OMG! Catholic Schools Forcing Catholic Students To Take Religion Classes!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Catholic schools force students to study religion despite court order

Catholic schools in Ontario are requiring students to take religious courses despite a recent court decision that ruled they can’t be forced to attend.

In multiple correspondences reviewed by The Globe and Mail, Catholic school board officials from across the province have denied requests from Catholic high-school students that they be excused from religious studies on the basis that their parents are Catholic school ratepayers.

All of those students requested the exemptions for academic reasons, in hopes of spending more time on courses important to university applications and apprenticeship programs. But the boards contend that Catholic students aren’t eligible for the exemption because they aren’t eligible to attend public schools.

You know you don't have to send your kids to Catholic schools...

Blazing Cat Fur: OMG! Catholic Schools Forcing Catholic Students To Take Religion Classes!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Are these the only options for students in those areas? Why would you attend or have your child attend a catholic school if the religious studies portion weren't what you wanted to study?

What am I missing?

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Can someone please tell me why we still fund religious schools in this province?

Whatever happened to separation of church and state.

I gotta tell ya though, I'd love to go to a science class at a dogan school and watch them teach about evolution.

Would be a hoot.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Religion should be taught in Sunday School that's it. I am a retired Catholic and I remember
listening to this stuff in these classes it what formed my opinion to leave as soon as I was
out of the house.
When you have to force students to take religious teachings you understand the program is not
working.
This goes to the parents who want the child indoctrinated in the faith not to have the child chose
to participate. Its like parents saying in this house we believe this Da Da DA
If its said and not everyone believes then what? In our home we realized not everyone believed
the same thing and it wasn't bad its just that everyone thought for themselves.
If the parents want religion great no problem but forcing a child to take a course they may or may
not believe in is like the Taliban in a way. Force does not equate to learning or accepting it equates
to failure that it has to be forced.
I respect those who believe what they believe but I do not respect even parents who force something
down their children's throats

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Can someone please tell me why we still fund religious schools in this province?

Because religious families pay taxes and choose to send their kids to these schools

Whatever happened to separation of church and state.

Schools are not government... Had you attended a Separate School back in the day, you'd know this

I gotta tell ya though, I'd love to go to a science class at a dogan school and watch them teach about evolution.

Are you the kind of person that refers to Asians as 'chinks', folks of African descent as 'n*ggers' and Jews as 'kikes'?

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Because religious families pay taxes and choose to send their kids to these schools

Schools are not government... Had you attended a Separate School back in the day, you'd know this

Are you the kind of person that refers to Asians as 'chinks', folks of African descent as 'n*ggers' and Jews as 'kikes'?

What about other religions?

Do Catholic schools, funded from tax payers teach a religious doctrine?

Have I? I'd be a liar if a said no.....got a problem with that Mr. perfect?

Never said any of those words.....ever......how about wogs....that's a good one....retard....no never....not you.....give me a break.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What about other religions?

What about them?

There are all kinds of Charter schools with a religious focus that seek, and get a per student allocation

Do Catholic schools, funded from tax payers teach a religious doctrine?

Why wouldn't they?

You seem to forget that there are a ton of taxpayers that are Catholic.

Further, look into the history of the school systems throughout Canada. You will find that it was the religious organizations that were front and center way back in the day in building and operating schools, a century before the public system was even an idea

Have I? I'd be a liar if a said no.....got a problem with that Mr. perfect?

I am kinda perfect, aren't I?

Never said any of those words.....ever......how about wogs....that's a good one....retard....no never....not you.....give me a break.

'Dogan' is an unpleasant and unnecessary reference

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The Bible doesn't promote scabs on the knees as being a consequence of worship. Rainbow land, another Priest having an illegal orgasm.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
What about them?

There are all kinds of Charter schools with a religious focus that seek, and get a per student allocation

Why wouldn't they?

You seem to forget that there are a ton of taxpayers that are Catholic.

Further, look into the history of the school systems throughout Canada. You will find that it was the religious organizations that were front and center way back in the day in building and operating schools, a century before the public system was even an idea

I am kinda perfect, aren't I?

'Dogan' is an unpleasant and unnecessary reference

So should we fund Jewish schools?

A ton of tax payers who attend church?

Define a ton and what difference does that make?

If you want to learn religion go to your church.....that is where religious teaching belongs.

That was the past, this is now.

Oh and to say that you have never ever used a derogatory word to describe any group of people based on race, culture, physical disabilities or religion makes you a liar and a coward.

Keep pretending though.

Guess your Catholic eh?

Ever use a rubber?