The End of the World is Coming

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Do they have a specific time? Because I have a spa appointment Saturday morning.

Really, who ends the world on a Saturday? Monday morning, before work preferrable, if you absolutely must!

;)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
And the time zones have to be adjusted because preference will be given to
Newfoundland at they get an extra half hour, I have always thought that was
so unfair.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
At first glance it does seem unfair, but personally I'd give them the extra half hour.

I never met a Newfoundlander I didn't like.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Does the end of the world respect time zones? What a way to screw up a long weekend. Figures.... Weather forecast says Saturday is supposed to be the nicest day here too....

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Wasn't this supposed to happen on December 31st, 1999 at midnight?

I know that I made a mint in 1999 going through all our programs to avoid disaster predicted by 'experts'.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I ran into a friend the other day. Said he was looking to buy a travel trailer because all the yuppies were selling off all their toys in an "End of World Sale". I've noticed that Craigslist, Kijiji and Castanet are full of toys for sale.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Afghanistan has been predicting the end of the world for nearly six thousand years,
they don't know what peace is. Unfortunately there are always earth quakes and
volcanoes and floods so God is always busy. I would hope people can sue them for
false prophecy. Maybe we could require that churches be liable for false prophesy
and while we are at it, they should apply the same to fortune tellers and clairvoyants
and others.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I tend to stay up really late, so I will probably sleep in and miss it. Let me know if anything exciting happens.

End of the world coming soon????
Just move to Afghanistan..........They're fifty year behind times;-)

50 years? Try ten centuries. How else do you view a culture that treats women like livestock?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I wish it would happen already. I'm Rapture ready and have no qualms about eating the dead if need be.

Anything goes good with Hy's.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I tend to stay up really late, so I will probably sleep in and miss it. Let me know if anything exciting happens.

50 years? Try ten centuries. How else do you view a culture that treats women like livestock?
It wasn't that long ago that our society treated women like chattel too. We tend to forget how recently women won the vote or could have their own bank accounts or go to college for other reasons than finding a husband.

As for the rapture, it has been predicted for at least every decade for 1700 years.

I wish it would happen already. I'm Rapture ready and have no qualms about eating the dead if need be.

Anything goes good with Hy's.
Don't know if I would want to eat a dead person unless they have been freshly killed. As a friend once said, "if they are so damn anxious to meet their maker, I would be happy to help them out and send them on their way".