Was the Exodus natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

French Patriot

Was the Exodus natural orsupernatural, fact or fiction?

I have always had a problemwith the notion that God would have hardened Pharaohs soft heart and pave theway for him to killmurder the first born of Egypt For God to do so would havebeen evil indeed

Do you think that science hasexplained the purported miracles as natural phenomena?

From what I can see, the Jewswho wrote the story did not take it literally.

http://www.raceandhistory.com/historicalviews/doubtingexodus.htm

Should Christians recognizethe O T stories as natural or supernatural, fact or fiction?

Regards

DL

Goober
+2
To assist you I have posted the 800 direct line to God. Now do not mind being placed on hold as God will answer in order of priority. And God help you if you hang up before he gets to your call.
1 866- xxx- xxxx

damngrumpy
Are you kidding me? Of course it was real, it provided a Hollywood script that was
second to none with top movie stars. Would God not provide filmmakers with a real
script, something they could get their teeth into? You saw it on the movie screen
didn't you? Then it had to be real. Oh and who cares?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

To assist you I have posted the 800 direct line to God. Now do not mind being placed on hold as God will answer in order of priority. And God help you if you hang up before he gets to your call.
1 866- xxx- xxxx

I called, I never knew God lived in Mumbai.

Where are the hieroglyphs of the Habiru tribes being enslaved in Egypt?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I called, I never knew God lived in Mumbai.

Where are the hieroglyphs of the Habiru tribes being enslaved in Egypt?

As to Mumbai,people need work.
Looked it up - Interesting reading for later.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

As to Mumbai,people need work.
Looked it up - Interesting reading for later.

Call centers there pay $1200 a month which is big bucks in India. No wonder God set up there. Cheap, happy employees.

spaminator

ampx202b

petros
+1
Sorry but the arc story is malarky. Pharohs had arcs.

Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

ampx202b

This ranks right up there with a story told by ancient astronaut theorists.

Spade
+1
The story of Prometheus, the Titan, is true. He fashioned man out of clay and gave us fire. The following statue was carved as Prometheus posed. Now, there are no ancient statues of Moses. Or, Egyptian references.

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

The story of Prometheus, the Titan, is true. He fashioned man out of clay and gave us fire. The following statue was carved as Prometheus posed. Now, there are no ancient statues of Moses. Or, Egyptian references.

So sorry but here you go.

Spade
Moses looks too Northern European. I think that's a fake.

petros
+6
#12  Top Rated Post

The story of Prometheus, the Titan....

I dated his sister Promiscuous, the Tighten.

Spade
+1

I dated his sister Promiscuous, the Tighten.

Five stars for cleverness!

And now, for Goober. The Exodus from Africa.

Black Hebrews - Israel - YouTube

petros
+2

And now, for Goober. The Exodus from Africa.

Don't foget the Jewmaicans, Rastafari came from Ethiopian Jews.

Spade
+1
Others who didn't follow Moses because their first language was Chinese.

Chinese Jews from Kaifeng arrive in Israel 2009 - a moving documentary - YouTube

darkbeaver
+1
Charts of the "Holy Land of Canaan" have been
found extant in early Egypt as much as three hundred years before the alleged Israelite exodus, whence it is to be presumed that this promised land of peace and plenty was allegorical before it was historical. Massey states that an entablature on the wall of an Egyptian temple bore a list of some hundred and twenty place names afterwards localized in Palestine, at a date at least one hundred and fifty years before there could possibly have been an exodus of Israelites from Egypt. It requires little "proof" to ascertain that "Egypt" as used throughout the Bible has the meaning of the lower self or animal-human personality, indeed the physical body of man itself. Jerusalem means the "holy city" or the heavenly realms, which are in consciousness, not on the map.
http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm

To become Israel or Chosen one has to escape Egypt, the meaty beast. So it's very funny to hear meaty beasts make the claim.

petros
Why would a bunch of skilled up slaves wander around the desert without digging wells or building something to keep from the shade?

darkbeaver
Furthermore, in Old Testament allegorism, "Egypt" could only be escaped by crossing the "Red Sea." As elaborated elsewhere, the liquid nature of the human body--composed of seven-eighths water--and that red in color, really solves the mystery of the "Red Sea." The soul must pass through its ordeals of living experience in the red fluid of the body to make its final exodus from the "flesh pots of Egypt." At any rate corrected modern translations of the Scriptures have taken the Red Sea out of the text! In Moffatt's translation it has become, and correctly, the "Reed Sea." Literalists must stand dumbfounded at this disappearance of their geographical body of water from the story. Yet, oddly enough, that very phrase, when taken in another and its obviously true sense, brings it back to them as the (physical) body composed mainly as water. Literally enough they must know that they are making their evolutionary way from "Egypt" to "Canaan" through a red body of water--the human blood!THE LOST KEY TO

petros
+1
And there was Global Warming causing problems during the Bronze Age.

Corduroy
+1
It was aliens.

Spade
Aliens? No question! "Strangers in a strange land."
But don't take Michio Kaku's word for it

Michio Kaku UFOs are real - YouTube

Goober

Moses looks too Northern European. I think that's a fake.

