$700 b b b b b b billion bailout

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Am I hearing correctly today that the tax payers of the U.S. are now going to be paying $2300 a piece to bailout large financial institutions?

WTF!

This is the neo-cons at work alright.:roll:

What do all the people losing their homes get?

I'll tell ya, taxed to pay for the big boys.:angryfire:

Un frickin real.:-?

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
We could have 100 more LHCs for that kind of d'oh. Still it's sort of like a money sucking black hole all the same eh?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
They are paying money into banks that heretofor, made nothing but money. Is this just a way for Bush to reward his friends? It would have been better to put the money into construction projects and things that get people working. Giving the banks money will mainly help the banks, who have forclosed on God knows how many homes..

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Am I hearing correctly today that the tax payers of the U.S. are now going to be paying $2300 a piece to bailout large financial institutions?

WTF!

This is the neo-cons at work alright.:roll:

What do all the people losing their homes get?

I'll tell ya, taxed to pay for the big boys.:angryfire:

Un frickin real.:-?

It's capitalists Avro, ya just can't say it can you. Neo-cons are employed by capitalist. :lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
They are paying money into banks that heretofor, made nothing but money. Is this just a way for Bush to reward his friends? It would have been better to put the money into construction projects and things that get people working. Giving the banks money will mainly help the banks, who have forclosed on God knows how many homes..

That's right, and the part they really won't like is that, they have to do it right out in the
open, instead of behind closed doors, as they usually do.
But it is the 'people' money, or it used to be, now it belongs to china.

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
<H3><H3><H3>The Demise of Central Banking

In many regards, this worldwide crisis marks the demise of central banking meaning the derogation of national economic sovereignty and the inability of the national State to control money creation on behalf of society. In other words, privately held money reserves in the hands of "institutional speculators" far exceed the limited capabilities of the World's central banks. The latter acting individually or collectively are no longer able to fight the tide of speculative activity. Monetary policy is in the hands of private creditors who have the ability to freeze State budgets, paralyze the payments process, thwart the regular disbursement of wages to millions of workers (as in the former Soviet Union) and precipitate the collapse of production and social programs. As the crisis deepens, speculative raids on central banks are extending into China, Latin America and the Middle East with devastating economic and social consequences.

http://www.nadir.org/nadir/initiativ/agp/free/chossudovsky/demise.htm

All you have to do is read the bottom of my posts.
</H3></H3></H3>

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The next stage will be a run on thousands of highly leveraged hedge funds. After a brief lock-up period, investors in such funds can redeem their investments on a quarterly basis; thus a bank-like run on hedge funds is highly possible. Hundreds of smaller, younger funds that have taken excessive risks with high leverage and are poorly managed may collapse. A massive shake-out of the bloated hedge fund industry is likely in the next two years.

http://www.rgemonitor.com/roubini-m...an_and_goldman_now_being_converted_into_banks

It is all coming to an end my friends......

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
The Great Depression was the worst economic slump ever in U.S. history, and one which spread to virtually all of the industrialized world. The depression began in late 1929 and lasted for about a decade. Many factors played a role in bringing about the depression; however, the main cause for the Great Depression was the combination of the greatly unequal distribution of wealth throughout the 1920's, and the extensive stock market speculation that took place during the latter part that same decade. The maldistribution of wealth in the 1920's existed on many levels. Money was distributed disparately between the rich and the middle-class, between industry and agriculture within the United States, and between the U.S. and Europe. This imbalance of wealth created an unstable economy. The excessive speculation in the late 1920's kept the stock market artificially high, but eventually lead to large market crashes. These market crashes, combined with the maldistribution of wealth, caused the American economy to capsize.

Sound familiar.....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Bush looked like the same guy painting everyone into a corner over the Iraq war. 'Just give me the authority and blank cheque, you have to trust me and you need to do it by friday'.

B00Mer

Make Canada Great Again
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.canadianforums.ca
Bush looked like the same guy painting everyone into a corner over the Iraq war. 'Just give me the authority and blank cheque, you have to trust me and you need to do it by friday'.

agreed...

I was a Bush supporter up until today. Don't agree with the bailout whatsoever.

Financial doomsday, bull ****!!! This rewards the greedy bankers and people who over extended themselves.

What about the responsible people, who pay their bills.. now they have to bail out those who didn't.

Fukk the CEO's, Fukk Wall St...

The bail out will slow down the recession just long enough for a certain few to get their money out and safe... then fukk the rest in 6 months to a year. mark my words.

/////

jjaycee98

Electoral Member
Jan 27, 2006
British Columbia
Kinda makes ya want to be a bank in a way doesn't it?

There is part of the problem! In the USA you CAN own a bank and many individuals do outright own a bank. I am not talking Shareholders here as in holding stocks worth about $40 each but actually owning the Bricks and Mortar and Desks and Computers. The US system is set up that way.

Canada has much tighter regulations both for Banks and for Lending. The US had regulations in place to prevent just this sort of situation. Greed of Managers and Polititions managed to change the laws in order to line their pockets. This is where the FBI in investigating and analyst seem to think there will be convictions.

In Canada-the availability of Mortgage Insurance does protect some people in the case of job loss. We did have a period though when people were offered "no down payment" lending and that may come to bite!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
agreed...

I was a Bush supporter up until today.

Til today?

What are ya, an idiot?

Yeah, it must be all the great decisions he has made during his failed presidency.

If you said you support him as the worst president ever, then I take it back, you are not an idiot.:lol:

So you don't like the bailout then? So does that mean are you now not going to support McCain either?

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/reid-mccain-to-support-bailout-2008-09-23.html

This is sort of like telling nomad it was made by humans.

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Is it a coincidence that the bailout cost is almost the same as the cost of the war in Iraq? What I don't understand is that Bush is still walking around. Why has he not been impeached?