Peers conjugated with God vs. the First Commandment

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The first commandment says: God is One; God is the King and the Ruler, and they conjugate others with Him: God is Zealous: does not agree about anyone be a peer along with Him.
Such peers may be like Jesus Christ, the saints, Ezra and the Jewish rabbis, Ali and his descendents, etc.

So it is this conjugation of peers with God is the grievous sin, which is against the religion of God.
In other words: some people conjugate (Jesus, Mohammed, Ali, Moses and others) with God in the worship while God refuses any sort of conjugating others with Him.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Is my language clear? Have you understood what I mean? Or are my words ambiguous and unclear?

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I want to explain to the English reader this meaning: which is not clear to many people:
The monotheism (and the exclusive devotion to God alone)
Vs.
The polytheism (and associating of peers and others with God.)

So which expression you find more clear:
1- to conjugate peers with God
2- to associate partners with God
3- to ascribe associates with God
4- to associate others with God

So what expression you think is better to make the meaning clear to the English reader?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I want to explain to the English reader this meaning: which is not clear to many people:
The monotheism (and the exclusive devotion to God)
Vs.
The associating of peers and others with God.

So which expression you find more clear:
1- to conjugate peers with God
2- to associate partners with God
3- to ascribe associates with God
4- to associate others with God

So what expression you think is better to make the meaning clear to the English reader?
None of the above. I prefer to think of the creator as a benevolent, loving being who hasn't got time or inclination to care what you believe. When you look at quantum physics, there is nothing but energy, conscious, self aware energy, the same energy that creates Universes and that energy is Love. It is only the human mind (ego) that sees separation. The human spirit (soul) knows no separation. We are all One with the Spirit (Life).

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Cliffy, hi
I am not concerned that anyone may believe or not; I am concerned about conveying the idea in a clear language to the English reader.
I said: it is like conjugating others with God:

So such 'association' or 'conjugation' is like a king and many other persons share with him in the kingdom, so as to limit his authority, which is not proper for God.
Or like a minister or ruler who has not the absolute authority, because of many other peers with authorities who restrict his authority.

For this reason, I try to find which expression is better in conveying the idea to the English reader.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Selfsame, the easiest way to say it is not a single word but a phrase, these people "put others on God's level."

By the way, in your opening post, when you said "zealous" you meant "jealous." "Jealous" in this sense means protective of his status and refusing to share it. "Zealous" means enthusiastic and hard-working.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Good luck with that. Mostly Christians and atheists on this forum so you won't get a lot of interest in your assumption. I'm guessing you are a Muslim, so don't expect much support here either.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
I try to find the proper expression to convey the "exclusive devotion to God alone", and to worship God Most Gracious alone without anyone else besides Him, eventhough such person be a prophet or angel.
So such 'association' and 'conjugation' is like a man worshipping others in addition to God.
The example of this is
A woman who betrays her husband by making relation with one other than him.

Selfsame, the easiest way to say it is not a single word but a phrase, these people "put others on God's level."

By the way, in your opening post, when you said "zealous" you meant "jealous." "Jealous" in this sense means protective of his status and refusing to share it. "Zealous" means enthusiastic and hard-working.

Thank you, Tecumsehsbones.
Yes, Jealous is more correct, because He takes revenge on them on account of their worshipping those other than Him.
"Put others on God's level" is excellent, and I want to see other expressions; this is necessary
because there is

Those who "put others on God's level"
The act of "putting others on God's level"
And man should not "put others on God's level" etc.

Another example: those who 'conjugate peers with God' are like a company with many owners who share the ownership and who share the decisions of such company. So the profits will be shared among them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I try to find the proper expression to convey the "exclusive devotion to God alone", and to worship God Most Gracious alone without anyone else besides Him, eventhough such person be a prophet or angel.
So such 'association' and 'conjugation' is like a man worshipping others in addition to God.
The example of this is
A woman who betrays her husband by making relation with one other than him.

Thank you, Tecumsehsbones.
Yes, Jealous is more correct, because He takes revenge on them on account of their worshipping those other than Him.
"Put others on God's level" is excellent, and I want to see other expressions; this is necessary
because there is

Those who "put others on God's level"
The act of "putting others on God's level"
And man should not "put others on God's level" etc.

Another example: those who 'conjugate peers with God' are like a company with many owners who share the ownership and who share the decisions of such company. So the profits will be shared among them.
You probably don't want to use "peers" either. In English "peers" means "equals," and your whole point is that God has no equals.

I think you are trying to say "There is only one God, and it is a sin to put others, even holy ones like Christ and Mohammed and the Buddha, on God's level."

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
You probably don't want to use "peers" either. In English "peers" means "equals," and your whole point is that God has no equals.

I think you are trying to say "There is only one God, and it is a sin to put others, even holy ones like Christ and Mohammed and the Buddha, on God's level."

Yes, the word 'peers' is good to explain the matter, which means: equals.
You are right, that is my intention to say: "There is only one God, and it is a sin to put others, even holy ones like Christ and Mohammed and the Buddha, on God's level."

So is such expression clear:
"Conjugating peers with God" ?

Okay, well, welcome aboard and all that.

Beware of the wildebeest.

Welcome to you.
I beware of him, but he also should beware of me, because I will hammer him :smile:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Welcome to you.
I beware of him, but he also should beware of me, because I will hammer him :smile:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes, the word 'peers' is good to explain the matter, which means: equals.
You are right, that is my intention to say: "There is only one God, and it is a sin to put others, even holy ones like Christ and Mohammed and the Buddha, on God's level."

So is such expression clear:
"Conjugating peers with God" ?
No, it is not clear. "Conjugating" has many meanings, from grammar to sex. And as I said, "peers" means YOU are saying that these others are equals of God.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
No, it is not clear. "Conjugating" has many meanings, from grammar to sex. And as I said, "peers" means YOU are saying that these others are equals of God.

I mean: they consider or allege peers to God.
When I say: They attribute to God equals; it does not mean that God has equals or peers; but only they allege that.

Truly, the word "conjugating" has grammar and sex implication, but also has other meaning of joining things or persons together; isn't it?

This is in the Meriamme Webster Dictionary:
Conjugate
transitive verb
2 join together
intransitive verb
1 : to become joined together
2 a : to pair and fuse in conjugation b : to pair in synapsis

Conjugate adjective
1 a : joined together especially in pairs : COUPLED b : acting or operating as if joined
2 a : having features in common but opposite or inverse in some particular

And they give more about mathematics, biology and other sciences.
In medicine, there is "conjugated and unconjugated bilirubin" ..etc.

But in fact, I try to find words that the ordinary public understand without referring to dictionary.