The End of the World is Coming

lone wolf
The chances are still good I will go at the age of 102 after being shot by a jealous husband.....

...the chances are better I will be in their crossfire

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

The only way you will live for a million years is to keep being recycled as worm food after you're buried. This constant renewal of the life cycle through the energy they get from you decomposing body is all you get.

How do you know for certain that man is only his body not his spirit or soul which will endure forever?
Have you gone to the afterlife to see is it true or not?

This is in the Quran 78: 40
إِنَّا أَنذَرْنَاكُمْ عَذَابًا قَرِيبًا يَوْمَ يَنظُرُ الْمَرْءُ مَا قَدَّمَتْ يَدَاهُ وَيَقُولُ الْكَافِرُ يَا لَيْتَنِي كُنتُ تُرَابًا

The explanation:
(The day when [believing] man shall behold what [charity] his hands have forwarded [to the afterlife],

but the disbeliever shall say: "Would that I were dust [to get rid of the torment like my body that has become dust so it has got rid of the punishment.]")

quran-ayat.co
Last edited by eanassir; May 27th, 2011 at 03:33 PM..

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassirView Post

No, that is not all; there will be the afterlife when man will live for millions of years with his ethereal spiritual soul, not with his material body which will decay and become dust.
Then the disbeliever will wish that he would be dust like his decayed body, but he will discover he has gone to the spirit world.
The soul after death

I have heaven right here right now for all my life. I'm not a bad person I am just not subservient and feel the need to accept that my life is just an insignificant part of someone else's ego trip.

eanassir
You say this now that you are in a good condition, but you are ungrateful to God, and you satisfy with your worldly life and forget about the afterlife.

As in the Quran 10: 7-8

إَنَّ الَّذِينَ لاَ يَرْجُونَلِقَاءنَا وَرَضُواْ بِالْحَياةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاطْمَأَنُّواْ بِهَا وَالَّذِينَهُمْ عَنْ آيَاتِنَا غَافِلُونَ .
أُوْلَـئِكَ مَأْوَاهُمُ النُّارُ بِمَا كَانُواْيَكْسِبُونَ
The explanation:
Those who look not for the meeting with Us, and are pleased with thepresent Worldly life, and are pleased with the present Worldly life, and areassured therewith, and who are heedless of Our signs [of revelation.]
Such will have [Hell-]Fire as their refuge [on the Day of Judgment],according to what [sins] they have earned

PoliticalNick

How do you know for certain that man is only his body not his spirit or soul which will endure forever?
Have you gone to the afterlife to see is it true or not?

Yeah, I went there for a business meeting last Thursday. We were trying to decide which holy book was the first one moved out of the joke section of the library and if they should be returned in the same order they came out.

Endure forever, LOLOLOLOL! Nothing is forever, not even the universe. You attempt to explain your inane, pitiful tiny existence in the universe through some ancient book and belief in an unseen, all-knowing superpower is hilarious.

Unforgiven

You say this now that you are in a good condition, but you are ungrateful to God, and you satisfy with your worldly life and forget about the afterlife.
As in the Quran 10: 7-8
إَنَّ الَّذِينَ لاَ يَرْجُونَلِقَاءنَا وَرَضُواْ بِالْحَياةِ الدُّنْيَا وَاطْمَأَنُّواْ بِهَا وَالَّذِينَهُمْ عَنْ آيَاتِنَا غَافِلُونَ .أُوْلَـئِكَ مَأْوَاهُمُ النُّارُ بِمَا كَانُواْيَكْسِبُونَThe explanation:
Those who look not for the meeting with Us, and are pleased with thepresent Worldly life, and are pleased with the present Worldly life, and areassured therewith, and who are heedless of Our signs [of revelation.]
Such will have [Hell-]Fire as their refuge [on the Day of Judgment],according to what [sins] they have earned

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Understand that I say all these books were nothing more than books. You can believe what you want about them, but I only consider them books written by men. So it is that listing some passage from a book is like me reading something to you from a story book and expecting it to have some deeper meaning to you.

Sorry it's just a book. As far as I know, not believe, there is no such thing as an after life. No amount of saying "oh you'll be sorry cause my book says so" is going to change my mind.

But you have had this discussion before haven't you eanassir?
Why is it that the moment someone makes a claim and is shown to be false like this last end of the world scam, and it is a scam, do you feel that you need to jump on it and claim up and down that it's the truth?

Believe what you want to believe but don't ever say that no one told you it was all just a story to make you behave and maybe make a little money off you at the same time. You now know, I have just told you.

talloola
+1
[QUOTE=eanassir;1433519]You say this now that you are in a good condition, but you are ungrateful to God, and you satisfy with your worldly life and forget about the afterlife.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe in any afterlife, so that is that.

I don't believe in any gods, so that is that.

You think what you believe has any effect on me or anyone like me, you are wrong, what you believe
only effects you.

