{7: 167. [Remember, O Mohammed] that your Lord did [many times] give permission [requested by the enemies of Jews] that He would send against [Jews]a, till the Doomsday, those who should visit them with evil chastisement;
[O Mohammed] your Lord surely is Swift at punishment [for wrong-doers], Most Forgiving [to those who repent], and Most Merciful [to those who regret.]}
a i.e. the enemies of Jews asked God for permission to fight Jews, and He permitted them that.

Ancient people had a custom that they consulted God by lots of arrows: so they wrote "Do" on a piece of parchment or a board, and on another one they wrote "Don't do", then they threw it with an arrow, so if the arrow hits the first, they say: "Our Lord permits us to do that!" But if it hits the second, they say: "He does not permit us that!"
So Nabuchodonosor took an arrow and asked God's permission to fight the Children of Israel, and he threw the arrow which fell on the first one on which was written "Do"; therefore, he marched with his army, fought and overcame them.

And this in fact is the meaning of ([Remember, O Mohammed] that your Lord did [many times] give permission); i.e. they asked Him to permit them to fight Jews and He permitted them to do so.

The interpretation is according to the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
And this in fact is the meaning of ([Remember, O Mohammed] that your Lord did [many times] give permission); i.e. they asked Him to permit them to fight Jews and He permitted them to do so.

Really? When you compare that to Jeremiah:25 the exile from the promised land was because the Jews broke the 'lease agreement' by killing the Prophets God was sending them. (plus a few other ones)
It is not God thanking Neb it is Neb thanking God that the meeting ever tool place.

Da:4:35-37:
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing:
and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven,
and among the inhabitants of the earth:
and none can stay his hand,
or say unto him,
What doest thou?
At the same time my reason returned unto me;
and for the glory of my kingdom,
mine honour and brightness returned unto me;
and my counsellers and my lords sought unto me;
and I was established in my kingdom,
and excellent majesty was added unto me.
Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven,
all whose works are truth,
and his ways judgment:
and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Really? When you compare that to Jeremiah:25 the exile from the promised land was because the Jews broke the 'lease agreement' by killing the Prophets God was sending them. (plus a few other ones)
It is not God thanking Neb it is Neb thanking God that the meeting ever tool place.[/B]

Do I praise Nabuhodonosor? He is only an idolater; and even idolaters: know God but they associate or join with Him their idols, and their sacred men.
The most outstanding crime of people is their joining others with God in the sanctification and glorification. They worship what they called the 'strange gods'.
The thing that let God set Nabuchodonosor (and many others) on Jews, because they worshipped the idols and associated with God. The First Commandment is the most important of all the commandments.
In addition, Jews killed the prophets like Ishaiah, John Baptist, his father prophet Zachariah, and they killed the priests and the men enjoining the righteousness.

Israel Is Divorced
The Disagreement of the

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The thing that let God set Nabuchodonosor (and many others) on Jews, because they worshipped the idols and associated with God. The First Commandment is the most important of all the commandments.
In addition, Jews killed the prophets like Ishaiah, John Baptist, his father prophet Zachariah, and they killed the priests and the men enjoining the righteousness.
The Disagreement of the

The Jewish people were/are chosen by God as a representative people. They were/are not selected because of righteousness. They were/are set apart according to God's ongoing plan of self-disclosure. God continues to make Himself known today in relationship with His representative people. Israel is God's timepiece.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Jewish people were/are chosen by God as a representative people. They were/are not selected because of righteousness. They were/are set apart according to God's ongoing plan of self-disclosure. God continues to make Himself known today in relationship with His representative people. Israel is God's timepiece.

This is your illusion.
Nothing like that; this is what lies their religious men told them: they are selected by God and preferred to all other people, and they will go to heaven or Paradise in the Next Life, and will not suffer in Hell for more than seven days (during which they worshipped the calf in the time of Moses.)

