Does God demand equality?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Does God demand equality?

My Gnostic Christian God demands equality of all peoples as a part of our Universalists beliefs.

Most religions also preach some form of equality yet also preach homophobia and misogyny. Why are most believers denying equality to the vast majority of those not in their particular religion as well as to many within their own circles?

It seems that Gods do demand equality. Love thy neighbor as yourself, or some other reciprocity rule, are in every major religious tradition. It seems that the religious believe in equality just as little as they believe in their Gods who demand it. What happened to fearing God and doing as he commands?

I cannot see the world solving its problems, be they religious or political, while the vast majority, the religious, deny equality to the other majority who are not of their particular religion. That religious hatred against gays, women and those in other religions must stop. Religious hate of others puts more hate than good into our societies and prevents rapprochement.

We, as individuals, are quite good and altruistic. This is quite apparent if one looks at the statistics of our progress as a people in other moral areas. It is our religions and other social institutions and governments that are evil, not the people, as many governing hierarchies have institutionalized misogyny in their written policies.

Our last great challenge against justice, our hate directed against gays and women must be set aside if the harder challenges we face, if there are any, are to be defeated.

That hate is holding back our rise in being civilized people. I urge all men to look at their mothers, daughters and wives, and wonder why they do not see them as equal or demand that their religious laws make them so.

I urge all women to ask the men in their lives why exactly they continue to promote the hate and inequality of gays and women through their support of homophobic and misogynous policies.

Does your God demand equality and why are you, --- you meaning all religious people, --- not granting it?

Regards
DL

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Come on FP.. even you can tell that Gnosticism now rules our civilization.. and it is tearing it to pieces... Your glorious utopia is all about you.. and its jaws are just starting shut and chew with avengeance.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Come on FP.. even you can tell that Gnosticism now rules our civilization.. and it is tearing it to pieces... Your glorious utopia is all about you.. and its jaws are just starting shut and chew with avengeance.
I assume your god insists on all and sundry knowing and keeping their places?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

If we did rule our society, which we do not, equality would not be an issue.

You forget why Constantine chose the Christianity he did and sent them to decimate the Gnostic Christian who did not agree with discrimination against others without a just cause and especially not against women or gays.

Regards
DL

I assume your god insists on all and sundry knowing and keeping their places?

Indeed.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
I haven't heard him expound, one way or the other! :) :)

Oh yes you have.

Through me.

Let me explain using Christian and Jewish myths.

This Gnostic Christian’s apology for calling myself God.

Adam and Eve became as Gods when they gained a moral sense and no longer had their mind cut off from intelligent thought. As our primordial ancestors, we inherit that same trait even though Christianity wrongly thinks that to be evil and a fall. Retaining dominion over the earth, humans never revoked this inherited trait of a moral sense, --- and the right for man to judge himself. Jesus highlights this when he took the seat of judgement at God’s right hand.

When I use terms like “I am God”, or “you are God”, I am not speaking of the traditional miracle working God of scriptures and myths. He does not exist as far as we can know as he has never made an appearance to prove his reality.

What I am trying to convey to you by saying that you are a God in your own right is to be master of yourself and you need not be a sheep. You can, as Jesus says, pick up your burdens and responsibilities for your sins and follow his mind set. Be a shepherd. Lead by example.

What I am trying to convey is that the only God you can ever know is the good you find within yourself. It's your ideal of God and of the Jesus or Christ mind. That is quite different from me or someone thinking they are the traditional creator God, or thinking that they are more than anyone else. Both Jesus and the Christ in these myths are for equality. Not the misogyny that we presently enjoy. That is another topic though. We are to be co-equal with Jesus.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Jesus would explain this concept as one just seeing that they have joined God’s Divine Council by embracing his own Christ mind. Or better said, as this is the more eastern Jesus, we activate our pineal gland and open our third eye.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Council

Regards
DL

Last edited:

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are neither Jews nor Greeks, slaves nor free people, males nor females. You are all the same in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:28

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are neither Jews nor Greeks, slaves nor free people, males nor females. You are all the same in Christ Jesus.

