Some old sun gods

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The ancients had no "only-begotten" son because the term used in their systems, miserably mistranslated "only-begotten," was something with quite a different connotation. It was in Greek "monogenes," and in Latin "unigenitus," and was far from meaning "only-begotten." It meant that which was begotten of one parent, the father, alone, not the offspring of the union of father and mother. By the term the ancients meant to designate him who was the projection into matter of the spirit forces of life, not the final product of the union of spirit and matter, or the male and female elements. Had the early Christian Fathers known of the inner meaning of the symbolism of the Egyptian Ptah, as Khepr-Ra, who was typed by the male beetle that incubated in the ground and without union with the female transformed and regenerated himself after twenty-eight days (exactly a moon cycle) in the form of the young scarab, symbol of the new-born sun in the moon, they would have been intelligent enough to have avoided the great schisms that divided the Church into Roman and Greek Catholic bodies over the abstrusities of this very origin of the persons of the Trinity. But Egypt was farther away from Rome of the third century than it is from us, who can now read the inscriptions that were sealed from them.
All this ancient scriptural data accentuates the fact that not the historical Jesus, but the spiritual Christ, or the god within the individual heart (as expounded in the lecture on Platonic Philosophy in the Bible) is the subject of the sacred writings of old, and the kernel of the whole religious ideology. Angelus Silesius has expressed this in a stanza which should be a perpetual reminder of the futility of clinging to the historical interpretation of Gospel literature.

• Though Christ a thousand times in Bethlehem be born,
    But not within thyself, thy soul will be forlorn;
    The cross on Golgotha thou lookest to in vain
    Unless within thyself it be set up again.
And the Christian hymn, "O Jesus, thou art standing, outside the fast-closed door," gives expression to the kindred idea that while we look across the map to localize the Christos in Judea, we keep the spiritual mentor of our own lives standing without, seeking an entrance into our lives in vain. By the aid of archaic sacred books we have been enabled to trace authentically the origin of the name Jesus. And it is of great importance to present this material, because it throws a flood of clear light upon the ancient conceptions of the Messiah and the coming Son, or Sun-god. In this light the name will be seen to be a type-designation and not the personal name of an historical being.
It is derived from the two letters (or numbers) which in the beginning of typology symbolized the two first elements, spirit and matter, into which the primal One Life bifurcated. They are the I (or 1) symboling the male or spirit, and the O (letter) or 0 (cipher) symboling the female or material universe. Together they represented the biune male-female deity. We have, then, the letters IO, or the number 10. As the vowels were freely interchanged, in ancient languages, the name was written either IO, IA, IE , or IU, and all these forms are found. Next the I transformed into consonantal value and became a J (as it is yet in Latin), so that we find the names JO, JA, JE and JU, from each of which many names have arisen. When the creation had combined the male and female and the two had given birth to the Son, or Logoic universe, the name was given the form of three letters, and we then find such forms as IAO, JAH, IEO, JEU, ZUE. When the universe became founded on the four cardinal points or the square of four dimensions, the name was spelled variously as IEOU, JOVE, ZEUS, JEVE, DIOS, T/HEOS, HUHI, IHUH and others. In its character as a sevenfold or seven-lettered name, it took the form of JEHOVAH, SABAOTH, DEBORAH, DELILAH, SEP/HIROT/H, MICHAEL, SOLOMON, and others of seven letters. The I permuted with l (el) or 1 (one), so that IE became LE or, inverted EL, the great Hebrew character of deity. The EL and the IAH (JAH), became the most frequent determinatives of divinity, as a host of names will testify. There are Bethel, Emanuel, Michael, Israel, Gabriel, Samuel, Abdiel, Uriel, Muriel Azazel, and many others, in which the EL is prefixed. The JAH is seen in such names as EliJAH, AbiJAH, while the IAH comes in a host of such names as Nehemiah, Jeremiah, Obediah, Hezekiah, Isaiah, Messiah, Alleluiah and more.
But whence comes the "s" in Jesus's name? This is of great importance. It is derived from an Egyptian suffix written either SA, SE, SI, SU, or SAF, SEF, SIF or SUF (SAPH, SEPH, SIPH or SUPH) and meaning "the son," "heir," "prince" or successor to the father. (The F is an Egyptian ending for the masculine singular.) When the original symbol of divinity, IO or IE, JO or JE, was combined with the Egyptian suffix for the succeeding heir, SU or SA, the resultant was the name IUSA, IUSE, IUSU, or IOSE; or IESU, JESU, IUSEF, IOSEF, JOSEF. One of the many forms was JESU and another was JOSEF. The final F became sibilant at times and gave us the eventual form of JESUS. The name then meant the "divine son," and combined in the Egyptian IU the idea of the coming one. Hence JESUS was the Messiah, the coming son of the divine life. There was in Egypt for ten thousand years B.C. the character of this functionary under the name of IUSA. Later he was the Iu-em-hetep, which means "the divine son who comes with peace (hetep). But most interestingly, this last word also means seven. Hence Jesus is he who comes as the seventh principle to complete the six elementary powers of natural evolution with the gift of divine intelligence, which supplants the elementary chaos with the rulership of love and intelligence and thus brings peace into a warring situation. Hence finally, Jesus is the seventh cosmic principle, announced in all religious lore as he who comes to bring peace and good will to men. And as such he was announced in the Christian Gospels. But there was more than one Jesus or IUSA or IU before the coming of the alleged historical Jesus.

