Lenten Sacrifice 2015

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Next Wednesday is Ash Wednesday the beginning of Lent. This year I'll be giving up booze for the Lenten season again and hopefully giving up a few pounds, too.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Giving up booze, cigars, fried chicken, or poutine are venal sacrifices. The gods are more interested in how one treats and regards one's neighbours, regardless of ethnicity, race, politics, or wealth.

For Lent, I shall give up reading the sports section of the London Times.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I think Walter is expected to give all the bottles away (lent as it were) rather than just leaving the cork in it it for that period of time.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I think Walter is expected to give all the bottles away (lent as it were) rather than just leaving the cork in it it for that period of time.
You can buy yer own booze and if you can't afford it get a job.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I choose one book of relatively challenging sacred literature during Lent to read. I apply some improvements and forbearance in lifestyle related to the 7 deadly sins (pride, sloth, avarice, gluttony, envy, anger, lust).. with some modest success. Alcohol used to be a part of it, but i partake of it so little these days it hardly seems like a sacrifice.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I choose one book of relatively challenging sacred literature during Lent to read. I apply some improvements and forbearance in lifestyle related to the 7 deadly sins (pride, sloth, avarice, gluttony, envy, anger, lust).. with some modest success. Alcohol used to be a part of it, but i partake of it so little these days it hardly seems like a sacrifice.

No comic books.