The ground is level at the foot of His cross.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
GOD'S WORD® Translation

Gen 3;16 and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The same in Christ but not the same in real life.

Which quote have most Christian men lived by?

Regards
DL

The ground is level at the foot of His cross.

Level? Perhaps.

But did you note in the myth that women were there while the men hid.

Regards
DL

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
Gen 3;16 and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

The same in Christ but not the same in real life.

Which quote have most Christian men lived by?

Regards
DL

This radical feminist myth that men and women are totally equal all the time beyond stupid. Men and women are equal in many respects, but also have different roles to play in society and in marriage. I used to believe this feminist myth, but then I got married, and the wife would get pissed off because she wanted me to be the head of the house. Having a different role to play doesn't make you inferior, it makes you equally as important.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
This radical feminist myth that men and women are totally equal all the time beyond stupid. Men and women are equal in many respects, but also have different roles to play in society and in marriage. I used to believe this feminist myth, but then I got married, and the wife would get pissed off because she wanted me to be the head of the house. Having a different role to play doesn't make you inferior, it makes you equally as important.

I have never heard that so called feminist myth. This aside.

So you are saying that the ruled and the ruler are equal.

If so, why make men the rulers all the time over women

Why make God the ruler over men if having a different role to play doesn't make you inferior, it makes you equally as important?

We are am important as God. Right?

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Level? Perhaps.But did you note in the myth that women were there while the men hid.Regards DL

The level ground at the foot of the cross of Christ is about equal access for all, FP. If you're willing, there is a designated spot there for you : )

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
The level ground at the foot of the cross of Christ is about equal access for all, FP. If you're willing, there is a designated spot there for you : )

I can and will take that position if you can convince me that it is moral for me to place my responsibilities for my actions onto an innocent victim the way you seem to have.

Here is how my argument goes and I will be happy to see your promoting the justice in punishing the innocent instead of the guilty.

Human sacrifice is evil and your God demanding one and accepting one is evil.

You trying to profit from that evil is evil. Do just a bit of thinking and you will agree.

Imagine you have two children. One of your children does something wrong – say it curses, or throws a temper tantrum, or something like that. In fact, say it does this on a regular basis, and you continually forgive your child, but it never seems to change.

Now suppose one day you’ve had enough, you need to do something different. You still wish to forgive your child, but nothing has worked. Do you go to your second child, your good child, and punish it to atone for the sins of the first?

In fact, if you ever saw a parent on the street punish one of their children for the actions of their other child, how would you react? Would you support their decision, or would you be offended? Because God punished Jesus -- his good child -- for the sins of his other children.

Interestingly, some historical royal families would beat their slaves when their own children did wrong – you should not, after all, ever beat a prince. The question is: what kind of lesson does that teach the child who actually did the harm? Does it teach them to be a better person, to stop doing harm, or does it teach them both that they won't themselves be punished, and also that punishing other people is normal? I know that's not a lesson I would want to teach my children, and I suspect it's not a lesson most Christians would want to teach theirs. So why does God?

For me, that’s at least one significant reason I find Jesus’ atonement of our sin to be morally repugnant – of course, that’s assuming Jesus ever existed; that original sin actually exists; that God actually exists; etc.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?
If not, please show how it is morally and legally good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty, bearing in mind that all legal systems think that punishing the guilty is what is justice.

Regards
DL

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
I can and will take that position if you can convince me that it is moral for me to place my responsibilities for my actions onto an innocent victim the way you seem to have.

What is it that you fear, FP? The one and only impediment to Christian faith is fear.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
What is it that you fear, FP? The one and only impediment to Christian faith is fear.

I fear having morals like yours and not recognizing how immoral they are.

The fact that you ran from a debate on your using a scapegoat tells me all I need know of your fear.

Fear is what is making you do the immoral thing.

Regards
DL