Alvin Boyd Kuhn The great myth of the sun gods

The Great Myth of the SUN-GODS - by Alvin Boyd Kuhn

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Interesting stuff and barely scratches the surface of this man's work.

I have read his book The Lost Light. It is an absolutely amazing explanation of the wedding, spirit and matter. When someone is kind and suggests certain tomes or I fall on them myself I'm amazed at the great intelligence of the ancients and reminded why we in this era are so little concerned with their accomplishments and discoveries. It is without doubt that we are a backward remnant of a once great civilization that existed prior to 12,800 years ago and was all but washed away.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
speaking of sun gods,

Happy Beltane one & all

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Terrified little people making up sky daddies to rescue them from the simple reality that if they are wiped out tomorrow, no one will know or care.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Terrified little people making up sky daddies to rescue them from the simple reality that if they are wiped out tomorrow, no one will know or care.
No sky daddies, bones. Pagans are earth based religions, like the Celts and Injuns. Beltane is a Celtic or Wicca tradition celebrated with dancing around the May Pole.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No sky daddies, bones. Pagans are earth based religions, like the Celts and Injuns.
Every time you open your mouth talking about "the Indians," you again reveal yourself as a true-born ignoramus of the Wa-na-be people.

Fact, Fauxcahontas. "Indians" for the last 20,000 years practiced every form of religion imaginable: monotheism, polytheism, ancestor worship, naturism, animism, deism, living god-kings, you name it.

It's been 44 years since Billy Jack stood in the ruins of an Anasazi temple dressed as a Comanche being bitten by a rattlesnake to induce a Lakotah vision, because that's what "the Indians" do. Isn't it about time you Wa-na-bes gave up on the idea that there ever was a single Indian culture or outlook?

Until you appendixes came along and imposed one, that is.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Every time you open your mouth talking about "the Indians," you again reveal yourself as a true-born ignoramus of the Wa-na-be people.

Fact, Fauxcahontas. "Indians" for the last 20,000 years practiced every form of religion imaginable: monotheism, polytheism, ancestor worship, naturism, animism, deism, living god-kings, you name it.

It's been 44 years since Billy Jack stood in the ruins of an Anasazi temple dressed as a Comanche being bitten by a rattlesnake to induce a Lakotah vision, because that's what "the Indians" do. Isn't it about time you Wa-na-bes gave up on the idea that there ever was a single Indian culture or outlook?

Until you appendixes came along and imposed one, that is.
Such a nasty temperament this early in the day. You are the one generalizing. Do you expect me to write a book with all the variables every time I mention indigenous peoples? The are 35,000 different Christian sects. I seem to recall you generalizing about them "sky daddy" worshipers. Have another coffee and get off your high horse, or should I say Pony.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Such a nasty temperament this early in the day. You are the one generalizing. Do you expect me to write a book with all the variables every time I mention indigenous peoples? The are 35,000 different Christian sects. I seem to recall you generalizing about them "sky daddy" worshipers. Have another coffee and get off your high horse, or should I say Pony.
Generalizing? I ain't the one claiming that 200 million people on two continents for 20,000 years had a single religion.

Nasty temperament? Yeah, I'll cop to that. After half a century, the ignorant crap you Shemanese appendixes spout would drive the Dalai Lama to mayhem.

"Sky daddy" worshippers? You bet. I'll stand on that, patiently waiting and laughing myself sick for you or anybody else religious to produce the first shred of evidence that your "faith" has any more basis in fact than Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings.

So, as my people say, slainte uaile, Silly Jack.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Y'know, using tools as musical instruments is a one-way street. It don't work the other way around.

Trust me, it cost me a lot of money when I tested this theory by trying to chop up some firewood with a violin.

Some tools make music. Kanye for one.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Never heard of it but I like it none the less.:).

Never heard of Beltane??

It is the one non-Abrahamic holiday that was not adopted by Christians. It encompasses Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Mummer's parade, and Thanksgiving all at once and is the greatest holiday in all creation.

When I was a little kid in Brooklyn the boys would do the anti war Morris dance formation:

and as shown in the post above, girls would dance the Maypole:

It should be made into a national holiday.