You are like a door to door salesman, they just talk, talk, talk, but they never listen.

you're selling what?, sorry but i'm not interested,
we don't want, um, excuse me? I said, we don't want any, have you had your ears checked lately?
oh dear, guess I'll just shut the door quietly, but he probably won't stop talking, doesn't matter,
I won't hear him.

JLM
[QUOTE=talloola;1433751]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't believe in any afterlife, so that is that.

I don't believe in any gods, so that is that.

You think what you believe has any effect on me or anyone like me, you are wrong, what you believe
only effects you.

You are like a door to door salesman, they just talk, talk, talk, but they never listen.

you're selling what?, sorry but i'm not interested,
we don't want, um, excuse me? I said, we don't want any, have you had your ears checked lately?
oh dear, guess I'll just shut the door quietly, but he probably won't stop talking, doesn't matter,
I won't hear him.

If you figure out a way to democratically and diplomatically evaporate these wingnuts, let me know.

Dexter Sinister
+1
Well, of course the end of the world is coming, there's no room for doubt about that. The sun won't last forever, and without the sun there's no chance that any form of life as we know it could exist on this planet. But that's many billion years in the future, and humanity will in all probability be long gone by then anyway. Most of the species that have ever lived are now extinct, and very few species last more than a few tens of millions of years, that's just the way nature operates, extinction is normal and predictable and there's no reason to think it won't happen to us too. And most days I think the planet would be better off without us.

Ariadne
The End of the World is Coming

not again ... and ... because we know there will be an end, it's fun to guess when.
I guess someone got it wrong ... but did he or she get rich in the process?

Imagine having to publicly declare that the end of the world won't happen for a couple of thousand years; 10+ generations, so to carry on as usual - there's no money in that. Best to say that the end of the world will happen to living people. Y2K cashed in nicely.
Last edited by Ariadne; May 28th, 2011 at 03:36 AM..

dpwozney
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

As for the rapture, it has been predicted for at least every decade for 1700 years.

Quote:

Camping had insisted that the so-called "Rapture" -- when good Christians are swept up to heaven and the not-so-good stay behind to suffer until the end of the world -- would begin with powerful earthquakes at 6:00 pm local time on Saturday in each of the world's regions.

During the rapture (1 Corinthians 15:51-54, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17), Jesus comes as a thief (Revelation 16:15). Therefore, God does not employ prophets to prophesy the day or the hour of the rapture.

The coming of the Son of man to earth, as referred to in Matthew 24:30, will not be the Son of man coming as a thief, because of all of the preceding signs in Matthew 24:5-29.

Quote:

"The Bible guarantees the end of the world will begin with Judgment Day May 21, 2011."

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

(AFP) ... WASHINGTON ó The end of the world is still coming, just a little later than originally planned, said a US radio minister after his prediction that Judgment Day would come last weekend flopped.

The time of the rapture is the end of the age, the present church age, not the end of the world. The earth abideth forever (Ecclesiastes 1:4).

"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." (Ephesians 3:21)

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by dpwozneyView Post

During the rapture (1 Corinthians 15:51-54, 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17), Jesus comes as a thief (Revelation 16:15). Therefore, God does not employ prophets to prophesy the day or the hour of the rapture.

The coming of the Son of man to earth, as referred to in Matthew 24:30, will not be the Son of man coming as a thief, because of all of the preceding signs in Matthew 24:5-29.

The time of the rapture is the end of the age, the present church age, not the end of the world. The earth abideth forever (Ecclesiastes 1:4).

"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." (Ephesians 3:21)

Interesting, but what are your thoughts on the matter? Or do you have any?

JLM
Every day is a new beginning of the end of the world. You gotta wonder what kind of minds gets obsessed with this sh*t!

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Every day is a new beginning of the end of the world. You gotta wonder what kind of minds gets obsessed with this sh*t!

sure glad its not you and me, my friend, we have much more interesting and constructive thoughts
each and every day.

life is 'only' so long, why clog it up with sludge.

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You mean I gotta be ready for the rapture every day? How the heck am I supposed to have any fun?

ironsides
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Interesting, but what are your thoughts on the matter? Or do you have any?

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

You mean I gotta be ready for the rapture every day? How the heck am I supposed to have any fun?

Live for today, for tomorrow may never come. Lets go out and max. out all our cards.

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

So it is that listing some passage from a book is like me reading something to you from a story book and expecting it to have some deeper meaning to you...
As far as I know, not believe, there is no such thing as an after life.

It is like a threat you received (from God, not from me so that someone may think it in some way or another); it is like you are warned and you pay no attention; so it is up to you to believe or not ... to receive such threat seriously or to take the warning in jest and heedlessness.
Or one may take the subject of the afterlife seriously, and win at last.
And you now say there is no afterlife; but if you die and discover it is true that you have become a soul in the afterlife world, what will you then do?

Unforgiven

It is like a threat you received (from God, not from me so that someone may think it in some way or another); it is like you are warned and you pay no attention; so it is up to you to believe or not ... to receive such threat seriously or to take the warning in jest and heedlessness.

