If God Existed Would You Live Differently?

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Would you live your life differently if God existed and when I ask that hypothetical question I mean that God existed beyond irrefutable proof to you personally whatever that proof might constitute?

I find it difficult to accept that people, religious or secular, with all their faults and violence and selfishness etc would continue to live the way they do if they knew for sure their actions now were being judged for an eternal after life. For example, would you still buy the latest iPhone or if God actually existed would you send the money overseas to cure blindness in a dozen children?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
A world renowned Philosopher, Canadian at that, stated that religion does serve a positive purpose within society.
And he is an atheist.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ive never had an iphone. I doubt the existence of a god would have changed that. I have donated to a couple charities over the years. I also doubt the existence of a god would have changed that. So no, I doubt it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ive never had an iphone. I doubt the existence of a god would have changed that. I have donated to a couple charities over the years. I also doubt the existence of a god would have changed that. So no, I doubt it.
So you are are completely free of "sin"?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Probably not. Depends on wether this gawd is the vengeful dictator that christians believe in or one more of the Buddhist variety. Or one of the ones my ancestors believed in.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I said I'd do things differently, I didn't say I was going to become a Monk!

Thanks for the clarification, lol.

I wouldn't do things differently, not for that reason anyway. Sure I have some regrets in my life and I'm far from perfect, but I do try to be the best person I can be. I can't envision any God that would want more than that.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Even if you didn't change and never came to believe in Him that doesn't eliminate you from being gathered. Since the first that get gathered face a scene that is 1,000's of time more frightening than the events leading up to 'the return' being around for the first part might not be to their liking. Job:14 has him asking that the change not happen before all wrath is past, sending Satan and the fallen angels to the lake is as wrathful as it gets.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If we didn't win the lotto of life by being born Canadian with everything handed over on a silver platter would more people believe?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
So you are are completely free of "sin"?

Hell no. But I had sin even when I was a believer. I guess we now need to get into which god it is that hypothetically exists. It may not care one way or another about that stuff, or it could be a hardcore Kim Il Sung or Stalin like being. If thats the case we're screwed no matter what.