If you are true, then wish to die and then will be happy in the Next Life in the neighborhood of God.
{Quran 62: 6. Say, [Mohammed]: "O Jews, in case you claim that you are favorite friends of God, apart from other people e, then do long for death if you are truthful [in your claim that God loves you.]" f

7. But they will never long for the [death], on account of [the crimes, wrong-doing and disobedience] that their hands have forwarded [to the Next Life.]
God is All-Knowing about the wrong-doers g.

8. Say [Mohammed to them:] "Death which you try to evade will inevitably overtake you h, then [following your death] shall you be brought back to [the judgment of God] Who knows [both] the hidden and the open [of your deeds]; and then He shall inform [and punish] you about what [evil deeds] you have done.}
e It means: If you claim that God loves you in preference to other people.
f Then God – be glorified – disapproved their claim, and He said:
g It means: Jews who wrong people and plunder their rights.
h And none can escape.

They will not attain to such noble goals but only by obeying God and glorifying Him alone without any patron or son.

Another point to refute your claim about the preferring of Jews to other people:

If you claim that God loves you exclusive of other people and you are dear to Him, why then does He afflict you with all kinds of chastisement and punishment: like diseases, poverty, conflicts among yourselves?
And why does He set on you your enemies every now and then, according to your transgression and wrong-doing, in addition to your idolatry and associating others with God in the worship?
Why did He set on you Pharaoh who enslaved you for 300 years?
Why did He set on you Nabuchodonosor who enslaved you for 70 years?
Why did He set on Titus who destroyed you utterly and dispersed you every where in the world?

Why did He set on Hitler who persecuted and killed a large number of you?

And He will set on you the Mahdi who will eradicate you on account of your transgression and wronging the Palestinians, the Arab and Muslims with your wickedness known to all people?

This is in addition to setting many other tyrants among themselves and from others to afflict you with suffering and persecutions. Refer to the Book of Judges, to see their history.

{Quran 5: 18. Jews and Christians say: "We are the sons of God and His beloved ones." a
Say [Mohammed, to them]: "Why then does He punish you b according to your sins?
Not so, you are only mortals: [some] of those whom He has created c:
He forgives to whom d He pleases and chastises whom e He pleases.
God's is the ownership of the heavens and the earth f and all g that is between them, and the final resorting will be to Him [following your death.] h}
a i.e. they are so close to God as is the son to his father, because God loves them according to their claim.
b In the life of the World by the hand of your enemies, and in the Next Life by Fire to anyone of you disbelieves, as is it in your Book … if God truly loves you apart from other people.
c With no difference between you and them.
d i.e. who repents and who deserves the forgiveness.
e i.e. who deserves the punishment.
f i.e. the ownership of the planets including the earth.
g The moons, meteorites, meteors, comets and thunderbolts... by which He destroys, in one minute, whomever He wants to destroy.
h It means: your souls will go to him and then He will deal with you according to your acts.

The interpretation is according to Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly, the interpreter of the Qruan and the Bible.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Man has reason and he should think about the situations and difficulties that face him in his life, in order to solve such problems.
But sometimes, he is confused and perplexed and does not know how to behave is some situations. So here he is better to think about his problems, and sometimes to consult his loyal and smart friends and discuss with them about his distress. And he may then know how to behave.
And sometimes this even does not work, and he becomes in dilemma: how to act and how to behave in such situations; therefore, he consults God which is like a prayer.
So he prays God to lead him and instruct him how to react to such problem.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Man has reason and he should think about the situations and difficulties that face him in his life, in order to solve such problems.
But sometimes, he is confused and perplexed and does not know how to behave is some situations. So here he is better to think about his problems, and sometimes to consult his loyal and smart friends and discuss with them about his distress. And he may then know how to behave.
And sometimes this even does not work, and he becomes in dilemma: how to act and how to behave in such situations; therefore, he consults God which is like a prayer.
So he prays God to lead him and instruct him how to react to such problem.

That would explain why the world is so fukked up.