Care to compare the Jesus you know to the one I know?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Care to compare the Jesus you know to the one I know?

I have been asked to do an O P showing my beliefs and have written anutshell view to fill that request.

I was a skeptic till the age of 39. I then had an apotheosis and laterbranded myself an esoteric ecumenist and Gnostic Christian. Gnostic Christianbecause I exemplify this quote from William Blake and that makes me as hated byChristians today as the ancient Gnostics that Constantine had the Christianskill when he bought the Catholic Church.

“Both read the Bible day andnight, But thou read'st black where I read white.”

This refers to how Gnostics tend to reverse, for moral reasons, whatChristians see in the Bible. We tend to recognize the evil ways of the O. T.God where literal Christians will see God’s killing as good.Christians are sheep where Gnostic Christians are goats.

This is perhaps why we see the use of a Jesus scapegoat as immoral,while theists like to make Jesus their beast of burden. An immoral position.

During my apotheosis, something that only lasted 5 or 6 seconds, theonly things of note to happen was that my paradigm of reality was confirmed andI was chastised to think more demographically. What I found was what I call acosmic consciousness. Not a new term but one that is a close but not exact fit.

I recognize that I have no proof. That is always the way withapotheosis.

This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no onehas yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than theyfor the cosmic consciousness or what I call; the Godhead.

The cosmic consciousness is not a miracle working God. It does notinterfere with us save when one of us finds it. Not a common thing from what Ican see. It is a part of nature and our next evolutionary step.

I tend to have more in common with atheists who ignore what they see asmy delusion because our morals are basically identical. Theist tend not to likeme much as I have no respect for literalists and fundamentals and think thatmost Christians have exaggerated tribal mentalities and poor morals as theyhave developed a double standard to be able to stomach their God.

I am rather between a rock and a hard place but this I cannot help.

I am happy to be questioned on what I believe but whether or not Godexists is basically irrelevant to this world for all that he does not do, and Iprefer to thrash out moral issues that can actually find an end point. Thesearch for God is never ending when you are of the Gnostic persuasion. Myapotheosis basically says that I am to ignore whatever God I found, God as aset of rules that is, not idol worship it but instead, raise my bar ofexcellence and seek further.

My apotheosis also showed me that God has no need for love, adoration orobedience. He has no needs. Man has dominion here on earth and is to be and isthe supreme being.

Since then, I have tried to collect information that would help any thatbelieve that apotheosis is possible, generally not Christians, --- as they donot believe in the mythical esoteric Jesus that I believe in and churches donot dare teach it.

This first clip gives the theological and philosophical interpretationof what Jesus taught and the second clip show what I think is a closerepresentation of the method that helped me push my apotheosis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

Basically, the usual Christian Jesus is their hero and savior while myversion demand that man himself steps up to the plate and save himself.

Which version do you think is more moral and deserving of praise andwhy?

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Let me disabuse your minds of any such prepossession at once. We have not invited you to hear of infantile nonsense of early child-humanity. On the contrary, it is our opinion that there is not a theme within the entire range of religious interest of such sublimity and authentic grandeur as this subject of the Sun-gods. We have come to the persuasion that this is the most important lecture that we have given or shall ever give. In it there is to be found the central thesis of all religion. We have asked you to hear an exposition of the cardinal principle of all true religion. Instead of dealing with an erratic notion of primitive barbarism, we have to present to you this evening the long-lost supreme datum of all high religion. And it is our design to show that religion in the world has drifted so far away from its original base that it no longer recognizes the very first and fundamental conception about which it was in the beginning constructed. The myth of the Sun-gods is the very heart's core of religion at its best.

To indicate the universality of the Sun-god myth it is only necessary to enumerate some thirty of the chief figures known as Sun-gods amongst the nations about the Eastern Mediterranean, before the advent of Jesus. There were in Egypt, Osiris, Horus, Serapis, Hermes or Taht (Thoth), Khunsu, Atum (Aten, Adon, the Adonis or Phrygia), Iusa, Iu-sa, Iu-em-hetep; in Syria, Atis, Sabazius, Zagreus, Kybele (feminine); in Assyria Tammuz; in Babylonia, Marduk and Sargon; in Persia, Mithra, Ahura-Mazda and the Zoroasters; in Greece, Orpheus, Bacchus (Dionysus), Achilles, Hercules, Theseus, Perseus, Jason, Prometheus; in India, Vyasa, Krishna, Buddha; in Tibet the Boddhisattvas; besides many others elsewhere.
Likewise in the ancient Mystery dramas the central character was ever the Sun-god the role being enacted by the candidate for initiation in person. He went through the several initiations as himself the type and representative of the solar divinity in the field of human experience.
Moreover, the Patriarchs, Prophets, Priests and Kings of Biblical lore are no less Sun-god figures. For in their several characteristics they are seen to be typical of the Christos.THE GREAT MYTH

Only ignorant savages believe in a meat and bone god. God is the stuff of stars.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
God isn't what you think it is.

Neither are you.

Regards
DL

You sure like to repeat yourself.....

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=cr&ei...n+esoteric+ecumenist+and+Gnostic+Christian".+

And I thought Jehovah witnesses were bad8O

What do you have against free speech and free association?

Regards
DL

My Jesus can kick the bejeezez out of your Jesus.

In what way?

Regards
DL

darkbeaver

Exactly. Any visible God or non changeable ideal becomes an idol and idol worship is for fools.

Regards
DL

richardscott

Oct 7, 2013
This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness or what I call; the Godhead.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yikes...another spaced out nut
Who? Walter?

This is also why I prefer to stick to issues of morality because no one has yet been able to prove that God is real and I have no more proof than they for the cosmic consciousness or what I call; the Godhead.
Welcome to the forum richard. Feel free to wade right in. Don't pay any attention to those who only see black & white. Life is much more interesting in the grey areas.