Or one may take the subject of the afterlife seriously, and win at last.
And you now say there is no afterlife; but if you die and discover it is true that you have become a soul in the afterlife world, what will you then do?

A warning to bow down or else? Meh, I'll take door number two please. There are plenty of people right now warning me that I better do this or that or I might pay the price later on. Not that there has been even one single verifiable example of the presences of some higher form of existence than I am experiencing right now. What's more you telling me that what you say is a warning from god is still just you telling me something you read in a book written by yet another person. God could simply come along an tell me itself what it wants of me and I would be happy to oblige. Instead I am expected to trust your interpretation of what someone else writes and insists it's what God wants?

Please don't take me for a fool.

I will stand to be judged on my words and actions I would hope anyway. If I am judged on how obedient I am or how much I show everyone else here my huge support of God then that judgement probably won't mean much of anything at all to me anyway.

eanassir
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Well, of course the end of the world is coming, there's no room for doubt about that. The sun won't last forever, and without the sun there's no chance that any form of life as we know it could exist on this planet. But that's many billion years in the future, and humanity will in all probability be long gone by then anyway. Most of the species that have ever lived are now extinct, and very few species last more than a few tens of millions of years, that's just the way nature operates, extinction is normal and predictable and there's no reason to think it won't happen to us too. And most days I think the planet would be better off without us.

Billions of years in mathmatics ... it is about infinity

Anyhow, no one knows what meal he will eat tomorrow on the breakfast.

1- There had been a planet in an orbit between Mars and Jupiter; and for that planet it had its Doomsday earlier than the rest of the solar system planets. The same thing may happen to Earth.

So God warned people of a similar thing may happen to them, and God can then break up their earth like that planet.
As in the Quran 67: 16
أَأَمِنتُم مَّن فِي السَّمَاء أَن يَخْسِفَ بِكُمُ الأَرْضَ فَإِذَا هِيَ تَمُورُ

The explanation:

(Do you [people] feel secure that [God] Who is in heaven will not cleave the earth with you, [as did He cleave another earth with its people before you], so that it then [shall] violently heave?)

The interpretation: Have you [people] taken security from the punishment and might of God ? Arenít you afraid that He will destroy your Earth, as had He destroyed an inhabited earth before you, then the pieces of that destroyed planet started to swim and move about, i.e. swim in the space, and none had survived alive, and as such will your earth be if He breaks it up.
The mistake of Astronomers about the Asteroids 1

2- If we see the changes that afflicted Venus and before it Mercury, why not such changes may afflict the Earth after these two planets?

Dexter Sinister

...why not such changes may afflict the Earth... ?

No reason why not, in fact it's certain. There was a time in the past when the Earth was unsuitable for life, and there will be a time in the future when the Earth won't be suitable for life again. In the meantime there will continue to be major extinction events like the five we know have already happened, until the last one when everything goes. I don't see any religious significance in that, there are adequate naturalistic explanations for it all.

Cliffy

Billions of years in mathmatics ... it is about infinity
Anyhow, no one knows what meal he will eat tomorrow on the breakfast.
1- There had been a planet in an orbit between Mars and Jupiter; and for that planet it had its Doomsday earlier than the rest of the solar system planets. The same thing may happen to Earth.
So God warned people of a similar thing may happen to them, and God can then break up their earth like that planet.
As in the Quran 67: 16
أَأَمِنتُم مَّن فِي السَّمَاء أَن يَخْسِفَ بِكُمُ الأَرْضَ فَإِذَا هِيَ تَمُورُ
The explanation:

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
And if it happened tomorrow or in a billion years, what could anybody do about it? How can anybody prepare for something like the total destruction of the planet? If you did nothing but prepare for that eventuality, what would you have accomplished? Nothing. You would still be dead along with everybody else. So why bother even thinking about it?

Dexter Sinister
+1
Well, once you're convinced that some part of your personality will survive the death of your body and live on forever if you behave a certain way, then you might decide it's your right and duty to try to make everyone behave that way, even if you have to threaten to kill them to do it...

Cliffy

Well, once you're convinced that some part of your personality will survive the death of your body and live on forever if you behave a certain way, then you might decide it's your right and duty to try to make everyone behave that way, even if you have to threaten to kill them to do it...

That may be how some of the religious behave, but I do believe in the possibility of some form of continued consciousness that does not require me to behave in any particular way or believe in some psycho god or even convince anybody what I believe is true. I don't think a person has to be religious to be a wingnut or that all religious people are wingnuts, but it seems to help many.

JLM

Good post, but the end of the body doesn't necessarily mean the end of the "running gear". But nobody knows for sure.

lone wolf
Part of me will live on.... I have the grandkids to prove it. Actual me will eventually crumble into Earth - just the way it is meant to be. God, in my heart and mind, is a personal thing. It prevents me from deluding myself into believing that I AM God.

Is the end of the world coming soon? It is for those diabolical dandelions I'm going out to lop heads off as soon as I finish this coffee....

no new posts