Do you think God wants less for his children than what you want for yours?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

Most Christians think that God created man to be subservient to him. We are to love honor and most of all obey and serve his wants and needs forever as his heavenly children.

As a son, I strained to do better than my father. This came naturally and thus I think most people do the same. We all want our parents to be proud of us.

As a father myself, I want my children to do as well as I have and then do better than what I have done. That to me would be the ideal. That eventually places my children above me, --- where they belong. This is natural and desirable.

I would not force my children beneath me and would reject any God who would not have his children exceed whatever he is.

Do you want your children to exceed your achievements?

Let me assume that you would not hold your children back and do want then to exceed whatever you are.

Regards
DL

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
God wants what you want. He's a imaginary idea you choose to believe. He exists in you because you choose too. That makes him more you then him.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Which of the thousands of gods and goddesses are we talking about here? If god botherers were born in India, they would have a whole pantheon of gods to choose from. If they were born in Iran, they would be bothering Allah and in China, they wouldn't have anybody to bother cuz Buddhist don't believe in a personal god. Or how about Africa or South America? Who would you be bothering then? Silly question if you ask me.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
All god wants is your totally devotion no matter how nice you are. Even nice people are sent to a deficient heaven (limbo)... As far as he is concerned you are nothing more than a virtuous pagan, but if your a heretic, oh boy nothing but flames await you in your tomb...

All the more reason to worship this malevolent tyrant

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh God I don't even know where to begin. God wants what we want what an idea
Jethro Tull on the album Aqualung said it best in the beginning man created god.
Go read it it explains everything

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
God wants what you want. He's a imaginary idea you choose to believe. He exists in you because you choose too. That makes him more you then him.

Not quite as I see it but no argument.

Think Father Complex and you will be closer to what I think. Do not try to roll in the other Complex or it just confuses things.

Father complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards
DL

Which of the thousands of gods and goddesses are we talking about here? If god botherers were born in India, they would have a whole pantheon of gods to choose from. If they were born in Iran, they would be bothering Allah and in China, they wouldn't have anybody to bother cuz Buddhist don't believe in a personal god. Or how about Africa or South America? Who would you be bothering then? Silly question if you ask me.

I generally speak of the bible God.

Regards
DL

All god wants is your totally devotion no matter how nice you are. Even nice people are sent to a deficient heaven (limbo)... As far as he is concerned you are nothing more than a virtuous pagan, but if your a heretic, oh boy nothing but flames await you in your tomb...

All the more reason to worship this malevolent tyrant

I might do that when I start loving genocidal son murderers.

Regards
DL

Oh God I don't even know where to begin. God wants what we want what an idea
Jethro Tull on the album Aqualung said it best in the beginning man created god.
Go read it it explains everything

No argument. Of course we invented the Gods. As it should be.

Regards
DL

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

no

god is all, therefore what we are capable of comes from him/her/it since we have come from him and are a part/piece of him just less evolved

gotta say Eagle I love ya but the wildebeest thing is tiring and irritating...if you don't like the thread, don't read the thread some of us do like the thread and have to read around the beasties

they are cute and all but shouldn't be here

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012

no

god is all, therefore what we are capable of comes from him/her/it since we have come from him and are a part/piece of him just less evolved

gotta say Eagle I love ya but the wildebeest thing is tiring and irritating...if you don't like the thread, don't read the thread some of us do like the thread and have to read around the beasties

they are cute and all but shouldn't be here

Ditto on your last. I do not think our friend will care though.

So your belief would be something like, ---

If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all.
-Anon

If so then you would see God as elevating us to his level and that is close enough for this O.P.

Regards
DL

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

-Anon

If so then you would see God as elevating us to his level and that is close enough for this O.P.

Regards
DL

I was actually going to because I like Sal... but then you changed my mind.

[/FONT][/FONT]

Regards,
ES

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

-Anon

Regards
DL

yes that is our goal

[/FONT][/FONT]

I was actually going to because I like Sal... but then you changed my mind.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Regards,
ES
ah no worries, it's all good, I've had my coffee and some food now..;-)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Eagle, don't you like for others to discuss things that interest them regardless of what interests you?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sal

I think our friend just likes to bump my threads.

He is a fan.

Regards
DL

I think you are afraid. I think you have a deep fear and you occasionally come here to find people like you because you are so afraid.

Eagle, don't you like for others to discuss things that interest them regardless of what interests you?

I was just responding to his posts.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Gotta say, that's not what it looks like. Looks like you just don't want others to discuss things you don't feel are of interest.