Iran says cheap "Made in China" Qurans full of typos

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
ran's Organization of the Holy Quran is scolding Iranian publishers who've outsourced production of the holy book to Chinese printers. Apparently, their copies of the Quran are riddled with typos, according to the Tehran Times.

"These tableaus are made quite cheaply in China but are sold for much more than they are really worth to make that much more profit," said an official with the organization who monitors and evaluates Qurans available in Iran.

The official even urged importers to halt future Quran shipments from China, the Times reported.
If you're keeping score at home, China is accused of shipping out seafood laden with putrefying bacteria, toys laden with lead, totally fake eggs and, now, tainted Qurans.

Iran says cheap "Made in China" Qurans full of typos – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
ran's Organization of the Holy Quran is scolding Iranian publishers who've outsourced production of the holy book to Chinese printers. Apparently, their copies of the Quran are riddled with typos, according to the Tehran Times.

"These tableaus are made quite cheaply in China but are sold for much more than they are really worth to make that much more profit," said an official with the organization who monitors and evaluates Qurans available in Iran.

The official even urged importers to halt future Quran shipments from China, the Times reported.
If you're keeping score at home, China is accused of shipping out seafood laden with putrefying bacteria, toys laden with lead, totally fake eggs and, now, tainted Qurans.

Iran says cheap "Made in China" Qurans full of typos – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

What did they expect to happen? If you outsource something to another country who's main language differs from yours, I would expect there to be typos.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I wonder how many bibles are printed in China that are full of errors that nobody has noticed? Might account for some of the misunderstandings that some come up with.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What did they expect to happen? If you outsource something to another country who's main language differs from yours, I would expect there to be typos.
I heard a rumour during Desert Storm where the US outsourced a condom contract to Japan and got a few million condoms that were too small for the soldiers to wear so they were used to keep the desert sand out of their rifles instead. Can anybody verify that one?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Oh come on, this is great! I bet the Iranians don't dare call for fat-twat on the Chinese people.

Sorry I got my spell check from China too.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

You may have just started a jeep-hat.