Woman Growing Steel Bristles

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
http://www.pokerallied.com/cura/index.php/steel-bristle-grow-from-a-stomach.html

Steel Bristle Grow From a Stomach

For the past 17 years, a woman in Sengata, East Kutai, has claimed to periodically grow steely bristle of up to 20 centimeters in length from her chest and belly.
“Thousands of bristles have and grown and fallen from my body since 1991,” said the 40-year-old Noorsyaidah.
“It is very painful when the bristle are about to come out from the pores,” she said in Samarinda, where she had come from her village for a medical check-up at A Wahab Syahranie Hospital.
She said she had given many of the bristles to researchers, doctors, or visitors for research, diagnostic purposes or as curios.
The hospital, which conducted an X-ray photo earlier this month, diagnosed the symptoms as “unusual in the medical world”.
“We call the bristles alien things…. This is really a very unusual case,” hospital director Sirafuddin said.
Sirafuddin said the hospital suggested surgery to remove the bristles, but Noor declined, despite having pursued a number of alternative treatments to no avail.
Noor said that last week three more bristle came out, two on her chest and the other on her belly. The hospital reports there are currently a total of 35 bristle protruding from Noor’s body.
Noor, who is a graduate of Mulawarman University’s school of social and political sciences, has been nicknamed the “wire woman”.
She said she decided not to get married because she did not want to disappoint a man because of the condition.
She said that to prevent the bristle from hurting her skin, she wore the upper part of a two-piece mukena, the loose clothing worn by Muslim women, and trousers only up to her lower abdomen.
Noor teaches autistic children at a foundation in Sengata that provides education to children with developmental disabilities. In the afternoons, she gives private courses to some of her students.
“I’m emotionally very close to my students. I feel I’m useful among them,” she said.
“I’ll keep struggling for my recovery. I want the best for me,” said Noor, adding that she was hoping to go overseas to seek treatment with the help of a benefactor.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
well, as someone pointed out on the website, if she shoved them all the way in, they'd stay there for a while. Then her body would start to work them out, like any other foreign object. I know a guy who had his face crushed into gravel, and it took over two years for all of the bits of stone to work their way out. A cousin whose face was shredded on a car window took almost six months before the last of the glass worked its way out.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What are the chances do you think, that this woman is simply trying to avoid marriage?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
You know what those things look like? Straightened paper-clips.

Is that hair sized thing you can see in the large pic supposed to be one too? Weird.....

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Steely bristle? I wonder what the chemical composition is. I'm having problems hypothesizing how that could happen.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
some of them are wound around eachother like they come out of cable of some sort.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Yah, well there is that and that's the most likely explanation, but then you have to wonder what kind of medical center wouldn't be able to see that. I was curious about if it's even possible, like some weird genetic abnormality that accumulates metals and then pushes them out in hair-like strands, but that's really out there...:D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I could be wrong, but sticking sharp objects into your stomach could puncture an intestine or the stomach wall and she could die a horrible death from peritonitis.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I could be wrong, but sticking sharp objects into your stomach could puncture an intestine or the stomach wall and she could die a horrible death from peritonitis.

I agree. How she has avoided serious injury or infection so far is beyond me.8O

Perhaps they should check her out to see if there is anything in her past that would make her want to do this to herself.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Looks like she has ample amounts of skin & fat to insert those bristles into, I don't think she'll puncture anything other then mush

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yah, well there is that and that's the most likely explanation, but then you have to wonder what kind of medical center wouldn't be able to see that. I was curious about if it's even possible, like some weird genetic abnormality that accumulates metals and then pushes them out in hair-like strands, but that's really out there...:D

well, there have been cases of other unexplained things, like a girl who cries glass. But, I really can't fathom a natural process being the reason for this one.