Well I have never had a problem in being proven to be in error. Perhaps he just avoided the sun...................

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Furthermore, in Old Testament allegorism, "Egypt" could only be escaped by crossing the "Red Sea." As elaborated elsewhere, the liquid nature of the human body--composed of seven-eighths water--and that red in color, really solves the mystery of the "Red Sea." The soul must pass through its ordeals of living experience in the red fluid of the body to make its final exodus from the "flesh pots of Egypt." At any rate corrected modern translations of the Scriptures have taken the Red Sea out of the text! In Moffatt's translation it has become, and correctly, the "Reed Sea." Literalists must stand dumbfounded at this disappearance of their geographical body of water from the story. Yet, oddly enough, that very phrase, when taken in another and its obviously true sense, brings it back to them as the (physical) body composed mainly as water. Literally enough they must know that they are making their evolutionary way from "Egypt" to "Canaan" through a red body of water--the human blood!THE LOST KEY TO

Scientists Explain Red Sea Parting and Other Miracles - ABC News

As researchers prove the Red Sea really could have parted... How science backs the Bible's best stories | Mail Online

BBC News - Computers show how wind could have parted Red Sea

gopher
+2
God told Bush to invade Iraq and also told Herman Cain, Rick Perry, and for a short while Michelle Bachmann to run for the presidency.

Seems like the old goat can't make up his mind about anything.

petros
+2
Maybe it's al just malarky and no science needed?

French Patriot
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Are you kidding me? Of course it was real, it provided a Hollywood script that was
second to none with top movie stars. Would God not provide filmmakers with a real
script, something they could get their teeth into? You saw it on the movie screen
didn't you? Then it had to be real. Oh and who cares?

I do. I care about me fellowman and the evils of literal reading.
It is my view that all literalists and fundamentals hurt all of us whoare moral religionists as well as those who do not believe. They all hurt theirparent religions and everyone else who has a belief or not. They make us allinto laughing stocks and should rethink their position. There is a Godhead butnot the God of talking animals, genocidal floods and retribution. Beliefs infantasy, miracles and magic are evil.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Charts of the "Holy Land of Canaan" have been

found extant in early Egypt as much as three hundred years before the alleged Israelite exodus, whence it is to be presumed that this promised land of peace and plenty was allegorical before it was historical. Massey states that an entablature on the wall of an Egyptian temple bore a list of some hundred and twenty place names afterwards localized in Palestine, at a date at least one hundred and fifty years before there could possibly have been an exodus of Israelites from Egypt. It requires little "proof" to ascertain that "Egypt" as used throughout the Bible has the meaning of the lower self or animal-human personality, indeed the physical body of man itself. Jerusalem means the "holy city" or the heavenly realms, which are in consciousness, not on the map.
http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm

To become Israel or Chosen one has to escape Egypt, the meaty beast. So it's very funny to hear meaty beasts make the claim.

Always good to see someone who recognizes the esoteric and spiritual parts of the old text.

Work that single eye my friend.

I like the fact that Canadians have tossed religion out the window more than some other countries. I do not like the fact that they threw spirituality out along with it.

Regards
DL

Maybe it's al just malarky and no science needed?

Perhaps but if science can prove it a myth it is in all of our best interest.
Christianity should try to grow up sometime and the Rapture Ready crowd would stop wishing for their God to come down and fry the rest of us. Gays and women can use an equality break as well.

Regards
DL

L Gilbert
+1
It's not particularly good research to state a conclusion as proof when all that is backing up the conclusion are a couple possibilities. IF this happened, IF that happened, then MAYBE such-and-such is possible. I'd make a bet that the news media didn't understand the research fully.

Spade
Quite true...
Twenty-one percent of Canadians 15 years of age or older claim to attend religious (any religion) services weekly.
Matter of Fact: Canadians attend weekly religious services less than 20 years ago
Of course, people lie about attending religious services. Shame...
God knows, we lie about going to church
So, we as Canadians are not sunday-go-to-meetin' people, but I think most have a spiritual bent. That bent may be expressed in scientific pursuit, altruism, brotherhood, teaching, charity, peace activism, and so on.

Niflmir
Complete fiction.

The Exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Last edited by Niflmir; Feb 5th, 2013 at 07:13 PM..Reason: clarity

French Patriot
Quote: Originally Posted by NiflmirView Post

Complete fiction.

The Exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I agree but not completely.

I see it as a myth of theHyksos expulsion re-written for Semitic pride stroking.

That system of topologicalwriting was common in those days.

The N T may have been writtenthe same way thanks to the War of the Jews book and Rome’s deep purse.

Caesar39s Messiah Promo - YouTube

Further. The Egyptians mayhave recorded some of the events mimicked in the Exodus. See that clip at the1.05 mark.

Regards
DL

petros
+1
Do you believe tiny little Heebs would be used as industrial slave labour in Egypt? All the heavy lifting that would have been slave labour was up river in Karnak. Not Cairo.